Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Suggestion for Dragons

Default My Suggestion for Dragons

Before reading this, some of you may already have, I want you to understand something very clearly. If you desire to attack dragons, or attack bipeds, or compare the two in anyway take it to my original thread that was moved to the dragon forums. If you wish to contribute to the suggestion here, feel free. If you wish to tear it apart, take it to the original thread.

As I stated before, the dragon adventurer school is for the most part well balanced. It seems some of you are starting to understand that, and are starting to realize that those of us (100/100 dragons playingfrom or near the beginning) that really know what we are talking about are not asking for anything handed to us on a silver platter. Here are a few minor tweaks to the school (and some major tweaks to the race)that I think should be added.

Skills:
    Dragons should receive 10T&C and 10Primal per level BEFORE any quests or other bonuses. There really is no excuse for 8/Lvl as dragons are not a hybrid class, they are a single pure dragon class.

Magic:
    - Promote Mind equivilant to the Promote Vitality line.
    - Addition of a 'Rain-style' AoE (Damage comes down over a certain area in multiple waves. Monsters must remain in the same area to continue taking damage. Typically, there are no more than 3 or 4 pulses.)
    - Addition of Primal Stuns, both single target and AoE versions.
    - Addition of spell techniques for Primal. All other magic sets have them, primal should as well. A few good ideas would be DoT addon tech and a stun addon tech.
    - Revamp of the Spell HoTs. Currently there are four lines. Two of these are never used. I suggest changing them so that (Spell lines 1-4):

1) Short term Hot, same timer as current Dragon HoTs. Heals aboutthree times whatQuickening Breezedoes currently for the six tic duration. Single Target.
    2) Medium Term Hot, Three times the duration of current dragon HoTs, 2 minute recharge. Heals for the same amount as Quickening Breeze. Single Target.
    3) AoE Group Version of 1. Higher requirements and slightly less effective.
    4) AoE Group Version of 2. Higher requirements and slightly less effective.

- Dragon Buffs should last for 30minutes, not 15minutes.
    - While this is not a balance issue, some actual spell graphics would be nice as well.

Gifts:
    Three Gifts as following:
    1) Pure Grit: Functions as the TG roughly two teirs below that of the spell. Does not stack with Gift of Health or Gift of Toughness.
    2) Gift of Vitality: (T5) 65 STR/DEX
    3) Gift of Mind: (T5) 65 POW/FOC
    4) Gift of Flight: Functions as flight speed buff, equivilant gain 2x to gift of speed. Also grants an alacrity bonus at higher tiers (5% T3, 10% T4, 15% T5). This does not stack with Gift of Alacrity.

Spellbased Equivlants to Hoard Based Melee Specials
    This is really more of an inner dragon balance than dragon vs. biped. In my opinion, being that we were forced into one class, there should be equal opprotunites to take the spell path or the melee path. With the addition of the spells above, the only other thing lacking is hoard focused spell abilities to Silver Strike and Gold Rage. I suggest the following two ability counterparts. The first would come a few levels after silverstrike, the second would be quested for like gold rage is.

1) Primal Infusion: Increases spell damage by a certain percent on the next spell cast. The highest level version would do something along the lines of 250% damage for a cost of 100 hoard. Recharge 1minute.
    2) Primal Resonance: Functions as a multicast of 1 + Tier of ability. This quest is doable every 20 levels. Cost is 200 per teir. Recharge 2 minutes.
    3) Primal Dominance: (Not actually an ability) Triggered when Primal Infusion and Primal Resonance are used in conjunction. Costs 150*Teir of primal resonance.

Note: Using Primal Infusion with Primal Resonance while powerful, carries quite a cost (1850hoard at max level), and have much slower recharge than does Gold Rage.

Quest-lines

-All ability quests need to go up to level 100.
    -Teir 5Dragon's Gift Quest
    -Healing Mastery needs to effect HoTs
    -Smelting and Stoneworking Quest Lines
    -Additional Crystal Quests (Especially when Claw Slots are finished)
    -Probably something I am missing here

Breath Weapons
    This is one of those places that are really hurting for dragons. Currently two breath lines exist, Fire and Ice/Lightning (depending on faction). Fire is on a five minute timer, Ice/Lightning on a 10minute timer. They have a small area of effect in front of the dragon (assuming they are adults).

