Thread: Case opened: Plot selling price issue

Default Case opened: Plot selling price issue

My guild had managed to get 3 plots, 2 in Nuthala, and 1 in South March. As we did want plots together we went to look today, after the Darvus auctions ended. We found some desirable plots, and so I proceeded to sell my current plot. It is a plot with a base price of 229 silver, in the auction I paid 999 silver for it. As both the sell windows clearly state I will get back the COST of the plot, minus the 5 % plot sale tax I had expected to get 999 silver - 5 %. That would be 949,05. So I am surprised... no, I am ANGRY... that I only got 229 - 5%, 217,55. I did run back to Nuthala, and did buy the plot back, but I lost 770 silver, plus the 5%.

Last time there was trouble with plots causing me to loose silver it took one day shy of a month to get it back. I really hope this time things will be swifter.

Obviously I'll also be pissed if this causes us to loose a chance at the Darvus plots, Knud has the same problem, paid 1 gold, 550 silver for his plot, which is a neighbouring plot of mine. He cant sell, so we cant buy in Darvus.

I have uploaded a word doc with 3 screenshots; The first gives plot location, community ID and plot ID. The other two show the two sale plot windows, clearly stating I should get the original cost back.

Dranar

Default Re: Case opened: Plot selling price issue

Well, I hate to break it to you... BUT... the cost of the plot is only 229...

At an auction, you win with the "Highest Bid"... The highest bid does NOT nesecarrily mean the item actually cost as much as you paid.

You only get back 95% of the "Cost" of a plot... not what you paid for it at auction.

If you had bought the plot from a player at one gold, and it's "Value" was only 229, when selling back you would get 217.55... not 95% of one gold.

At least, that is how I understood it. It's an auction, highest bid wins, though that doesn't tell what the cost of the plot was.

~Dranar

During the auctions the specific question was asked "what would stop a player from winning a high-end property and just selling it back for the gold". It was said that if someone won a plot worth alot more than thier token and traded it for the cash it was like "they hit the lottery". I can't recall which dev answered it but I think it was possibly Smeglor.

Well.... it's not very clear then... The plot cost me 999 silver. That's initial cost to me.The 229 was a minimum asking price.

Gunnyr, you have a good point with regards to the selling for gold... But that's the other way around; Buying a plot with a 1 silver token, and then selling it for the asking price. Another reason why the selling to community should be about the price you paid, not the price that was asked as minimum price in the auction.

Really hope to get support or dev's views tho...

The "lottery" benefitted those with plot tokens. During the auction, if they won a 2 gold plot with a 100 silver token, they could cash out for a nice gain. It sucks for the plotless, but AE opted to do that (perhaps as a reward for the long-term players).

However, you simply paid 999 silver for a 229 silver plot. You get back the 229 silver less the fee. You wanted that plot and won the auction with the bid. Yes it sounds bad, but to AE auctions are a great money sink.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by eollyn
    Well.... it's not very clear then... The plot cost me 999 silver. That's initial cost to me.The 229 was a minimum asking price.

Gunnyr, you have a good point with regards to the selling for gold... But that's the other way around; Buying a plot with a 1 silver token, and then selling it for the asking price. Another reason why the selling to community should be about the price you paid, not the price that was asked as minimum price in the auction.

Really hope to get support or dev's views tho...
    Sorry about that Eollyn, I read it backwards :)

Well... Support has worked swift, and it is, in my eyes, indeed a swindle, but they say it is correct.

CSR Ryson Stormbringer
    posted online message Posted - Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 10:41 AM Hello Jos,

we are sorry but everything worked as intended as the cost of the plot is not the price of the plot that you paid winning the auction.

Best regards.

Every plot has an official imperial price. What us crazy players bid it up to doesn't affect that. It worked just like I would have expected: the system paid you the official imperial price. If you want a high price for it, then find a player willing to pay that. If you can't find a player to pay that price, then it's not really worth that. The system does guarantee you 95% the official price, which may be more than you could get from another player.
    Ikfel the Crafty Dwarf
    Level 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Miner, Scholar, and Outfitter

~shrugs~ It's all a matter of choice of words. The price of the plot is 229. The plot cost me 999.

Had they indeed used a better description at the selling windows - official imperial price, or even mentioning the price, cant be that hard to do with a script- would have prevented a lot of anger, frustration and sadness on my part.

Thread Information