Thread: 386.67 Test Client

Default 386.67 Test Client

The developers have put together another test client 386.67. The developers have identified a particular crash that occurs on some player's systems, and this update provide more information about what is happening, and works around a large number of potential crash states.

Please download the special client below and submit crash logs if a crash occurs.
    https://virtrium.box.com/s/joey2rnpfymkc3lp2wsc

Just download and place the new istaria.exe in your game play folder. If you get the crash occasionally and have logs enabled, please send in your logs. The logs will have special debug prints that identify problems before the crash occurs. If you don't get the crash, but are usually certain it would crash, please also send in your logs. The logs will have information about how the crash was prevented.
    https://support.istaria.com/index.ph...ode=view&id=28

This client is the same as 386.60 but has two new features:
    - auto equip tool when gathering
    - changes to right click menu (shows more) and double click behaviour

Thank you to all of those who are able to test this new client.

Yfelvik
    - Istaria Technical Support
    Last edited by Yfelvik; October 16th, 2014 at 07:30 AM.

Default Re: 386.67 Test Client

I'm still testing to see how crashing goes (if it does), but can I just say a huge, hearty "Thank you" and "I love you" for the auto-equip feature? Because Imma say it.

Thank you. I love you.

See? Thar it is. Seriously, that's a quality-of-life improvement that I've been waiting too long for, it's wonderful to see it!

The crashing will likely still be there to an extent, but I agree with the "QOL" improvements. I no longer need a hotkey bar just for dragon tool buffs and can use it instead for combat. Thanks!
    Jstntron (Chaos): Ancient, Grand Master Dragon Crafter
    Woobie (Chaos): Saris, 41 Adventure/216 Crafter
    Vulkanos Firefiend (Order): Hatchling, 20/11

Arg, this update is horrible to someone crafting!

Issues:
    My backspace key (currently bound to "Gather") attempts to right click only. If I click a resource AND if I leave my mouse perfectly hovering the resource, then backspace will do a right click and bring up "Gather Unspun Silk from Silk Plant". If I hit backspace key while accidentally hovering a hotkey, then it brings up the right click menu of said hotkey.

The /gather command also does the same thing.

If I type /gather in chatbar and press enter, the node becomes unselected. If I type /gather in chat bar, but leave my mouse cursor above the chat window, then it brings up the right click menu (Clear History, Browse Player channels, etc) or if I type /gather while my mouse is hover a hotkey, it brings up the right click menu.

This hotkey no longer works either. I used to run up to a node and click this button to start harvesting:
    Text Command: /snr
    Action: Gather

Now it attempts to right click the hotkey I'm clicking, instead of gathering.

I hope we are not going to be force to click a menu on every single resource now, this is just insane! I foolishly didn't make a backup of the previous test client. Afraid, I'm not going to test this anymore. I have too many levels to go on this silk. Afraid I will have to revert back to 386.60.00 immediately so I can harvest my thousands of silk plants without this menu thing in my way.

At the very least, please make it so we can continue gathering with the backspace key, normally.

P.S. I am happy to report that since the previous test client, I don't hardly ever crash anymore. Once every 3-4 days, instead of 3-4 times a day. Bravo!
    Last edited by Cegaiel; October 17th, 2014 at 03:28 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

P.S.S. I missed the notes about the auto equip tool.. Just installed it again, to test that feature. I have to say, that is very slick. So many times, I leave my tool equipped from when I process my resources at a machine and have to use a hotbar key to equip my harvest knife (or whatever tool I need) to go back to harvesting again. The fact that it switches tool to the correct one is very nifty. I like that! I can free up almost an entire hotkey bar of tools.

If we can fix that /gather thing, we'll be all set

Ok, I have found situations where the gathering works just fine. Ore and wisp/residue is an example where gathering works perfectly.

I tried ore (Bronze and Iron), Flax (Flax and Silk), Trees (Cedar), Wisps (Dim), apricot trees, lettuce, tomatoes.