I have 26million hoard, about 700k over the maximum cap (to get an idea just how hard it is to max hoard, I know of two other dragons that have a maximum hoard, and that encompasses all of the live shards). My ice breath, IF it hits does mabey 350damage to a mob much lower level than I. Afterwards, it has an effect that lasts for one minute that, while decent, is not all that amazing. Also understand that the breath weapons are on 100% linked timers relative to the time of the ability.

If you went around the world and asked what the trademark ability of a dragon was, about 90% would probably say the breath weapon. As it now stands, I hardly use my breathweapons do to how utterly worthless they are.

I suggest revamping the ability into three sections per type.

1) A breath weapon with the same effectiveness as is currently in the game. Reduced timer to 1 minute recycle for fire, 2 for faction breaths. Fire available to hatchling.
    2) Linked timer to number 1. (Fire:3) (Ice/Lightning:5) minute Recharge. Much larger area of effect, much higher damage (Depending on level of ability, % Multiplier of hoard bonus - this is where the extra damage comes from. A dragon with 0 hoard would see minimal difference between this and 1). Ancient/Adult only.
    3) Epic style Breath weapon. 30 minute recharge for fire, 1 hour for faction. Linked timer with other epic breath weapons. Massive damage dependent on hoard. Has extra nasty effects. For flame, this would probably be a DoT. Bears a hoard cost of around 1000 for fire, 2000 for faction. Impressive visual and deadly results. Ancient only.

Faction and Fire breaths are not on linked timers, with the exception of the epic version.

Hoard
    Ah yes. The big tamalle. This is arguabley the place that hurts dragons more than anything. This is the place where rewards are so far out sinc with the effort it is near sickening. This is the one place that can make the biggest difference in rewarding a dragon for putting effort into their character. Here are some numbers to help you understand what the current system is.

The current (non-cumulative):
    100k hoard: 30 breath damage, 120ac
    1mil hoard: 50 breath damage, 200ac
    25.3mil+ hoard: 100 breath damage, 480ac

As of now, there are three dragons I know of including myself that have reached the 25.3mil hoard point. The amount of effort required is probably somewhere around getting your fourth 100 class in adventuring from the point you maxed out your first 100. Roughly. Someone mentioned something about getting 50 levels of craft experience while getting hoard up and so its worth it. This is untrue. Not only is it not worth it to do untill you can craft mithril scales (even at 100 we are not 2:1 at mithril yet we can mine T6), but that is craft experience you would be sacrificing in deconstruction. Hoard is a completely seperate grind. It is comparable to multiclassing for bipeds, though, minus the rewards.

What Needs to Be Done:
    First off, hatchlings should get the exact same bonus they do now. Nothing should change.

For adults and ancients, the system should be altered drastically. There should be multiple sets of teirs within the hoard which grant their own bonuses, one of those being the current teir. All teirs should be based on level and max out at ~25.3mil hoard.

Lets start with the current teir that exists which currently adds 4ac and 1 breath damage (postweighted) per level. At level 100, another 80ac is thrown in there. For adults, armor per hoard level should double to 8ac per level. Breath weapon damage should increase from 1 breath damage to 5. In addition, there should be a 1 damage postweighted bonus to melee and 1.25-1.5 to primal damage.

In addition to this, new teir systems should be added in that follow different numbers. One of these should be health, speed, attack speed/recycle,and stat bonuses, though mostly focused on health. This would have six levels with much larger gaps between.

Another should add in a few interesting active abilites. Perhaps 3 of these within the entire 25.3mil.

The end result for an adult at level 100 with maxed hoard should look something along the lines of:

+960ac (+710 if Scale changes went in)
    +1000hp
    15% Alacrity (Stacks and is Passive)
    +100 meleedamage
    +125-150 primaldamage
    +500breath damage
    +200 to all stats
    +25 flight speed
    3 interesting combat abilites

In my opinion, 25.3mil hoard should be part of the requirement for Ancient. If it is not, then proportionally, that difference in ability should be represented through hoard. Some of you may think the above seems overpowered. If you understood the amount of effort required, then you would see quite clearly that it is not.

