Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Live bugs: delta 259-261

Default Re: Live bugs: delta 259-261

Just logged in tonight for the first time since live was patched. There are now leaves falling in the top floor of my lair at Aiya, that never happened before. It looks like the foggy leaf falling effect has creeped down the mountain from what it was. Lair in question is at 29376/29052 on Order shard. *note the floor you end up on from the entrance is actually the second floor, top floor is through the t2 hall around the corner.

Edit to add: please push that fog back, it has destroyed my view of summoner's tower and can't see the sky now from the lair when on the ground.
    Last edited by Dracaena; August 23rd, 2014 at 06:24 AM.

Part of the live patch notes
    Weapon Tech Kit: Virulent Venom technique can now be properly applied to weapons and scales.
    Does this mean it can be applied to weapons and scales now, or it could be applied to one as a bug and is now fixed? If the former, which scale is it supposed to go on? Just tried and it didn't work.

Are you on Order? This may be related to an issue the tech team is looking into that is occurring on Order right now.
    Yep! Order.
    Further, you must have completed the quest connected to the particular emblem before it can be used.
    Again from the patch notes. For the Frozen Weapon tech kit, I haven't completed the quest yet. *grumbles* Haven't been able to find the questgiver either, so if anyone knows would be appreciated...But could be it applies to both the emblems and tech kits?

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    For the Frozen Weapon tech kit, I haven't completed the quest yet

wasn't it for level 100 tinkerers?
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    wasn't it for level 100 tinkerers?
    That's what I've been told, but I can't confirm it. I wandered around the Frozen Tower with my biped in lv100 tink, no quests.

I can. Its for lvl 100 tinkerers only.

More ingame
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Weapon Tech Kit: Virulent Venom is for Dragon Claw or Axes, Bows, Crossbows, Daggers, Spears or Swords. As per its description, it will conflict with any other technique that has "Applied Item" or "Augment" on it. Augment means it will conflict with techs such as Blight Weapon, Undead Slayer, Flaming and Frozen Weapon, Rune of Flame, etc. Applied Item means it will conflict with just about any other weapon tech kit.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    Just logged in tonight for the first time since live was patched. There are now leaves falling in the top floor of my lair at Aiya, that never happened before. It looks like the foggy leaf falling effect has creeped down the mountain from what it was. Lair in question is at 29376/29052 on Order shard. *note the floor you end up on from the entrance is actually the second floor, top floor is through the t2 hall around the corner.

Edit to add: please push that fog back, it has destroyed my view of summoner's tower and can't see the sky now from the lair when on the ground.
    After spending some time in the lair today I realized it is worse than I first thought. The fog and leaves go all the way to the bottom floor of the lair if you wait for things to load fully. Never before saw day/night cycle affect lair lighting but it does now. Here is a screen shot of what the lair looks like at night on the bottom floor, I even managed to catch a leaf visible in the water fall. Night blind in my own lair, who'd a thought?

DEV: This environment region has been fixed and will be patched shortly
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Yfelvik; August 27th, 2014 at 11:32 AM.

@Dracena - The "fog" in the game is controlled by the Maximum View Distance (Options, Video). Make sure the bar is all the way to right. I can see Summoner Tower just fine from Aiya. As a temporary solution for being "night blind", you can disable the day/night (type /setpref environmentSystem false in chat bar - true to re-enable; you need to restart game too). The con for this is you no longer see the sun and moon, but the ground looks bright and sunny all the time). I personally play with it turned off because I don't care for the darkness outside too much, I want to see any bandits on the road ahead of me I'm fairly certain disabling will also cause the leaves to stop falling too.

Or another idea is to type /st 9000 18000 (or make hotkey with this text command). It will make it daytime instantly. Not a fix I know, but something to get you by for now.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I just got told that "You can buy Lore Seeker, Nemisis of the Myloc and Storm Master without them completed"

As emblems should only be buyable when you finished the quest I think it's a bug.

Same goes for the Ice Weapon Tech. It seems like anyone could get it.

I'm sorry to say, but better to disable the possibilities for this things and remove non-legal owned techs and emblems. Bug using is not fair to those other players playing fair
    Last edited by Pharaxes; August 24th, 2014 at 04:54 PM.
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    I just got told that "You can buy Lore Seeker, Nemisis of the Myloc and Storm Master without them completed"

As emblems should only be buyable when you finished the quest I think it's a bug.

Same goes for the Ice Weapon Tech. It seems like anyone could get it.

I'm sorry to say, but better to disable the possibilities for this things and remove non-legal owned techs and emblems. Bug using is not fair to those other players playing fair
    You can buy them, but not use them, unless you completed the required quest to get them the first time. I tested this on emblems so far, but not the techs.

