Thread: Ceremonial Chest Scale - buffs on hit not working?

Default Ceremonial Chest Scale - buffs on hit not working?

After grinding away at some mobs for a little bit (and having 2-3 of them attacking me at any given time) I noticed that I didn't see any of the buffs the ceremonial chest scale gives.

I logged the biped, who has the old ceremonial shield - not exchanged yet for the techable one - and after a couple seconds running around some mobs, he got the buffs. It seems the ceremonial scale doesn't give the buffs when hit anymore.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ceremonial Chest Scale - buffs on hit not working?

Actually, on a different note - slightly - I was on a dragon that killed Daknor and got the shield rather than the scale. I'm wondering if the scale is just gone and obsolete?

I thought the scale was from the Fafnir quest? Or am I mixing things up again?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdiatoken View Post
    Actually, on a different note - slightly - I was on a dragon that killed Daknor and got the shield rather than the scale. I'm wondering if the scale is just gone and obsolete?
    This happened to me when I completed the quest - the shield drops from Daknor, and then the NPC questgiver guy gives you the scale (at least, he did when I did it, which was months ago - pre-crystalshaper patch)

I thought the scale was from the Fafnir quest? Or am I mixing things up again?
    Both come from the killing Daknor/Kwellens quest. I didn't have to kill Daknor for getting them, though I think I did have to kill some of the blight hounds.

You get the shield after the kill of Daknor, after that you need to collect some further hides (from Kwellen Berserker, Blighted Kwellen or Blight Hounds...) to get the scale. That how it was before the crystalshaper patch, don't know if this got changed.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    You get the shield after the kill of Daknor, after that you need to collect some further hides from Blight Hounds to get the scale.
    Quick correction. As mentioned, unless this was changed during crystal shaper update (doubtful).
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

about which buffs are we talking here? I don't remember the name currently, but as far as I know there are two buffs which are in random tier cast upon you sometimes and this still happens to me
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

They have both still been happening for me with the scale, and they do proc quite often for me, perhaps luck or just that I'm an aggro magnet. Normally they proc when getting hit by something like reklar or his shard carrying lackies :P

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Thread Information