Hoard is probably the easiest thing to change and it would have the greatest impact on balance. It would also be nice sometime in the future to have a UI window for it to really see where you were and to see what you were getting out of it.

Scales
    This is another place where bipeds get alot more out of it than do dragons. As Teirs increase, the difference just becomes greater. Bipeds should also understand that a dragon cannot use all of his/her scale slots untill level 90 for a total of 10 (excluding the scalepack. I do not count this as a true scale.)

Scales function as the Teir*10 (with the exceptionof the tail scale. For some reason this is as if it were a teir higher)of whatever stat the scale stands for (Armor, Strength, Power, Health, ect). They have no base armor and can be teched normally. Foreleg scales and chest scales can be armor socketed. Wingscales can be speed/velocity teched.

So, a set of T5 armor scales at 100 would give you 510ac.

All scales should have a base armor to them. In my opinion 5ac per teir with the hoard changes would be perfect. Even cargo armor has some base armor to it, why shouldnt dragon scales?

Something After 100/100/100
    Ancient RoP will be neat (hopefully...), but that, just like adult, is a one time thing. Dragons need a way to progress through killing/crafting after they have reached 100. For this I suggest an alternate advancement system much like what Everquest Live offers. It would accomplish the task quitewell without introducing multiclassing to dragons.

And thats it.

----------------------
    Updates and Changes:
    - Added 10 Per Level for Skills
    - Important changes to Spellcasting Special Equivilants
    - Additions to Magic Category
    - Gifts Section Changed
    - Some Adjustment to Hoard Bonus
    - Dragon Buffs should last for 30minutes not 15minutes
    - Gifts Section seperated from Magic. Details added.
    - Technique Portion of Scale Suggestion Removed.
    - Modified the HoT Magic Suggestion for Clarity
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Default Re: My Suggestion for Dragons

To elaborate on what I mean by an alternate advancement system:

First, let me explain how you would accumulate points to spend. Lets say AE chose to use the expereince needed to level to 75 to gain a point. You would adventure or craft depending on the kind of AA points you wanted respectively, and each time you 'dinged' you would gain a point and the experience bar would reset to zero again. The experience required to gain a point remains static, no matter how many points you have aquired. You could chose to spend the point right then or save them for more powerful abilites.

You would have a menu of various abilities that you could choose to purchase with your available points. Options in the basic category would cover anything from basic stats and skills (something around 5 to a stat for a single point) to regeneration to generalpassive and active abilities. Each choice would have a cap to the number of points that could be accolated there and some of the more advanced abilities would require lower abilities to already be purchased. (Ex: Regeneration 3 is required before you can get Improved Regeneration that would stack on that).

Stats would always require the same single point for a set amount of statistic, however more advanced passive and active abilities would increase depending on the power of the ability. (Lets say there are three levels of an ability. The first might cost you 3 points, the second 6 points, and the third 9 points for a total of 18 points at T3. The tier 3 ability would be quite a bit better than the tier 1 version).

A Few Examples of Passive abilites:
    Improved Melee damage
    Improved Armor
    Improved Spell Damage
    Increased Area of Effect of Spells
    Increased Range of Spells
    Chance for Effect on attacks
    Improved health %
    Improved Dodge ect

The possibilies are endless.

As you moved up tiers into the faction and especially ancient AA abilites, costs would become higher and the rewards would be much greater and unique.

I hope that helps explain some.

This would be a dragon only system, to allow dragon characters to do something after 100adv/100cra/100HV without adding in multiclassing.
    Vesuvius Veix
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

A lot of good stuff.

