Thread: Plz Help - No Monsters to complete my quests - Where are the frost Pygmies???

Default Plz Help - No Monsters to complete my quests - Where are the frost Pygmies???

Hello Everyone, I'm a 25 Dragon and I'm currently working on my quests and have had some major problems. Mainly, there are no freaking mobs to kill. Currently I am working on my Instant Heal quest given out by Frall the Healing Trainer in Chiconis where I'm supposed to kill 20 frost Pygmies on Scorpion Island but guess what? There aren't any. I spent all day yesterday from 9:00 in the morning till 10:00 at night hunting them to complete my quest and I only found 4 of them. I went to where they're showed on Pekka's newest map pack and found two right off, great, I waited around for a couple of hours, no more frost pygmies, I spent the rest of the day dodging Frost and Ice Ogres which are way higher lv than me which of course there are plenty of and searched the whole ice swept mountain for more frost pygmies and finally found two more both in different locations, same deal there, waited around for hours no more spawns. What's going on?? I know they just implemented a new spawn code but this is ridiculous. I had similar problems with the small Ruxus but if you're patient and stick around for about 30 min. then they spawn and there's enough for one person to kill, not for a group though. Please can someone tell me if there's any other frost pygmies anywhere else? I'd really like to finish this quest before I'm lv. 30 and starting on my next one which I won't be able to do since I didn't do this one. The Dev's either need to change the spawning rules or change the quest so that I can complete it. It's not too hard to do. They really need to talk to the people who developed Anarchy Online. That game has the best spawning I've ever seen. Some of the mobs are instant spawns so as soon as they're dead, they respawn and the others are on about a 2-3 min. respawn timer. I really like this game, at least up until the shard merger and want to stick with it for good. I don't want to switch games again. Please fix this or someone help so I'm not forced to find a game that actually has monsters to kill in order tofinish important quests. Thank You.

Craw Lv. 25 ADV. / Lv. 20 Crafter Dragon
    Chaos Shard.

Default Re: Plz Help - No Monsters to complete my quests - Where are the frost Pygmies???

hi kin greeting

iam only from ice but accordng to the mappack

there are 3 sites of them at scorpions island and at least 2 sites on abandoned island
    i hope you can get a big party for the hunt they have mostly company inform of ogres

greeting dunkel
    dunkel_ice helian 100 100 5,5 mio hoard
    dunkelzahnjr helian 80 42 280 k
    Hrdunkelzahn helian 80 41 280 k
    now all adult

Telpeloci

Default Re: Plz Help - No Monsters to complete my quests - Where are the frost Pygmies???

I also had some problems with that quest. What I would recommend is waiting until you're strong enough to take frost ogres without issue to finish it. The reason you're not able to find frost pygmies is, from what I've seen, because they also share spawns with frost/snow ogres, and frost beetles. So the map markers may have the correct locations marked for frost pygmies, but unless you kill off the ogres and beetles as well, you won't ever see them. Sounded like an easy quest when I took it, but it took me several days since I could barely take out frost ogres at the time. Hope I've been able to help. Good luck with the quest!

Well, finished my quest easily. There are plenty of Frost Pygmies on the abondoned Isle. And I do mean plenty. I grouped with slightly higher lv. person who was down killing like 8 monsters at a time so I just sat back and threw bolts at them and finished the quest in about 4 minutes. There were so many Frost Pygmies, it was ridiculous. Much better than the Scorpion Isle.
    To get to Abandoned Isle, if you're not yet attuned to the portal, go to Scorpion Isle and take the portal way up on the NW Corner I believe, this should get you there. Abondoned Isle is a great place for crafting too, they have almost everything all on one island including Pale essence and that Essence Machine thingy is right by them too. Great place, a bit hard to get onto the Mt. sometimes due to Patrolling Ogres. Hope this helps anyone.
    [O] [au] [pi] [:P] [S]

Thread Information