Gathering is broke (as I mentioned in my original post) on flax and trees (so far). But NOT the other resources I've listed above. Those actually work flawlessly, as intended. I do not get the right click bug with those type of resources. My correct tool equips, I turn to the node and harvest it, no problems. My backspace key harvests the node just fine. /gather works just fine. My hotkey to gather, works just fine.

Certain nodes, like flax/silk, etc and trees bring up multiple options, when you right click the node.

Example. Flax/Silk says "Gather Unspun Silk (or Flax) from Silk Plant" But it says it twice for some strange reason. It says the exact same thing two times.

Another Example is trees. A tree brings up three multiple options when you right click the tree. Gather Sap, Gather Bark, Gather Wood". That breaks the /gather function.

So it seems, when you right click a node. If there is more than one option on the menu, then /gather is broken. But if the node only has one option (when you right click) then all is well.

But I love the new feature!!! Just fix that /gather bug and I'll do a cartwheel on Youtube.

---------

Stay tuned for more. I'm testing the inscription thing, per Guaran and his Post here with the new client. So far, I made a T1 spell and Iron Chainmail Boots and Iron Chainmail Boots with T1 Speed tech. So far, the Inscription label keeps saying "Inscription disabled because item is stackable."

Two things so far, why can't I inscribe the boots? Since when are boots or spells stackable?

Secondly, when I teched the Iron Chainmail Boots with teched T1 Speed, it consumed my orbs and my jawbone comp. But my boots did not show it was teched. I just got some plain boots, unteched in inventory.

Got to make a run, will remake a few more teched gear to see in a little bit... Will post more soon, if relevent.

After logging off a while, I repeated my previous test. I created: Iron Chainmail Boots with Speed Tech I tech. The boots appears in my inventory with no speed tech. Jawbone and Dim Orbs again got consumed correctly, but no teched boots. I tried another experiment, similar (T2 Item with T1 tech). This time I tried Iron Chainmail Bracer with Statistic: Focus I tech. This item came out just fine. It reads as "Iron Chainmail Bracer of Focus". But my boots didn't come out teched "Iron Chainmail Boots".

Haven't tested all possible scenarios, but at least something wrong with the boots, but OK on bracer (when making T2 armor using T1 tech). So an issue with that at least.

Also, the issue with the Inscriptions. Spells and Armor, when you right click them, Customize, the Inscription shows "Inscription disabled because item is stackable.". Can't edit that even though it's not a stackable item. Can't make it far enough to see if the Inscriptions remain after you put on connie or stick in player storage (plot storage), since I can't even edit it, to see.

Sorry for so many posts... But want to toss out one last observation (This should be my last post regarding this). When I use regular game client 386.60.00: When I right click a Silk Plant, it shows only one option on the menu "Gather Resources from Silk Plant". When I use the latest test client, it shows this option twice, ie

New Test Client shows this in Right Click menu:
    Gather Resources from Silk Plant

Current Client shows this in Right Click menu:

Two, instead of one.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; October 17th, 2014 at 08:10 AM.

Kida

I love this update! Being able to double-click and right-click for a lot of my gathering makes things very simple. I prefer it to setting up tons of hotkeys or crazy text commands for everything. However, as it is with new features, I've run into some issues. They were likely mentioned by Cega up above, but I figured I'd add my own accounts in as well.

First: Lots of commands are listed twice upon right-clicking. Such as when you go to gather flax. More nitpicking than anything there.

Second: It would seem that double-clicking corpses to loot them runs the loot command twice, as chat shows me as looting items and then saying the corpse has no loot for me afterward.

Third: Selecting some resources (like the flax mentioned before) and trying to hit the gather button (not my preferred method, but sometimes I default to it) makes me right-click the gather button.