*I would find haveing the breeze spells adjusted to 1min duration / 2min reset more usefull than increased healing from them. When soloing.. cast before you pull and it's 30-50% used before I get hit. Cast time is so long I figure I take 2 hits to cast it if done during combat. 1min is long enough to breeze, pull, kill before it drops.
    *I think parry would make better RP sense than dodge for a dragon. They really can't move center mass that fast, but could parry with claws. Plus, parry is based offweapon skills ( T/C for a dragon ) vs dodge is evasion based T/C is higher naturally and can be teched unlike evasion.
    *Iam curious as to whywoulda dragonask for gifts.. more augment type boosts sure, but why block a potential biped gift when the standard atm is for biped and dragon buffs to stack?

"Secondly, being that bipeds get jewlery and alot more slots in general to technique, teqniques should grant a higher bonus to scales to compensate for this. Armor techniques should be techable to armor scales as well."

Scales: Teching and training health adds more pts than doing the same for armor and attributes...perhaps health based dragon scales should also be higher than armor stat scales. Granted jewelery isn't but jewelery is worn for techs more than their meger stat boosts.

7 jewelery-12 armor-1 weapon. That's 20 vs 10 but a dragon can place almost any tech on every scale. Bipeds are set up so that they can only place the same tech on 1/2 of thier pieces [ except for ward/resist/armor techs which can go on all barring no armor tech on armor jewelery ]. Considering the number of skills dragons use vs bipeds it averages out pretty evenly for dragons with all 10scales. Except the potential for defensive techs, though if you were granted boost to natural/hoard armor and scales gained base armor..that would be good enough for me.

Well, in my post sure multiple longer term hots might be more useful, but I am not posting to get the most powerful things out of everything. I want a little differenciation, a little something interesting.

(I am assuming your second point was reffering to the AA system) Those were just examples to the types of abilities. I agree, a parry or perhaps 'absorb blow' type defence would be more fitting, though again, they were just examples to give people an idea of what I was talking about. I will leave it to the devs to come up with the small details like that.

I ask for gifts because most of the time I am running around with 4 empty gift slots. I think it would be interesting to have gifts like the ones I suggested. Would force people to make choices as to what they wanted. It would give dragons a bit more on the buffing side in a group and in solo. I suggest it because most multiclassed bipeds run around with a full set of gifts. I think dragons should have some of their own. I am not asking for a massive line, we are not augmenters, but a few multipurpose ones thrown in would be nice. Again, I want things to be balanced, not dragons become uber gods, this is part of the reason why I said the one 'allpurpose gift' did not stack with alacrity.

Regarding biped equipment vs dragon equipment, I am not saying that dragon equipment should be on par with biped (much of this should come from other areas such as hoard). I suppose I should have been more specific in saying that techs such as Health and Armor should grant higher bonuses than they do (to my knowledge these are techable on all biped equipment, please correct me if I am wrong). The difference does not have to be phenomenal, perhaps 25%-50% more. The base armor to scales is badly needed as well. Its not much, T5 scales would only be giving 25ac per with what I suggested.

Vesuvius Veix

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius
    - Promote Mind equivilant to the Promote Vitality line.
    - Two Gifts of Somekind. One should be a gift version of True Grit, the other should be a kind of general all around buff, perhaps a collection of T3-4 biped gift equivilents including alacrity merged into one(at T5 for the dragon gift) that does NOT stack with the Alacrity line. For a third gift, I think a flightspeed gift would be neat.
    I have set up a comparison of Augment spell line vs Dragon buffs as is and with your suggestions. All augments are Tier 4 and the Gift of Love 5 is example of "collection of T3-4 biped gift equivilents" and and has 7 of 9 Tier3 gifts in it.
    ** FYI - Enhance and raises can only have 3 at a time [ Armor / Str or Dex or Health / Power or Focus ]
    ** Note that armor gift is ignored due it being pathetic and Gift of Toughness was not added either since it can't stack with health or armor.
    [ Gift Armor 5 = +41 Armor ] [ Gift Toughness 5 +31 Armor +106 Health ]

P.V. : +90 str +90 dex
    T.G : +98 Ar +188 Health
    Dragon's G: +70 primal / +70 T/C / +70 Evasion / +70 Magic Def
    Estimated Determination 4 ~ +120 Str +120 to hit [ or Primal Roar ]
    P.M. : +90 power +90 focus
    Gift T.G : +98 Ar +188 Health
    Gift of Love 5: +61 str/+61 dex/+61 pow/+61 foc/+161 health/-15% delay/+6 speed
    Gift of Wings 4: +8 flight speed

