Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 263 and 264 Discussion

Default Blight Delta 263 and 264 Discussion

A change of bossmob hunts and loot system was necessary and is most welcome.
    Thank you devs for listening and hard work.
    As far as I can see atm, I like what I see.
    Its very good for non-vet players- and a reason for vets to hunt our bosses again.

I do not care if I need new forms instead the ones I already have.
    Comparatively a low price for more excitement.

Does lesser means weaker?
    Why make that difference? Is it the tier?
    Do lesser drop other things than greater?
    Do not quite understand that.
    Am I the only one who says that Daknor and Faffnir and Gruck are as hard as SoG and Reklar are?
    Thy for explaining
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: Blight Delta 263-discussion

The dividing line between Lesser and Greater was simply which ones had specific items that you had to acquire to complete their items. Which put Valkor, Reklar, Shaloth, and SoG as Greater and the others are Lesser.

Do lesser drop other things than greater

No, they don't. They drop less than the Greater.

Am I the only one who says that Daknor and Faffnir and Gruck are as hard as SoG and Reklar are?

Generally speaking, from reviewing posts here on the forums over the years, it seems like Reklar and SoG at the very least tended to be more difficult than the others. Perhaps Shaloth as well.

I think it would be fair to say that there should be a difficulty dividing line between them. I'm open to suggestions about how to achieve that.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Some suggestions since they probably belong in the discussion thread:

One thought on the ethereal leech effect on the Blood Talon: If a group of dragons are all hunting something, it would be better if say the effect could stack on the target. Say 1 stack for each 2 tiers the mob is. So a level 120 mob could have up to 3 stacks of ethereal leech (only stacks from 3 different sources, such as multiple blood talons, and/or biped cast spells. Not 3 stacks from the same player). Something to think about. As it is, the effect will just overwrite someone else's as it lands, if a group of players all wear it. So the healing will actually be cut short. This stacking effect could be applied to all in-game dots, including those the WA use on the Gifted.

For a soloing claw I think it is much improved. Can the delay be set to match the standard crafted claw? (27 vs 29) For the Blood Talon and the Demon Claw? Actually, since the delay on claws goes down, the higher the tier, a delay of 26 for both the Demon Claw and Blood Talon would fit best. T5 crafted claw delay is 27.

Can the Axe's dot be made AOE again? This is how it originally was, and the axe was a good weapon and desired. The non-aoe version of the effect isn't enough to give the Demon Axe "epic-ness".

Can the Bloodthorn Staff effect be made AOE as well? Just Like Valkor's vampire bats? Now that the effect is showing up after the .def file was updated, this is only healing for 25% of the damage done, and is listed as "Attacker effect" does this mean the effect will land on the player? Or the effect is triggered on incoming attacks to the player? Can we learn what the %chance is on this effect? If the healing remains at 25%, I hope the chance to go off is significant. More than the 2 or 3% chance of the old effect.

Valkor's Vampiric Bats:
    Heals for 100% of the Damage done
    Deals 350-650 (Ethereal) damage
    Duration: 0:24
    Cannot be dispelled
    Frequency 0:06

Bloodthorn Staff new effect:
    25% of damage done given to attacker
    Deals 175-325 (Ethereal) damage
    Duration: 0:24
    Cannot be dispelled
    Frequency 0:06

Frowny face! Does half the damage, heals for 1/4th the damage, so effectively 1/8th as powerful as Valkor's version in healing, half as powerful in damage on a single target. Plus it's not AOE.

Will try this on blight soon, see If I can get some numbers.

Suggestions would be: leave effect stats as is but make it AOE. Or, keep it non-aoe, increase the healing done to 50% or 100%. Can leave the damage values as is.

But the Vampire Bats should be something to be feared. Things to keep in mind when comparing this Staff effect to Valkors' Bats:
    Valkor can directly cast his bats, he can Multicast them, and they are AOE.
    Staff Bats can not be directly cast, therefore no perfect spelling, no multicasting, and they are not AOE either. Severly less-capable bats just due to those reasons alone. Depending on the %chance, even the damage may need to be put back on par with Valkor's version. I would be in favor of keeping the half damage if the %chance was 10%. Healing would have to see, but since it is single target, isn't going to hurt to increase this.

Will update once I get a test partner on Blight, we can try this in the arena.