Fourth: This was a specific instance when on my dragon. I was gathering Copper and Tin and visited the Smelter to refine. Using the "Equip best tool" button worked, I smelted, and then went back to gathering with auto-equip working just fine for Mining. On my second visit, the "Equip best tool" button didn't work, and I ended up having to put my Smelting ability back onto my hotkey bar to smelt my ores. I switched to sandstone shortly after, and found that double-clicking the node would not auto-equip my Quarrying skill. After setting up a hotkey to continue for that one, I went to refine, and the "Equip best tool" button worked there the first time. Quarrying still wouldn't equip on my next visit to the nodes, and then even my Stoneworking ability refused to equip through the crafting window after I was done with that round. I ended up just putting the four main skills I was using at the time back on a hotkey bar, since auto-equip seemed to be failing me so often. I believe it will work again after relogging, but I'd rather not have to relog each time I run into this issue.

I really like the fact that you guys implemented this feature! Thank you again for doing so! I just hope all the kinks can be ironed out soon.

I didn't know "Equip best tool" works with dragons. Because they have to use an ability, not an actual item.

Not that this would bother me as my hotkey for Metal bars is set to first use the ability Smelting and then show the Metal bar selection screen
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    I didn't know "Equip best tool" works with dragons. Because they have to use an ability, not an actual item.

Not that this would bother me as my hotkey for Metal bars is set to first use the ability Smelting and then show the Metal bar selection screen
    It does as of this client, they now treat the dragon buffs as "tools" per-se in that they can be "equipped" (called) when needed.

Okies, got tired of crashing today, tried to use the special client link but got an error message that the file is no longer there.

Not sure how to submit the files to support, as only one file can be attached at a time and I think there's a filesize limit.

client_action_log_12-06-14_12_25_23.txt is 5,199 KB
    client_chat_log_12-06-14_12_19_14.txt is only 89 KB
    client_debug_log_12-06-14_12_19_14.txt is 8,689 KB

Not sure if you need the others, but dpvs log is 2 KB, net log is 18,927 KB, sound log is 21,270 KB.
    Are those filesizes normal?

Yesterday I got debug logs of 40,557 KB and 51,195 KB, crashed out yesterday too.

I'd post a ticket but I'm getting an error message from the link on the main community.istaria.com page even though the web address looks right. Is my timing just off while you do background maintenance or something?
    Last edited by awdz; December 6th, 2014 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Okies, got tired of crashing today, tried to use the special client link but got an error message that the file is no longer there.

Not sure how to submit the files to support, as only one file can be attached at a time and I think there's a filesize limit.

client_action_log_12-06-14_12_25_23.txt is 5,199 KB
    client_chat_log_12-06-14_12_19_14.txt is only 89 KB
    client_debug_log_12-06-14_12_19_14.txt is 8,689 KB

Not sure if you need the others, but dpvs log is 2 KB, net log is 18,927 KB, sound log is 21,270 KB.
    Are those filesizes normal?

Yesterday I got debug logs of 40,557 KB and 51,195 KB, crashed out yesterday too.

I'd post a ticket but I'm getting an error message from the link on the main community.istaria.com page even though the web address looks right. Is my timing just off while you do background maintenance or something?
    If you're trying to send in crash logs, put them all into a folder, zip it, and send in the zipped archive. support.istaria.com is the site you want to visit to submit tickets to support.

As for the experimental client, try this link. They have updated the test client since this post, but have given the link to the latest one in a support ticket to me when resolving my issues with teleporting enemies. I have not had any issues with this latest one, aside from the auto-equip not always working, usually with specific nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidakins View Post
    If you're trying to send in crash logs, put them all into a folder, zip it, and send in the zipped archive. support.istaria.com is the site you want to visit to submit tickets to support.

