I have been evaluating a program by Dracillion @ Chaos. I have tested to make sure it is virus free, does not communicate to the internet nor contain any malicious content. It's legit!

It's called Inventory Parser and now hosted on IstariaReference.com's Mirror folder - Download here

Basically the program will parse your Equipped Armor, Vault and Inventory (including bags (pouches), pets, cargo disk inventory, etc as well) and write it to a .txt file, in a neat format.

Format of .txt report: shard_Character_TimeStamp.txt (will be written to same folder that program is executed from).

There are two options in the program, Parse Inventory and Parse All.

Parse Inventory will parse what was described above.
Parse All will do the same, but also list all of your scribed Formulas, Techniqes, Spells and also your Quests.

Here are two sample reports.

Parse Inventory Report

Parse ALL Report

Included in the zip file is readme.txt which will include some very basic instructions as well as prerequisites to run the program.

Prerequisites are Microsoft.Net Framework 4.5 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86)

Most will have this installed already. The readme.txt file will show you how to verify if you have it and give links to the Official Microsoft.com website to download, if you dont have.

Why am I posting this thread instead of the author? Well, a few reasons. First, I have permission to do so. I think it can be handy in certain situations. I have thoroughly tested it. Most would be leary to download a program from just anyone/anywhere (for good reason obviously). To help eliminate any fears, I am personally endorsing this. For those that know me, I would never steer you wrong or take unnecessary risks. Lastly, I think its pretty slick and can think of many uses for the reports.

Few not so obvious things the report can be used for:

1) Have you ever had an item go poof, you look high and low and swear its just gone. Even going so far as to put a ticket in? Well, before you do that, run the report. Then Ctrl+F on the .txt file in Notepad. Now you will know for sure its really gone and not just mysteriously got placed in a bag or sitting on your pet.

2) I keep track of my scribed formulas and techs using the Tracker tool on IstariaReference.com . I'm pretty good about marking them. So when I go to search formulas on there, I can see on the fly if I have it already or not. After acquiring hundreds of forms and techs, some can get missed. With this report I can reverify I have all the checkboxes ticked (Scribed/Vault) on the site.

3) Got tons of tools, armor or weapons and trying to figure out where a certain crystal is? If you note, the report will also show any crystals that are still socketed in your pieces (equipped or not equipped).

4) Maybe share the report with a friend. That way they can see what all forms and techs you have scribed and can see if you can make something for them.

5) You've been fighting for several days without dumping your inventory. How painful or annoying is it to post/link 20+ techs, forms in game chat? Now your friends or guildies can quickly see what you got without spamming the channel.

This is just a handful of not so obvious things this tool can be handy for. I'm sure you might think of others

Happy Parsing!