Thread: Using Show Products in Knowledge Book...

Default Using Show Products in Knowledge Book...

As title says when using show products in the knowledge book and you have more then one form that can make the same final end product say as an example Kenaf Spool (Beginner fabric spool form and Beginner fabric transmutation form can both make Kenaf Spools) it only shows you one of the two choices, which may not be what you want.

Not sure but looks like it shows you the higher form only either in tier or alphabetical order.

Am I making sense? Nor if it can even be feasible to have it show the highest tier of all forms that can make the same product.
    Last edited by Smaug; December 31st, 2015 at 01:50 PM.

Default Re: Using Show Products in Knowledge Book...

another possible problem using show products. Say you have both Expert and Master forms for cut gems. if using show products and have the expert filter checked no gems will show in list, even though you do have the expert cut gem form scribed.

seems even if you don't have master or any tier checked just looking for show product many things are missing until you uncheck show products and then its shows expert spool ormaster spool. you have to click on that and then select what you wanted even if its kenaf or flaxen. really annoying.

Lillyjo, chaos server

PS: if you have select product it takes forever and doesn't show lots of items like keystones or shards or gems something weird is going on.

you might try deleting the lower tier forms for things you also have in a higher tier. That should reduce the total number of search results and make the lists more manageable.

So if you have say beginner fabric spool, journeyman fabric spool, expert fabric spool and master fabric spool, you can delete the first 3 and just keep the master.

Be careful deleting beginner forms, as there are many formulas that only exist in beginner:

Satyr Island resource processing forms: Algedian, Corvian, Dahibian, Elnathian
    Just about all Confectioner forms making food or intermediate ingredients - almost none of these are in any of the other tiers
    Beginner Animal Hide Processing
    Aughundell Textile Wear
    Beginner Blighted formulas for armor, scales, weapons
    Clay Mug
    Common Clothes
    Beginner Dairy Products (only one that makes Sweet Milk)
    Dark Forest Wear
    Dragon RoP formulas such as Adult Dragon Statue, Helian Phylactory, Hardened Silver Talons among others.
    Elm Reed
    Glass Bottles
    Glass Nodules
    Glass Nodule Fabricator
    Glass Vials
    Hunter's Retribution
    Kiruu Athame Formula
    Mahagra Mountain Wear
    Beginner Milled Cooking Ingredients (This makes the old 'Flour" which is different than "Wheat Flour". Ambrosia needs the old 'Flour')
    New Rachival Work Wear
    Beginner Sand
    Silver Whistle
    Snowball
    Burning sky
    Cure Zymosis
    Sslanis Jungle Wear
    Tazoon Common Wear
    Beginner Teas
    Withered Bane
    Draak Academy Portal Key Formula
    Focused Radiant Azulyte Crystal
    Beginner Wooden Reeds
    Bottle Cap Collecting
    Farmer Holcomb Portable Scroll Tote
    Gnomekindle Holiday Clothing
    Killians Wolf Muffins
    Skalkaar Dragon Claw
    Jaunty Cap
    Boom!
    Stone of Seeking
    Special Fabric Spool
    Special Pants
    Spirit Oil
    The old Tutorial forms
    Wolf Hide Blade

Journeyman has some that are unique as well:
    Anti-Lycanthropy Salve
    Journeyman Confectioner foods and intermediate ingredients
    Journeyman Animal Hide Processing
    Journeyman Blighted armor, claws (Blighted Gem Tipped), scales, weapons
    Feladan Fashion Wear
    Journeyman Gem-Tipped Dragon Claws (makes the tiers that are not included in the Expert Lesser Gem Tipped Dragon Claws form)
    Kion Dress Wear
    Kirasanct Weave Wear
    Journeyman Silk Fabricator
    Group Cure Poison
    Lycanthropy Ward Salve

Cleaning up the rest might help.

I did notice some odd behavior when trying to use the search function or when clicking the create button.
    Searching then clicking create doesn't necessarily open the formula you just searched for, but instead opens whatever the last formula you actually clicked on.

It seems to work best when you de-select any tiers like beginner etc (some forms do not sort under any tier, selecting any tier hides them), then click show products (if not already selected), then begin typing in the search window, and finally hitting the search icon to the left of the create icon.

After typing a name in the search window, it would be intuitive if the "Create" button then opened for formula making that item. The Create button is just to the right of the search field. The search button is there too, but it's a tiny magnifying glass icon, that's easy to overlook. To improve this, I would recommend changing the magnifying glass icon into the word "Search", and slightly modify the
    "Create" buttons' function to first do a search, if text happens to be in the search field already. So that it both searches and then opens the located formula. If multiple formulas are found in the search performed by the create button, open the highest tier formula found.
    Last edited by Guaran; December 31st, 2015 at 07:39 PM.

I am having the same problem with the Knowledge Book also. This happened when the Dec. 22nd update was applied. In order to get the metal bar or stone brick forms to show I have to uncheck the 'show products' box and then click master metal bars which opens a box so i can select which tier. I have always used 'show products' ever since i started playing Istaria (Horizons) and never had this happen before.
    The Dev Team is looking into this and may find the answer soon.
    This is not a big deal for me so I will just uncheck the box when creating them.

cheers

In the example of the first post, Beginner Fabric Spool and Beginner Transmuation, I can see why you'd want Kenaf Spool to show for both, since they are made with different resources.

In the examples of Expert Cut Gem and Master Cut Gem OR Expert Metal Bar and Master Metal Bar:
    Wouldn't most people delete their Expert forms when they have the Master? Why would you keep both Forms scribed, taking up space?

After you acquire hundreds of forms, I would think you'd want the list more tidy and not show redundant listings.

For example, this screenshot, I only have two forms scribed (left image), Expert/Metal Metal Bar

Middle Image shows what happens when I click Show Products. Only shows the Master metal products.

Right image shows how it used to be. It seems to me that's unnecessary to show the same thing twice, it makes the list grow much longer. This is only two formulas, what if I had Expert/Master scribed for dozens of other things, can you imagine how long that list would be?

We want it to work how players like it, but I'm having a difficulty seeing the reason why you'd want the list to be triple sized when the product you want could just be displayed by the Master form?

Click image to open in new webpage, if you can't see it clearly:
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

The reason I don't delete lower forms is the simple reason there are alot of forms that higher tiers don't have the lower tiers on them and looking back and forth to double/triple check (i am super cautious not wanting to delete something I shouldn't of) is tedious so I don't.

I only delete when book gets full and I need to delete some to make room for new one(s). I've never seen a list like Guaran posted above.

Perhaps if when you scribe the next tier form, it would automatically delete the previous form? So scribing the journeyman metal bar form would delete the beginner metal bar form and unique formulas wouldn't be affected. Obvious exception would be with the confectioner forms since they say beginner/journeyman/expert/master but are each unique.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Auto-deleting could be a can of worms though. I don't think that's needed.

Most players will not hit the formula limit anyway.

And the issue Smaug brought up is actually a glitch in the show products,search parts of the page. Turns out it wasn't connected to the formulas or to anything duplicated. I opened a ticket and devs could recreate it. It's being worked on.

Thread Information