As for the experimental client, try this link. They have updated the test client since this post, but have given the link to the latest one in a support ticket to me when resolving my issues with teleporting enemies. I have not had any issues with this latest one, aside from the auto-equip not always working, usually with specific nodes.
    Thank you for the reply, Kidakins. Please note that I am still getting the error message when I try to access https://support.istaria.com/ whether via Google or by the link on the http://community.istaria.com, so even if zipping did reduce the filesize enough, I cannot submit it that way.
    This page can’t be displayed

• Make sure the web address https://support.istaria.com is correct.
    • Look for the page with your search engine.
    • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

Also, while the link is probably an excellent option, I'm paranoid about clicking on links to sites I do not recognize (once burned, twice shy). I need confirmation from a dev before I try it.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Also, while the link is probably an excellent option, I'm paranoid about clicking on links to sites I do not recognize (once burned, twice shy). I need confirmation from a dev before I try it.
    While I'm not a dev I can confirm the link leads to an Istaria site. It's also accessed by the 'support' button on the top right of the main Istaria page - http://istaria.com/ . Most browsers will show you a link's URL at the bottom of your screen when hovering over any button on a website, so you should see the 'support.istaria.com' pop up somewhere. Unless that's only Google Chrome, but I honestly doubt it. (Haven't used other browsers for years though)

Hi Awdz,

I'm not a mod, but I assure you that the link is safe. Virtrium seems to be moving some of their downloads to Amazon cloud services. The client version in the link is 386.69, which is the latest test client compiled on November 20th. I've been using it for several weeks with zero issues.

Try pinging and run a tracert to the server and see if it connects. I wonder if its a DNS issue. Open up a Command Prompt. Press the Windows Key + R to bring up the Run box. Type CMD in it. It will open a black box.

Type the two commands in bold below:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\MIKE>ping support.istaria.com

Pinging support.istaria.com [68.142.64.216] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 68.142.64.216: bytes=32 time=85ms TTL=118
    Reply from 68.142.64.216: bytes=32 time=86ms TTL=118
    Reply from 68.142.64.216: bytes=32 time=91ms TTL=118
    Reply from 68.142.64.216: bytes=32 time=87ms TTL=118

Ping statistics for 68.142.64.216:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 85ms, Maximum = 91ms, Average = 87ms

C:\Users\MIKE>tracert support.istaria.com

Tracing route to support.istaria.com [68.142.64.216]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 43 ms 12 ms 18 ms cpe-74-135-96-1.swo.res.rr.com [74.135.96.1]
    3 13 ms 28 ms 15 ms CPE-69-23-8-209.new.res.rr.com [69.23.8.209]
    4 15 ms 14 ms 15 ms 24.33.161.164
    5 14 ms 15 ms 15 ms 65.29.1.34
    6 28 ms 25 ms 31 ms bu-ether15.atlngamq47w-bcr01.tbone.rr.com [107.14.19.36]
    7 22 ms 24 ms 41 ms 107.14.17.147
    8 30 ms 44 ms 40 ms 107.14.18.162
    9 46 ms 50 ms 46 ms tge30-4.fr4.dal.llnw.net [69.28.171.241]
    10 76 ms 75 ms 76 ms tge1-2.fr4.phx2.llnw.net [69.28.172.89]
    11 92 ms 76 ms 88 ms tge11-1.fr3.phx3.llnw.net [69.28.172.218]
    12 89 ms 88 ms 85 ms az.us.istaria.com [68.142.64.216]

Trace complete.

If you get any timeouts, then that can point to a problem. If you have anything to share, you can copy/paste from the black box (Right click the black box, Select All). Once all selected, Right click the menu bar at top, Choose Edit, Copy. Then Ctrl+V (or right click Paste).

Your tracert report will look different than mine since I'm sure we don't live in the same city. But it simply shows you the path it is taking from you to the server. But the last few lines near the destination server would be the same.

Edit: Also if its a DNS issue, you can repeat the above commands by substituting the IP#. ie ping 68.142.64.216 and see if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; December 8th, 2014 at 01:05 AM.

Thread Information