Storm Master on my dragon says "useable: yes". So I assume I also can use it. Furthermore I have seen myself a hatchie having the title "Master xyz of the Storm" which can't be possible as much as I know

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    @Dracena - The "fog" in the game is controlled by the Maximum View Distance (Options, Video). Make sure the bar is all the way to right. I can see Summoner Tower just fine from Aiya. As a temporary solution for being "night blind", you can disable the day/night (type /setpref environmentSystem false in chat bar - true to re-enable; you need to restart game too). The con for this is you no longer see the sun and moon, but the ground looks bright and sunny all the time). I personally play with it turned off because I don't care for the darkness outside too much, I want to see any bandits on the road ahead of me I'm fairly certain disabling will also cause the leaves to stop falling too.

Or another idea is to type /st 9000 18000 (or make hotkey with this text command). It will make it daytime instantly. Not a fix I know, but something to get you by for now.
    Cegaiel I think you misunderstood what I meant by 'fog'. I am not speaking of the fog you normally see depending on the distance setting.

This is an environmental effect that was put in at the top of the Falathien mountain that has now creeped down futher than it used to be. It looks green with falling leaves not as extreme as the blight storm fog, perhaps pea soup would be a more accurate name. It also plays the jungle music like you hear around Sslanis. So I am not thrilled with a darkened green tinted lair, it looks horrible. It appears to also affect other nearby lairs but on Order those are unowned so can't wander in to take a look. Standing at the doorway I find leaves and jungle music at both lairs in Falathien and the upper lair at Elia.

I would never turn off the beautiful Istaria night sky, though when I think about it I didn't notice the moon yesterday...

I did find another weird thing with this patch. My named lairs lost their names, property owners had 'Home Sweet Home' listed on the character window. My unnamed lair aquired the name 'David's Testing' that I have no clue how that happened, I sure didn't do it.

The counter in the quest Earn Title: The Angler only shows 2 digits, rolling over whenever the fish caught goes over 99. this makes it hard to see how much progress has been made, since the full amount needed is 10,000.

Chaos server.

Socketed tools are retaining the bonus values when crystals are removed - I've observed this with a few different tools now but noticed it in particular with a mithril carpentry hammer and a shimmer carpenter's cog. When I removed the crystal the bonus remained on the tool and my current skill values changed when the tool was unequipped then re-equipped. I was unable to put the shimmering carpenter's cog back in the carpentry hammer until I relogged, the message received stated "Shimmering Carpenter's Cog can not be installed; benefits are not allowed to stack". This makes sense given the client thought the tool still had the bonus on it from before even though the cog had been removed.

Edit: This may be happening with socketed weapons too, which suggests that it may be possible to stack multiple benefits.

OOT:
    So I am not thrilled with a darkened green tinted lair, it looks horrible.
    You'll win the contest for the scariest lair on next Fall Festival?

IT:
    the vanishing name of the lair happened to me as well. Will check to day if it occurs again. I set the name of my lair several days ago anew

Last edited by Yfelvik; August 27th, 2014 at 11:37 AM.

I've summarized the tech issues that have been reported and placed status below. I'll try to keep this list updated as devs continue tech fixes (I'll be testing / working on reproducing any issues reported).

Server Fixes:
    - FIX: Hot fixed 2014.08.25 Overburden calculation
    - FIX: Dev feedback message "Strange Trade"

Client Fixes:
    - FIX: 386.52 LIVE /sne was not working.
    - FIX: 386.52 LIVE Crafting animations error
    - FIX: 386.52 LIVE Crash fixes when porting
    - FIX: 386.53 LIVE Prevent error msg for missing LOOKUP_RESOURCE_TOOL as this is not an error but use of equipped tool
    - FIX: 386.53 LIVE Entering into chat window %p% crashes client
    - FIX: ASSET LIVE Problems fishing
    - FIX: 386.53 LIVE Unable to activate structures
    - FIX: 386.54 BLIGHT Quest status counter truncated on large quests
    - FIX: 386.55 BLIGHT Casting bars not showing
    - FIX: 386.55 BLIGHT Names loaded from local files are slow and show up as Unnamed Entity
    - FIX: 386.56 DEV TESTING Techniques and names not applying correctly

Reproduced Issues / Fix Pending:
    - Socketed tools are retaining the bonus values when crystals are removed

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael View Post
    We are regularly seeing the string <missing> in the game in various places...
    If you see a string with <missing> then it means it needs to be updated in the client lookups. A support ticket is the best way to let the dev team know about any missing lookups.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; August 30th, 2014 at 05:56 AM.

Cegaiel I think you misunderstood what I meant by 'fog'. I am not speaking of the fog you normally see depending on the distance setting.

