NPC "Trader" npc's aren't showing on map. They are referenced with map_marker_pink.png which does NOT exist in the textures folder.

There seems to be two different versions of the npc.def, please make them same across the board. Maybe you was testing and forgot to change

Of the two version that exist on blight patch, if you choose to use Version 1 (see below), then you would need to add the missing .png files, in the texture folders, so it will work.

Elseif you choose Version 2, then it works as is.

So either revert (map_npc.def) to version 2 or add the missing .png files in the texture folder to make everything work.

I know map_npc.def overrides everything (except when map pack is installed) but just FYI the map_New_Trismus_npc.def is the only "city" map npc.def file that is different. New Trismus is using Version 2, but all other city maps uses Version 1. So might want to update that, just to keep it the same across the board as well.

Missing .png
Add the missing .png files to texture folders listed in /resources/interface/maps/map_machines.def
You only have 2/26 of the markers (map_marker_utility_anvil.png and map_marker_utility_cook.png) currently in the textures folder, but missing the other 24 markers (map_marker_utility_castbox.png, map_marker_utility_cauldron.png, etc). As of now, when I tick the Machines button, only the Anvil and Cooking table shows on map.

Also if you use Version 1, then map_marker_city_vault.png needs added for the Vaultkeeper (referenced as "NPC_Vault_Keeper")

Couple of days ago, it seems like you were using Version 2 on the map_npc.def file, but it changed to Version 1? Think that was backwards... Couple of days ago, I was seeing Red, Green and Blue markers for Trader, NPC_Trainer and NPC markers. I kind of liked that. Would have to see the pink marker to really decide

Version 1 is in these files:
/resources/interface/maps/NewTrismus/map_New_Trismus_npc.def
/resources/interface/maps/map_npc.def

Code:
MAP_IMAGE
{
	UI_WINDOWDEF Image
	{
		string Name = "NPC"
		string Image = "map_marker_blue.png"
		float H = 9.0
		float W = 9.0
	}
	UI_WINDOWDEF Image
	{
		string Name = "NPC_Trainer"
		string Image = "map_marker_red.png"
		float H = 9.0
		float W = 9.0
	}
	UI_WINDOWDEF Image
	{
		string Name = "NPC_Quest_Step"
		string Image = "map_marker_quest_step.png"
		float H = 9.0
		float W = 9.0
	}
	UI_WINDOWDEF Image
	{
		string Name = "NPC_Quest_Available"
		string Image = "map_marker_quest_available.png"
		float H = 9.0
		float W = 9.0
	}
	UI_WINDOWDEF Image
	{
		string Name = "NPC_Trader"
		string Image = "map_marker_pink.png"
		float H = 9.0
		float W = 9.0
	}
	UI_WINDOWDEF Image
	{
		string Name = "NPC_Vault_Keeper"
		string Image = "map_marker_city_vault.png"
		float H = 16.0
		float W = 16.0
	}
}

Version 2 is in these files:
This is in all other /resources/interface/maps/*_npc.def (except NewTrismus) shows this:

Code:
MAP_IMAGE
{
	UI_WINDOWDEF Image
	{
		string Name = "NPC"
		string Image = "map_marker_blue.png"
		float H = 9.0
		float W = 9.0
	}
	UI_WINDOWDEF Image
	{
		string Name = "NPC_Trainer"
		string Image = "map_marker_green.png"
		float H = 9.0
		float W = 9.0
	}
	UI_WINDOWDEF Image
	{
		string Name = "NPC_Quest_Step"
		string Image = "map_marker_quest_step.png"
		float H = 9.0
		float W = 9.0
	}
	UI_WINDOWDEF Image
	{
		string Name = "NPC_Quest_Available"
		string Image = "map_marker_quest_available.png"
		float H = 9.0
		float W = 9.0
	}
	UI_WINDOWDEF Image
	{
		string Name = "NPC_Trader"
		string Image = "map_marker_red.png"
		float H = 9.0
		float W = 9.0
	}
}

I know this blight patch isn't really official yet and you guys are still testing, but just pointing stuff out for next patch before you forget and get on next patch

These observations are based on a fresh install of Blight (no map pack installed), files rescanned as of the time of this post.