12 classes can use Gifts , Enhances and Surge
    Gift 4s : +161 health / +60 power / +60 focus / -20% delay
    Enhance 4s: +200 heath / +85 power / +104 armor
    Surge 4 : +91 power ( only 1 surge at a time for 3 min / 5 min reset )

16 classes get gifts and raises only
    Gift 4s : +161 health / +60 power / +60 focus / -20% delay
    Raise 4s : +72 armor / +51 power / +124 health
    **R4s estimated off ( R3 / 3 * 4 )

str/dex/pow/foc Health Armor Xtra stuuf

Dragon as is +300 +161 +98 +70 prim/T&C/Evde/MagD [ +120 to hit ]
    Dr.w/ PM+GiftTG +480 +376 +196 +70 prim/T&C/Evde/MagD [ +120 to hit ]
    Augmentor +296 +361 +104 -20% delay
    Multi-classer +171 +285 +72 -20% delay

Total requested +724 +486 +196+280 to skills/[+120to hit ]/+6 speed
    +8 flight speed/-15% delay.

Again, I want things to be balanced, not dragons become uber gods, this is part of the reason why I said the one 'all purpose gift' did not stack with alacrity. I am not asking for a massive line, we are not augmenters, but a few multipurpose ones thrown in would be nice.
    Not really sure how to respond to this request... I already knew dragon'shad better than healer augments to start. Which most dragons deny , yet it's true. I suppose that a comment from earlier post of yours should illustrate:
    Dragons snap at bipeds because dragons are tired of ignorant bipeds making posts like this. If you dont know what you are talking about, dont post.
    Actually, Overall compareing class oriented topics...Dragon posts are hands down the most uniformed and biased posts of any class. That is whybipeds seem drawn to calling them whines and bashing the comments contained within. Even worse is that I know some dragons will still deny the numbers, even though they as spellcrafter can check for themselves. Then there are the "yah..but"s wholove to change the topic andwork a new angle. My all time favorite dragon debate tactic - "Well you can just multi-class to gain XXX" which often is entierely false as many abilities/spells don't transfer. Anyhow....

I suppose I should have been more specific in saying that techs such as Health and Armor should grant higher bonuses than they do (to my knowledge these are techable on all biped equipment, please correct me if I am wrong).
    I thought I answered that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jah
    Scales: Teching and training health adds more pts than doing the same for armor and attributes...perhaps health based dragon scales should also be higher than armor stat scales.
    Bipeds are set up so that they can only place the same tech on 1/2 of thier pieces [ except for ward/resist/armor techs [ health is limited placement ]which can go on all barring no armor tech on armor jewelery ].

It is an unfair comparison to compare a T5 'Gift of Love' (Love the name hehe) to T4 gifts and augmentations. I should mention as well that PV and PM would not be stackable, you would have to pick one or the other. I will get you the stats on PV, TG, and Determination V with the spells at T5.

Also, the 'Gift of Love' was supposed to be two gifts. One for the health/armor portion of it, the other for the stat/alacrity portion. Speed should not be included.

Dragon's gift and Determination/Primal Roar really should not be included. These are abilities, not spells, much like the Gleaming Sheild ability clerics get.

Note: Technique section of scales removed. Your argument is valid and equipment is balenced enough in that regard. I do not expect dragonscales to equal a full set of biped equipment (as we should and do, get things from other places). I am aware of the fact health gives more than a strength tech. I was saying more in comparison to what bipeds get off the same tech. Regardless, that point was removed and is moot now.