This is an environmental effect that was put in at the top of the Falathien mountain that has now creeped down futher than it used to be. It looks green with falling leaves not as extreme as the blight storm fog, perhaps pea soup would be a more accurate name. It also plays the jungle music like you hear around Sslanis. So I am not thrilled with a darkened green tinted lair, it looks horrible. It appears to also affect other nearby lairs but on Order those are unowned so can't wander in to take a look. Standing at the doorway I find leaves and jungle music at both lairs in Falathien and the upper lair at Elia.

I would never turn off the beautiful Istaria night sky, though when I think about it I didn't notice the moon yesterday...

I did find another weird thing with this patch. My named lairs lost their names, property owners had 'Home Sweet Home' listed on the character window. My unnamed lair aquired the name 'David's Testing' that I have no clue how that happened, I sure didn't do it.
    I understand now I think; I figured out from clues, but can't fix it on my own, I'm not a dev... But if a dev is willing to try to tackle it, then I think I have a solution (or notes that might help).

I suspect some of the coordinates in array "string coords" array is what needs to be adjusted for you. I'm not sure how that works.

But I'm assuming your plot is the lair at 29427,28957 (dead south view to Tower of Summoning)?
    If so, then I notice while sitting outside of your lair entrance, I see green tint (blight, jungle music, can't see Tower of Summoning). If I fly up a tad, then the blighted effect goes away (No fog, I can see Tower of Summoning).
    So while sitting at lair entrance, I see the green blight effect, defined in /resources/definitions/regions/region_light_forest.def file. We want "region_default.def" to be displaying while sitting at the lair entrance (and below in Z).

Looking at my world cache folder, I think sector_4986.def is this area, and particulary this section applies to your lair:

Code:
    	ENTITY_INSTANCE environment_region
    	{
    		int id = 26300795
    		int ownerID = 4986
    		int version = 4

string name = "(null)"

vector pos = 29606.006, 29488.424, 0.000
    		vector rot = 0.000, 0.000, 0.000
    		vector scale = 1.000, 1.000, 1.000
    		vector localrotation = 0.000, 0.000, 0.000

int primitiveID = 14138

string coords = "0|10|2924606|2957900|2959200|2968025|2985018|2963637|3003750| 2961612|3005606|2953512|2987381|2934443|2990081|2903562|2968987|2890737|2934731|2895631|2920556| 2924656"
    		int loadCategory = 2
    		int priority = 1
    		string regionDef = "region_light_forest.def"
    // If I change ABOVE LINE to "region_default.def" then it fixes the described issue (standing in front of lair at 29422,28957 - No more blight effects)
    //Changing this will allow you to see Summoner Tower, remove green tint, etc.
    		float regionHeight = 40.00
    		int plotID = 16
    	}

When I change string regionDef = "region_light_forest.def" to string regionDef = "region_default.def" then the green blighted effect goes away (while sitting at lair entrance).
    So this proves this is the correct section that would need to be updated by Devs to fix. This section is quite far away from the blighted building at 297/293 so not sure why it is defined to produce blight effect so far away (so near to the lair entrance at 294/290). The distance from blighted building and this lair is really far away. The blighted fog doesn't need to go this far down in height.

How To reproduce (on Chaos):
    Sit at lair entrance at 29425,28950 (Settlement: Falathien) and relax...
    You will see blight environment effect.
    Edit with notepad this file: /world_cache/sector_4986.def
    Search "int id = 26300795"
    Now change string regionDef = "region_light_forest.def" TO string regionDef = "region_default.def".
    Restart game and now this blight is gone, while sitting at lair entrance.

Deleting this primitiveID could be a solution, but think it has to do with devs adjusting some of the numbers in the array (or maybe the float regionHeight integer)?. But these changes, (at least on my local copy) fixes blight effects at this lair.

----------
    Thanks for the updates (previous post), Yfelvik
    Last edited by Yfelvik; August 27th, 2014 at 11:30 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by eighty View Post
    The counter in the quest Earn Title: The Angler only shows 2 digits, rolling over whenever the fish caught goes over 99. this makes it hard to see how much progress has been made, since the full amount needed is 10,000.

Chaos server.
    Same issue with the Earn Title: A Reel Fisherman quest. Someone else can check the rest of Ted's title quests. :P

Quote Originally Posted by eighty View Post
    Same issue with the Earn Title: A Reel Fisherman quest. Someone else can check the rest of Ted's title quests. :P
    It's the same problem for all of Ted's title quests, and any other quests that track counters with 4 digits or more. the amount of room in the quest log interface given over to a counter tally is the perfect size for 3 digits (i.e. 150/200) but 4 digits or more results in truncation (i.e. player has gathered 2050 units out of 5000, the counter shows 050/5000. I'll have a look later and see if it's possible to fix this by modifying the UI for the quest log.

DEV: A fix for this has been released for testing
    Last edited by Yfelvik; August 28th, 2014 at 01:07 PM.

And, fyi, just because the value is truncated does not mean that the server is not tracking the actual quantity.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information