Thread: Alchemist Potions need non-alchemist skills to make?

Threaded View

Default Alchemist Potions need non-alchemist skills to make?

So, the title says it all. Apparently, in order to make most of the (imo) useful potions like thickened skin, soothing remedy and (I think) armor boost, you need to make purified essence orbs. Ok, that's fine… Where do I get them and how? Well after some digging I found out that it's an ENCHANTING FORMULA.

I have to multi-class in enchanter in order to make like four or more of my ALCHEMIST potions? Umm, does anyone else see the hypocrisy in that? Basically, I'll be forced to level enchanter at the same time as alchemist in order to make the most useful potions. Which is something I don't want to do as crafting is more a secondary goal for me. I like alchemist, I like the process, but now that I can't make anything except for some dyes and harvesting potions, I don't think I'll be playing it.

Unless of course this is all a misunderstanding and there is some type of alchemical formula to make purified essence orbs?

If not, please change it. It's incredibly stupid that there would be a class that can't make it's own stuff without being forced to multi-class. I'm not building a house, I'm brewing a potion. You'd think being an alchemist I'd know how to do that.

-Q
    Last edited by Velea; March 21st, 2014 at 01:30 PM.

Thread Information