Thread: Vandus Confederation: Traitor in the Midst 2

Default Vandus Confederation: Traitor in the Midst 2

Firstly, thanks to the wiki contributors, else I would still be stuck on this!

So, not sure if a bug, but my suggestion is for some meaningful dialogue and quest log please.
    After talking to Mayor Vandus, the quest log simply ticks off "Locate signs of the Traitor Gregory's flight". There's nothing after that, no clues, nothing. As you head south, you can talk to NPC's along the way and they will have dialogue about him, but no quest advancements. The quest advances when you talk to Sergeant Borash in the deep South (21676/19872ish), but there's absolutely nothing to tell you that he is the NPC you must talk to in order to advance the quest. Could you pretty please make the step "Listen to Sergenat Borash" visible before having actually talked to him?
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Default Re: Vandus Confederation: Traitor in the Midst 2

No, sorry, that would be holding your hand and the quest is ambiguous on purpose. You don't know where the traitor went, that's why you are hunting him and why just about every npc along the way has something to say with regards to it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ok I'm fine with that. But the why should I have to talk to that specific NPC to advance the quest? Why not simply "Find The traitor's camp" then have it progress to the killing part? The hints along the way elude to the south, the sergeant is off towards the west of Heart, so I found Gregory a long time before I found the sergeant.

It follows the road. I will make a note to allow players to potentially skip the npc at the Shadowed Camp, however.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Or at least make a quest log entry "talk to guards about locating Gregory" or something like that. The fact that the log for that quest just goes completely blank in the middle of it was annoying (I killed Gregory before I realized I needed to talk to someone to continue the quest).

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    It follows the road. I will make a note to allow players to potentially skip the npc at the Shadowed Camp, however.
    Thanks a million. Alternatively, change it to the Sergeant at Heart (which could then direct to the Serg at the little campfire). But I'll leave that decision up to far smarter minds than my own

Thread Information