Thread: Where is Everyone?

Default Where is Everyone?

I`m one of those late night players, so I know many might not be one due to work/school, but even when I am on earlier in the day, everyone I know seems to never be on anymore. where`d yah all go?
    Seems either everyone`s quiting Istaria, or have moved to Chaos. D:
    I miss RPing with you all, and I`m sorry if my timing`s terrible. :P
    Maybe once I get back to 12 hours, I`ll have more days off to get on earlier when most people are on XD
    But otherwise, it`s not just me, but several others have noticed a rather steep drop in the population on Order. Where`d every body go? o.o

Default Re: Where is Everyone?

I'm most often in-game during my mornings-early afternoons (East Coast US), and usually find a goodly number of dragons and bipeds roaming around...I'm guessing school/work has dropped the numbers during the week. And, at night (again, my time), I've always found an even larger number of people in-game....have noticed (a mild complaint) that there can be a dozen or so dragons showing in the Dragon Channel and either all are AFK or simply aren't interested in answering questions or making comments (why be there if you're ignoring everything???)
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

Mostly busy with other things before the snow starts flying which could theoretically happen any day now (though don't expect it for another month).

Not only is Istaria not the only game I play (Eve Online), but I snagged me a new tablet and have found some of the games casually enjoyable (one of which is available for the PC too - Dangerous - very addictive) and I also get into 'moods' which might have me watching movies, TV series (I have over 1800 DVDs, TV shows included) and a large library.

Unlike when I first started playing Istaria (then Horizons), it is no longer the end-all, be-all where I ran 3-4 computers and had 5 accounts. Those days are long gone and there are so many interests. Mild OCD combined with rapidly changing interests (I'm just as easily bored as I am interested in something else) means I can be absorbed in one thing for hours, days, weeks before jumping to something else with everything else left by the wayside though not necessarily forgotten.

While I agree there seem to be more...hmm...hidden or non-communicative players than I can ever remember, in their defense I'll say I am much more of a solo/lone player as well. I don't mind helping when I can, but if I'm in the middle of a project, task or something I'm not going to drop it to go do something else on the spur of the moment. It is for that reason I won't say anything, not even a "sorry for not being able to assist at the moment" because sometimes even that can throw off my focus - not to mention I might be in the fight of my life and afterwards it simply slips the mind.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

*wing waves*

Sorry, been antisocial lately and sailing the skies over at Pirate101. I got grumpy with the broken dragon harvesting so I couldn't work on construction levels very well with the biped. Just wasn't in the mood for lairshaping, then found out they also broke hunting (out of range targeting attacks). Guess maybe I should stop by the forums again more since I see they are now working on fixing the fix as far as combat is concerned.

I'll try to get in game a bit more again.

Yes, indeed, they've fixed the combat thingy....I got *great* help from Support on that........haven't run across any trouble in harvesting (but, then again, I've never tried harvesting another dragon.....sorry, bad joke!)
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

odd, harvesting ore at least has been working fine for me. o.o ish ok *huggles* I`ll be too busy to play starting tomorrow, moving to my new place, and won`t have internet until my ISP can come out, and connect it in my new place. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    odd, harvesting ore at least has been working fine for me. o.o ish ok *huggles* I`ll be too busy to play starting tomorrow, moving to my new place, and won`t have internet until my ISP can come out, and connect it in my new place. XD
    Good luck on the move! See you when everything is put back where it belongs!

What was broken wasn't basic harvesting such as ore but the "newer" things we got like cedar and flax. It also broke some dragon only gather herbs. I discovered last night my dragon could swipe at a cedar tree and end up with logs in the pack (which was a vast improvement over being told to go get a harvest knife or axe ). Didn't run around and check other things.

Thread Information