Thread: storage

Question storage

Hi,I wonder if it is possible to have storage silos like the confectioner storage silos for the Alchemist as like confectioner there are a lot of resources needed in the making of potions ect

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: storage

What I think they should do with the Storage silo's is make them 'craft school' selectable.
    So you select Confectioner on the building tab and activate (like you do for machines already) and you can store conf stuff.
    choose tinker and you can store tinker stuffs,
    Alchemist for Alch stuffs,
    ect, you get the idea.

Once you get to the higher craft levels most things need multiple items to craft so having selectable silos seems a way to solve the storage problems without having to design new buildings?

Just an idea but I think it could be do'able without 'much' of a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    What I think they should do with the Storage silo's is make them 'craft school' selectable.
    So you select Confectioner on the building tab and activate (like you do for machines already) and you can store conf stuff.
    choose tinker and you can store tinker stuffs,
    Alchemist for Alch stuffs,
    ect, you get the idea.

Once you get to the higher craft levels most things need multiple items to craft so having selectable silos seems a way to solve the storage problems without having to design new buildings?

Just an idea but I think it could be do'able without 'much' of a problem?
    I think that's a great idea!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

I don't think it would be 'overpowered' either as you'd still use the single slot silo's to hold much more of a single item.

I think this is a really great idea Sindala!I can't see why making the silo's 'craft school' selectable would not be do'able,seems like a really simple solution for what I feel is a big problem for crafters.Would be nice if they took note of your suggestion and acted on it

Seems to me that specifying a school just makes it more complicated. The simple solution would be just to allow the tinkering and alchemy parts to be stored in the storehouse.
    Dee
    IGN: Deelighted, Deeclaw, Deelusion, Deestiny, Deemure, Deecree, Deeno
    Brains & Brawn Guild

But then what about the other schools at T5, takes 4 parts to make a scroll. Every schools has multiple part items when you get to T5.
    And as we know you cant show love to one school without the rest complaining

I honestly doubt if there is any way to change the storehouse item limitations on the fly. Though how hard or easy it would be to implement, I clearly have no idea. Just something I think we need to keep in mind before saying "oh it should be easy".

In theory I like the idea, but it sounds like it would be much easier to simply allow storehouses to hold all resources?

On a related note, many of the resources that are required at the higher levels, are made from either stone, metal or essence, so isn't it almost as easy to just keep silos of those and then turn them into eg. Tinker components as you need them, rather than keeping thousands of unused tinker pieces?

I think this might be part of the reasoning that storehouses exist, since confectioner needs so many different ingredients, while most other schools only require a few different raw resources... Just my 2 cents PS. I'm not GMC, so I don't have full knowledge of all craft schools, so please excuse my lack of understanding in particular regarding alchy and conf.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Thread Information