True Grit V: 130 Armor, 248 Health
    Promote Vitality (Mind) V: 144 Strength/Dexterity (Power/Focus)
    Determination V: 180 Strength, 162 Attack Skill

Again, Determination and Primal Gift are abilities, and should not really be considered as 'buffs'
    Vesuvius Veix

Again, Determination and Primal Gift are abilities, and should not really be considered as 'buffs'
    IMO, if one compares buffs, it includesevery buff you have even passive ones. Though I differntiate between ones that canbe active at all times vs short term buffs with resets longer than durations. I don't really consider surge in the same catagory since it can't be maintained at all times. I wouldnt think it fair to compare to Wizard without accounting for there passive skill boost and passive ability that shortens recycle times for spells. Or guardian who has passive armor, passive meleee resist, passive +2 str, passive +2 2h and 1h crush skills..those 2 classes are defined by their passive abilities. Remove them from a class disscussion and your not haveing an informed discussion about those classes. *shrug*

Woah, I see a place on there where you made a very serious mistake. The 'gift TG' was supposed to be around the level of the Tier 3 TG at TV. This was probably due to vaugeness (I didnt really take the time to go into the details of the buffs).

So a level 100 dragon with some points put into primal would be able to cast:

'Gift of Love' V: +61 to STR/DEX/POW/FOC/ -15% Delay
    'TrueG Gift' V: +66 Armor, 128 Health
    TrueG V: +130 Armor, 248 Health
    PromoteV: +114 STR/DEX
    Gift of Flight V: +20 Flight Speed

'Gift of Love' Would not stack with Alacrity
    'TrueG Gift' Would not stack with Gift of Toughness or Gift of Health

Self-Buffed this would make a total of:

175 STR, 175 DEX, 61 POW, 61 FOC
    196 Armor
    376 Health
    -15% Delay
    20 Flight Speed

And take up 3 Gift slots.

(Abilities IMO do not count because it changes for everyclass and many are self-only. While as buffs can be applied across the board.)
    Vesuvius Veix

So, now to the T5 Gifts and Augmentations (For the 12 classes that can enhance):

Gift of Health V: 212 Health
    Gift of Alacrity V: -25% Delay
    Gift of Armor V: 41 Armor
    Gift of Strength V: 80 Strength
    Gift of Dexterity V: 80 Dexterity

Enhance Health V: 260 Health
    Enhance Armor V: 136 Armor
    Enhance Focus V: 109 FOC
    (Health and Armor could be sacrificed for other 109 Stats)
    So we have a total of:

472 Health
    177 Armor
    80 STR, 80 DEX, 109 FOC
    -25% Delay

Using 5 Gift Slots
    Vesuvius Veix

It seems pretty fair to me.
    Vesuvius Veix

(Changed some things with the hoard bonus. I felt the AC bonus would be too high if the other changes went in)
    Vesuvius Veix

'Gift of Love' V: +61 to STR/DEX/POW/FOC/ -15% DelayEnh. Armor 5: +136
    'TrueG Gift' V: +66 Armor, 128 HealthEnh. Str 5 : +109
    TrueG V: +130 Armor, 248 HealthEnh. Power 5: +109
    PromoteV: +114 STR/DEXGift alac 5: -25% delay
    Gift of Flight V: (Whatever the TV Gift of Speed is x2)Gift speed 5 : +10 speed
    'Gift of Love' Would not stack with Alacrity Gift Atr X3 : 3x80=240

175 STR, 175 DEX, 61 POW, 61 FOC 372 into attr 458into attr
    196 Armor 196 Armor136 armor 376 Health376 -0-
    -15% (An amount of Flight Speed)20 flight +10speed -25%delay

(Abilities IMO do not count because it changes for everyclass and many are self-only. While as buffs can be applied across the board.)
    Gift of Love is too powerful to stack with any of it's components.
    I suggest 3double gifts. PV gift, PM gift, [ alac + fly speed gift ]added to dragon gift and TG gift. You cover all bases, use all gift slots and when with biped option is to have the choice of2 at 60% value or 1 at 100% value. It ends up same to solo dragon and youhave a morebalanced set of drag vs biped gifts than withGift of Love / flight and an empty slot.
    If option is two T3 gifts in 1 vsone T5 gift they equal out. +40 +40vs +80. Would make the next version a bit better on dragon end though +60 +60vs +100. It's nice balance between the 2.

