Thread: Yet Another thread from a returning player (Order)

Default Yet Another thread from a returning player (Order)

Sorry for yet another thread from a returning player. I couldn't locate my old forum log-in so I made another. I started playing at release and have left and returned a few times since then. I played mostly dragon (had a max ancient 100/100/100) who is now deleted along with my plot and all of my resources.

Anyhow I'm on my human now and I have some seemingly random questions.

I have several 100 crafting professions, and I recall being able to use fully teched padded ironsilk, but since I don't have a max adventurer I don't have the armor use requirements met, is this a newer change or am I remembering wrong?

I planned to go 100 Warrior, 100 Cleric, 36 Mage, 100 Spiritist, 100 Reaver and have the Reaver be my main, does this still make sense or have things changed drastically from what I recall? Should I incorporate anything else to round this out more? I intended to eventually do Spearman 44 for the shield bonus. My goal was primarily melee with spell/debuff support using 1HC and a shield.

I currently have 60 Warrior, 67 Cleric, 36 Mage, 27 Berserker. Presumably I should drop the Berserker as I don't recall why I picked up Zerker.

When crafting teched items, the display window no longer shows level, and skill use. Is this a known bug or do we no longer get to see this info? I made a new teched revit III for my warrior but could not see the life use or level minimum when making it.

I'm missing several jman forms, I tried farming ghosts and pygmy's that were on the bottom end of the T3 range, but they never dropped any forms. Tons of hoard items, but no forms. Is there a better way of acquiring old jman forms not sold by trainers (e.g. improved revit, spirit ward). I recall all humanoid types always dropped lots of forms, that appears to have changed.

Are the big group hunts still the best way to earn experience. Currently I'm hunting level 80-90 Treants, and the experience isn't bad, but I recall flying through levels when we did the old eastern deadlands parties, (Still have like 300 blight bindings) has exp gain changed, and is there a better way to do this? I haven't seen any real hunts or requests for members going out. (I'm on Order).

Lastly are there any tips for a returning player anyone has to offer, good places to hunt, a new quest that offers a useful item, etc.

Thanks

Default Re: Yet Another thread from a returning player (Order)

I can't answer the biped class-related questions, but I can give a little help with the crafting window and the jman forms.

Crafting window bug: I believe its a known issue (seen it reported a couple of times on forums) that not everything shows up all the time in the display window. Happens with spells/items with long lists of requirements or text.

Jman forms: you need to be killing the upper-half of t3 undead/semi-intelligent mobs to get the drop-only lower-half jman forms. For the upper-half (based on skill requirement) jman forms that are drop-only, you need to hunt the upper-half of t4 mobs.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

Pretty sure you could only ever use cloth armour not padded off craft classes.

Teto is right that as max 100 crafter you are limited to cloth armour, padded ironsilk has always been out of reach for a crafter who does not have an adventure school to provide adequate armour use.

From your intended path with adventure schools it sounds like you want to be a tank with a bit of crowd control. Consider the Shaman school for access to the Nature and Blight skill lines, you'll have a good arsenal of roots/stuns/debuffs available to you.

Berserker offers you 20 health, 10 strength, 10 armour use and 10 evasion per level. Maybe that was why you picked it?

Cilok has given you great answers for your queries about the crafting window and how best to find journeyman formulas so I'll skip those!

I haven't seen much change to the experience gains for either solo or group hunting compared to 5 years ago. What I'm seeing is that players are going into Dralnok's Doom and staying there until they've got all their adventure schools to level 100. Part of the reason is to do with the rating of the mobs, and the ones people are using for levelling are typically around rating 120. Important when a player has many adventure schools and their adventure rating is having an impact on experience gains.

Short answer, large group hunts for experience gains are pretty much a thing of the past since someone can go into Doom and with a little bit of knowledge and consumables preparation can level up additional schools solo without much fear of dying. Groups are generally only put together for boss kills now.

Tips... Travel scrolls, shield scrolls, adamantium keys, you'll want a stock of these things. Tech kits - powerful tech kits are available as quest rewards. Explore everywhere for new quest content to obtain these kits. Socketing techniques can now be dragged/dropped onto socketable items to add the sockets instead of asking a crafter to include the sockets at creation. Make friends, be supportive of others and when the time comes that you need a hand they'll repay your kindness.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the information. With regard to this dungeon under Dalgarath, is this something I can access now, or I need to wait until I max out an adventuring class? Any recommendations of easier than average overworld mobs I should be going after if I can't get into the that area you referenced?

You can access Dralnok's Doom when you complete the required flags via quest starting in Aughendall.

You will need a current lvl 100 adventure school.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Kardgar View Post
    Sorry for yet another thread from a returning player. I couldn't locate my old forum log-in so I made another. I started playing at release and have left and returned a few times since then. I played mostly dragon (had a max ancient 100/100/100) who is now deleted along with my plot and all of my resources.
    If you want that toon/account back, you might try submitting a support ticket. It should be possible to get it back if you remember the email address or account name that toon was under.

I planned to go 100 Warrior, 100 Cleric, 36 Mage, 100 Spiritist, 100 Reaver and have the Reaver be my main, does this still make sense or have things changed drastically from what I recall? Should I incorporate anything else to round this out more? I intended to eventually do Spearman 44 for the shield bonus. My goal was primarily melee with spell/debuff support using 1HC and a shield.

I currently have 60 Warrior, 67 Cleric, 36 Mage, 27 Berserker. Presumably I should drop the Berserker as I don't recall why I picked up Zerker.
    Keep berserker. Zerk gets 11 2hs per level (from level 20 to 100) and is needed to max out 2hs skill. Since Reaver can be a good 2hs school, I would keep it around and eventually finish it, it will up your base 2hs from 1000 to 1080 (assuming you already have warrior to 100, also a good idea). Don't forget Monk and Healer. Monk will max out dexterity and evasion, healer will max out life and focus. You may also want to take conjuror up to 100, as it masters multicast II, and it is good to have higher flame/energy/ice skills for the higher flame/energy/ice attack spells. 100 Mage will max out power (and flame, needed for the t6 epic volcano spell).

Are the big group hunts still the best way to earn experience. Currently I'm hunting level 80-90 Treants, and the experience isn't bad, but I recall flying through levels when we did the old eastern deadlands parties, (Still have like 300 blight bindings) has exp gain changed, and is there a better way to do this? I haven't seen any real hunts or requests for members going out. (I'm on Order).
    If you could get a group together, the old hunting parties could still work, although the mobs in ED might be tougher than last time you visited. The elite blighted blighty blights have some nasty debuffs, so don't hunt those without a mastered dextox self (druid pretty sure) and cleanse III tech on everything that will take it (make a raise health V with cleanse III on it. 5 second recycle and all classes can use it, so at least a small minimal cleanse will always be readily available). While leveling druid, you could still hunt in ED at the fyakki's, keep cloak of thorns up. CoT is ablative now, drops off after so much dmg is dealt out. An alternative might be the new damage shield scrolls (made by Scholar), which work similarly in case a mob was pierce resistant.

Have some fun memories of those old ed hunting parties myself.

Thread Information