Thread: Game Issues

Threaded View

Default Game Issues

You have to ask yourself what is this game missing. why does it seem players will not stick around.
    Why do people mine ore or chop trees in most games. why do they want to do so?

Well i have played many many many mmo's over the last 14 years

The major factor that has people doing a skill is because the skill has a goal behind it.
    This game becomes really unpolished when you get noting for your work like mining or logging. the main starting point of doing a craft.
    A person is not entertained with the aspect of leveling a skill. but to wait for their pack to be filled to mill the logs to planks for the xp.

No value in being a logger or miner if there is no xp in these skills. what i have seen is games that have these skills as there own base of leveling up have become vary popular MMO's

Headache factor of the game. class changing. run to this city to change your class or that city. no xp for that skill because your a gather. need to drop what your doing to change a class. people would rather play a game with less of the headache. i know many people that play now would not like this to change. but then that many is just a few to the amount of people that would play this as it may be.

this game has many many gfx errors and bugs. and so many crashes when going city to city porting. These crashes alone and to many makes you want to say screw it. the hardest aspect to adapt to in the game is the combat speed. your asking people that have been given Speed by other mmo' to sit and wait for something to die. combat system is vary vary slow. it be better off as a turn base system. not live combat.

logging in the game with no char made. a major flaw. at first i was about to quit the game because i figure it would not load the screen to even make a char. i logged in to early. and without an char even made. Most games have a login and then your in game and select a char. to most new mmo players they be lost to this system.

ambient sound will drive you nuts in this game. endless looping. even with all sound off. i had to make a mod to kill all the ambient sounds. most would not even know how to do that.

as i said before. people will be ageist something. but then these are just a few that can cripple the game with the bad logic.
    what scares me the most of this game is playing it. so few players and not knowing when it will be shut down. last 6 months alone i have seen 3 games shutdown that were old games and ran for many years. life of this game seems as it is costing more to keep up online then it is worth keeping the server's open.

what i would like to see is when you use a tool you have changed your class to that job. all xp is divided by the skills that gain xp from the tool. or a gauge you can adjust to were you want the xp. like mining you can put 50/50 to mining and blacksmithing.

my history of a game i played.
    I started this one game back in late 2000. and it had 1 server with 103 players online. the game was java base and the gfx where great for its time. each skill had its own leveling up system. game had major flaws tho. no banking system and limited gold stacking to 65k (many mule accounts...) well the game was not easy to level up in any skill. and the first skill to ever be maxed to 99 was logging by a player that took over 2 years. well at first it was hard to keep players around. because the vet players did not want to see any changes. but the dev started to ignore what the vets wanted and everything in the game changed. and you know this game today has over 200+ servers and up to 60m accounts made. with 120k players online at high peek hours. you can now level that logging skill to 99 in a month or less. As a vet of that game it took me over 11 years to get to lvl 200 combat as it now takes most up to 3 months. what they found out was boring a person do death with the game. they most-likely not stick with it. making the game more enjoyable faster pace and they will stick around longer then the first 2 weeks. less likely to have turnovers of player signups.
    Last edited by imperialxs; September 15th, 2014 at 07:47 AM.

Thread Information