Thread: A "Re-vamp" for the Lunus Rite of Passage?

Hybrid View

Default Re: A "Re-vamp" for the Lunus Rite of Passage?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowseer View Post
    But the Lunus rites are shorter than the Helian ones, and Selli is much harder than Shadow Dragon. Wouldn't it make sense to make them more equal in difficulty? [...] As for lore, Lunus are supposed to be fighters, honestly.
    That's my issue with the rites as-is, the 'scholarly' Helians have more challenging fights to go through than the 'warrior' Lunus. Yes I realize that a person's build is not restricted to the faction they join but lore-wise it makes no sense! With my ancient I can easily have an alt on auto-follow through the whole Lunus Rites and only switch to that character when something needs to be crafted or looted. The Helian rites are a teensy bit harder and require at least one other ancient to go after Seli but other than that, fairly easy as well as long as you're prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    I think they should be harder..i mean really. Takes me 4 hours on a prepared dragon to do the rites on either one, but slightly quicker at lunus. Probably beacuse helian has more running. IMO - both need ramping up. Maybe not quite to the old standards because population is too low for that, but ramped up either way.
    Case and point: Finished my alt Araxes' Lunus rites in just a few short hours last night.
    It's not a challenge, not even for new players going through the rites for the first time if they have anyone capable of soloing the bosses (which is pretty much every player with one school to 80).
    Last edited by Machaeon; April 21st, 2014 at 11:01 PM.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Default Re: A "Re-vamp" for the Lunus Rite of Passage?

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    That's my issue with the rites as-is, the 'scholarly' Helians have more challenging fights to go through than the 'warrior' Lunus. Yes I realize that a person's build is not restricted to the faction they join but lore-wise it makes no sense!
    Lore wise the only difference between the two factions is their view towards bipeds, with a slight tendency for Lunus to lean melee, and Helian to lean magic. The concept that a Helian is less of a fighter than a Lunus is just an arbitrary assumption (especially given that it was a Helian that created gold strike). A Lunus may potentially be seen as more hot-headed and willing to blindly run into a fight, but that doesn't make a Lunus more of a fighter, simply one who fights differently. One could even argue that a Helian, being one who's more likely to plan ahead and strategize, is ultimately a better fighter. Another way to put it: The average Lunus would make a better grunt, while the average Helian would make a better officer.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Thread Information