Thread: ESO Hiatus

Default ESO Hiatus

I have NOT left Istaria.

I have NOT sold my plots/lair in Valley of Repose

I still HAVE 5 accounts...

BUT

I am going to be gone for some time now as I immerse myself in the Elder Scrolls Online which starts this Sunday morning (3/30) at 7am EST (3am for me >>> HEHEHEHEHE! >>> NEED CAFFEINE!!!)
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: ESO Hiatus

You'll be back. I've had over a year of playing ESO so far and it has no legs. Very fast to hit 50 then nothing to do but wait or do dailies.
    The bugs that are still in game from the last beta to launch will cause rollbacks too, I got fed up of reporting an XP and Gold exploit I found that never got fixed.
    Lol and god help us once the console crew land since the UI is designed for them anyway and PvP is dire on a PC unless you fork out for an expensive razor naga mouse.

It's pretty but as many devs have un-officially said....it's about a year off from launch right now.

Not to worry thou, we here don't judge and will welcome you back with open arms when you return.

Quote... "You'll be back..."

Never said I was leaving...just...on a vacation of sorts.

As for supposedly hitting 50 and nothing to do - don't see it that way at all. While I only had a chance to play the last two betas, I found the environment rich and very engaging. Probably spent a third of my time exploring, half of it crafting, and the rest doing the quests. Starter zones alone there were a couple dozen quests and after making it to the first zone could see dozens more waiting to be taken up.

Mastering craft skills isn't going to be a cakewalk either - for one's ability to craft the very best is inextricably linked to one's level. Yes, one goes to level 50, but then there is the 50+ (Believe that's VR1-5) which one earns while doing the quests thru one of the other two alliance zones - all content enhanced for your current level and not that which someone who started out in that zone. Then you've got 50++ (VR6-10) which is when you get access to the third alliance zone and get to do all their quests - and that which is required to obtain the highest grade of crafting materials.

I didn't get far in either beta, level 10, for lack of better words, adventure; and between level 5 and 7 (30 for provisioner, think confectioner) for the many craft schools. Lots of gathering, but it never had the feel of 'grinding' - hours sped past and I looked up and was like - WOW - I've been playing for that long? No, it can't be - I've got so much more I want to try out!

I can even see where I will probably delve into PvP for the first time - definitely some benefits to venturing into Cyrodiil, the PvP zone. And the nice thing I see here is that unlike many other MMOs (WoW comes to mind here) - the very best gear is made by crafters. Yes, one can pick up some awesome gear from boss mobs and veteran dungeons - but it can't become the very best gear until it's been improved by a crafter.

I'm also not expecting a perfect launch - I can remember Horizons when I bought the box off the shelf, realized it was an MMO after opening the box and it was a major mess even a month after launch. But even if it's not nearly as much as I used to, here I am 10 years later still playing the game - this despite after ten years I can't play Istaria for more than a few hours without needing a relog (or forced into one via a crash) and during the beta of ESO, managed to go an entire day, about 14 hours straight, without crashing once or needing a relog.

I have much time invested in Istaria, so I'm not leaving any time soon. But that said, there are a lot of things drawing me towards ESO to give it a fair chance - it deserves no less of a chance that the 10 years (so far) I've given Istaria aka Horizons.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist

Also, if anyone is playing and want to group up for quests or what not...

Aaelefein, a Breton Templar in the Daggerfall Covenant who will focus on Blacksmithing, Woodworking, and Enchanting.
    Spirit Brothers

Thread Information