Thread: Annual Scions-hosted Holiday Ball 2014 January 1 EST 2 pm (GMT 7 pm) in Harro

Default Annual Scions-hosted Holiday Ball 2014 January 1 EST 2 pm (GMT 7 pm) in Harro

Once again, Scions are hosting a holiday ball, open to the entire shard and any visitors who care to drop in.

This year it will be in Harro at Armaiti's plot, east up the hill from the port pad. The ball is scheduled to start at the following time (I hope I have the zone conversions right):

Wednesday, 1 January: 10 pm : Moscow
    Wednesday, 1 January: 8 pm : Berlin
    Wednesday 1 January: 7 pm : London
    Wednesday, 1 January: 2 pm : New York (EST)
    Wednesday, 1 January: 1 pm : Winnipeg (CST)
    Wednesday, 1 January: noon : Phoenix (MST)
    Wednesday, 1 January: 11 am : Los Angeles (PST)
    Wednesday, 1 January: 9 am: Honolulu (HAST)
    Thursday, 2 January: 6 am : Sydney
    Thursday, 2 January: 4 am : Tokyo

Please come for some goodies and cup of cheer (I'm working on old holiday recipes) and to try out the footwork. Hopefully we can get a rousing & colorful version of the gnomish crosshop going - usually not too many heads get kicked during it. It's kind of pretty when we have various attacks (ice, flame, energy) cast on folks as they dance about!

We'll happily try any other coordinated steps folks can think of, like the box step so popular in previous years, the criss-cross, the circle dance, and the line dance.

Attire is formal if you can manage it, though we don't turn anyone away; please consider style/coordination and that this is the perfect time to bring out those non-armor, non-cargo items tucked in your closet.

Happy New Year and hope to see you there! :-)

*practices: forward, slide left, back, slide right... no, no, my other right!*

Default Re: Annual Scions-hosted Holiday Ball 2014 January 1 EST 2 pm (GMT 7 pm) in Harro

Reminder! This is happening starting 5 min from now, in Harro at Gwaine's plot, with different goodies given out before each dance. Come and have a ball! (or blast, if you prefer, fireworks will be part of it)

Just realized the copy/paste from last year listed the wrong location in the first post, sorry about that!! But it is in Harro!

Default Re: Annual Scions-hosted Holiday Ball 2014 January 1 EST 2 pm (GMT 7 pm) in Harro

Sorry I missed this. I thought you were away Awdz and Scram told me Secret Santa and the Ball were this weekend. I made plans thinking no one was going to to be around after talking to everyone. Then I found out from Miir out of game it was going to be today. Ill get my secret santa in asap.

Sorry I had to miss it also I misled you a bit there Teto, Awdz mentioned a week ago that she was thinking about having it within a week so that would have been today but also said she may have to move it to the 5th. With all the crazy RL things going on here the jan. 05 stuck in my head.

No worries, guys, I managed to hand out goodies a little at a time between dances so it worked out. It would have been nice to have more bipeds there as dragons generally do not seem to dance as well as we do, at least on the ground, but they gave quite an aerial show afterward. Pharaxes in khutit form is pretty light on his feet, too - he did the tryst dance thingy with me very well indeed!

Those who attended got a bit loaded down with all that I handed out. Many thanks again to Summerbreeze for all the meal foods and to Topia_Unity for the fireworks! Because of them, I only had to make the festival foods and keys for the goodies I handed out.

If you missed it this year, just keep your eyes out for another fun-filled ball next year!

Thread Information