They do have a drawback IMO..As is dragons gain more by grouping with biped than visa versa, some dragons call it dependant etc.. In reality your power is increased over it's normal state whichmeansdragons areempowered whichnot the same as dependant. Dragon augments should aim to boost themselves of course, but in a way as to makeinviteing adragon a benefit to biped groups not as this does which boosts dragon, but also lessens the benefit to dragon from biped group. In the end such a mutualy beneficial set of group oriented augments empowers, both solos and groupedeveryone. This enhances solo or alldragon groups but has zero benefit to dragon or biped when they group.

Vesuvius, without getting into the complexities of the system or such. It will be better to urge AE to address the current dragon issues - if natural armor, strength, and spells were to match lore then a lot of your ideas would need to be modified.

Second, AE needs to finalize the biped classes and multiclassing. Adult dragons and modest multiclassed bipedsshould have the same, enjoyable playing experience (and longevity). Same with Ancient dragons and heavy multiclassing (to some limit I dearly hope).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jah
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Vesuvius wrote:

'Gift of Love' V: +61 to STR/DEX/POW/FOC/ -15% DelayEnh. Armor 5: +136
    'TrueG Gift' V: +66 Armor, 128 HealthEnh. Str 5 : +109
    TrueG V: +130 Armor, 248 HealthEnh. Power 5: +109
    PromoteV: +114 STR/DEXGift alac 5: -25% delay
    Gift of Flight V: (Whatever the TV Gift of Speed is x2)Gift speed 5 : +10 speed
    'Gift of Love' Would not stack with Alacrity Gift Atr X3 : 3x80=240

175 STR, 175 DEX, 61 POW, 61 FOC 372 into attr 458into attr
    196 Armor 196 Armor136 armor 376 Health376 -0-
    -15% (An amount of Flight Speed)20 flight +10speed -25%delay

Gift of Love is too powerful to stack with any of it's components.
    I suggest 3double gifts. PV gift, PM gift, [ alac + fly speed gift ]added to dragon gift and TG gift. You cover all bases, use all gift slots and when with biped option is to have the choice of2 at 60% value or 1 at 100% value. It ends up same to solo dragon and youhave a morebalanced set of drag vs biped gifts than withGift of Love / flight and an empty slot.
    If option is two T3 gifts in 1 vsone T5 gift they equal out. +40 +40vs +80. Would make the next version a bit better on dragon end though +60 +60vs +100. It's nice balance between the 2.

They do have a drawback IMO..As is dragons gain more by grouping with biped than visa versa, some dragons call it dependant etc.. In reality your power is increased over it's normal state whichmeansdragons areempowered whichnot the same as dependant. Dragon augments should aim to boost themselves of course, but in a way as to makeinviteing adragon a benefit to biped groups not as this does which boosts dragon, but also lessens the benefit to dragon from biped group. In the end such a mutualy beneficial set of group oriented augments empowers, both solos and groupedeveryone. This enhances solo or alldragon groups but has zero benefit to dragon or biped when they group.

So your basically splitting the 'gift of love' into two and adding part of it to the flightspeed buff. Sounds good to me, Ill make the change when I have more time (probably sometime Sunday).
    Vesuvius Veix

Edited the Gifts Section slightly. If anyone else has comments, critisims (in the sense they think something should be changed rather than 'this idea sucks'), or other feedback, please feel free to post.
    Vesuvius Veix

On the premise your plan was for the 2in1 gifts to be = those 2 giftsof 2 tier lower thetier of 2in1, then your vitality and mind are both too high. T3 attribute gifts are40, the 65 shown is higher than 2 xT4 gifts ( 60pt ). Also higher than promote vitality3 , though by a smaller margin.

I boosted the numbers slightly in exchange for makingit two seperate gifts.
    Vesuvius Veix

Stoneworking Mastery Quests

Smelting Mastery Quests
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

I believe those are up there Sajid :)
    Vesuvius Veix

Indeed you did put em up there, but of all needed things, those seem most obvious and perhaps most easily added.

In that respect clear, concise repetition can be a good thing. Not trying to rain on your parade, just holden up my own "simpler" sign.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Thread Information