Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 Years!

Default Re: 10 Years!

Here's screenshots from January 2004, my guild finishing the bridge to Lerena, then running across to buy plots. We all had dragged our disks there (probably from Aughundell) each of us carrying a load of construction materials. They had calulated everything needed, and we had it all there ahead of time, left our disks there, so we could come back at 1am to finish it and buy plots without competition
    Back then cargo disks of other players were invisible.
    January 16th 2004, from 1:08am to 1:26am central time on Twilight shard:

Bridge 01
    Bridge 02
    Bridge 03
    Bridge 04
    Bridge 05
    Bridge 06
    Bridge 07
    Bridge 08 Done!
    Bridge 09
    Bridge 10
    Bridge 11 View of the finished bridge from the hill overlooking Lerena.

The next week it made news on the Artifact Entertainment website, we were the first shard to build the bridge, and I believe it was the first world construction project ever finished as well.

I've been here, since near the start of beta. Gratz on 10th anniversary. Tazoon.com is gone, so most pics and posts also gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    I've been here, since near the start of beta. Gratz on 10th anniversary. Tazoon.com is gone, so most pics and posts also gone...
    Of that first year and beta, yea... Amazingly these forums have been in place since late fall of 2004 so we have TONS of posts here from post-merge on.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Guaran, none of your pic links work for me
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

He probably needs to be online for the links to work.

Big congrats on 10 years. I started back in 2007 myself, and every time I left I found myself missing this place. Memories of friends and the Rites of Passage, both Adult and Ancient.. All the adventures. At times this place was where I could go to find good people in the midst of chaotic life events.

I really appreciate the work that Virtrium puts in keeping this game up after all this time, when there is so much competition. I think it's a testament to the quality of the idea and game-play framework, in combination with the great community. Sure, we've had difficult times and have had our differences - but no community lives without times like that, and it's important to remember that were all part of the family of Istaria. And that family has survived for ten years and continues.

Thanks to everyone involved,

Silithus
    Lunus Ancient Dragon - 100 Adv. 100 Craft. 100 Lair. 49 CrystalShaper
    Feel free to add me on Facebook: [email protected]

I will have to look at my screenshot directory... I have some from the very beginning, but not a whole lot. I think a lot of the fun memories was trying to beat the resource server lag by collecting 3000 logs and trying to make it to the machine before the server realized I had chopped more than my inventory could hold.

Also, when they released the Dryads as a playable character, they used the algorithm for the dragon for the /excite emote and the dryad characters did this bizarre stretchy animation including the female dryad's breasts would shoot out like little skinny toothpicks. Too bad I didn't video screen capture that, it was hilarious.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information