EDIT: Did some brief testing with the staff. The bats land on the player. And both hurt and healed me:
    The mobs took no damage from the bats.

[12/13/14 14:01:28] You hit yourself for 243 damage .
    [12/13/14 14:01:29] You healed yourself for 60 health.

[12/13/14 14:01:34] You healed yourself for 70 health.
    [12/13/14 14:01:34] You hit yourself for 281 damage .

[12/13/14 14:01:40] You healed yourself for 66 health.
    [12/13/14 14:01:40] You hit yourself for 267 damage .

[12/13/14 14:01:42] You have been killed.

The healing amounts seem pretty low too...
    Last edited by Guaran; December 13th, 2014 at 07:04 PM.

Use this thread to discuss Delta 264 also. You can read the notes here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...264-(Upcoming)

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Galewind now has a 3.5 Post-Delay (down from 5.5), has a 5m AoE radius, and costs a small amount of hoard.
    Is the 5m AoE for this target based (i.e Galewind still has a range) or is it centered from the caster?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Is the 5m AoE for this target based (i.e Galewind still has a range) or is it centered from the caster?
    Target based. Galewind still has an initial range.

PLease,oh please,if its possible apply bat animation to staff when the buff turns on!!! that would be amazing

Looks pretty good.
    Did a fix for stand against darkness make it in?
    Last edited by Guaran; December 25th, 2014 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Looks pretty good.
    Did a fix for stand against darkness make it in?
    No, because it isn't a content issue. Its potentially a server problem that the technical team has to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    PLease,oh please,if its possible apply bat animation to staff when the buff turns on!!! that would be amazing
    The animation is there.
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

264 is now on blight.

Would like to ask that, in addition to regular stuff you do on Blight, please PLEASE check out New Trismus and let us know of any bugs, comments, feedback, suggestions, etc for making it great. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    264 is now on blight.

Would like to ask that, in addition to regular stuff you do on Blight, please PLEASE check out New Trismus and let us know of any bugs, comments, feedback, suggestions, etc for making it great. Thanks!
    Im so curious I will check it out at leats out of curiousity :P:P

Omen of the Rift- 20c
    Symbol of the Rift - 2c
    I don't know if different vaue for different tokens is intended

New kits missing names and descriptions.
    Last edited by Tilithia; January 22nd, 2015 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    Omen of the Rift- 20c
    Symbol of the Rift - 2c
    I don't know if different vaue for different tokens is intended

New kits missing names and descriptions.
    Yes, different values are intended. I let the network admin know about the lookups. Thanks.

Just a few things I found when taking a pre-existing character through New Trismus:

1) Assistant of Wit is still in NT, instead of Kion with all the other Assessors/Assistants.

2) The new road heading West from the copper&tin fields (has Tiny Grass Beetles, turns North towards the camp with Braekhis) does not provide a road bonus to your speed.

3) Quest Issues
    a) Valor and Vigilance: Defend New Trismus (from Steward Pratt) is able to be accepted again by my dragon I had previously copied over, however it does not generate any dialogue and does not appear in the quest log.
    b) The Ruined Homestead (from Braekhis) is able to be accepted by my dragon, but again does not generate any dialogue and does not appear in the quest log.
    c) Jeremiah Trueheart's Request (from Trophy Hunter) can be repeatedly started and turned in, although it did not appear to give any rewards upon subsequent turn-ins.

That was just from the point of view of an established character. I intend to create a biped and dragon test character later to run though the NT quests to check for any other errors.

I believe all these were fixed or will be with the next delta.
    Last edited by Velea; January 30th, 2015 at 02:05 PM.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    264 is now on blight.

The floor in the stone-walled in area previously with all the biped trainers seems to bug out and flicker when you are moving (Bottom area in this picture).

Also when selecting portals and shrines that have descriptive text, if your selection window is too small, the text overflows out of the selection window until it's resized. Maybe a tiny scrollbar would fix that?

edit: although not 100% related to this patch, my launcher seems to crash and needs to be force-closed after patching, whether it's to blight or to order. Every time it opens after being force-closed, it tells me it needs to be updated with a new version. Yet, the version stays at 4.9

Cannot seem to replicate the first reported bug.

Others are client things, not content related.
    Last edited by Velea; January 30th, 2015 at 02:06 PM.

Tested the bloodstaff. Seems to go off less often, but when it finally did the Bats his the mob and I got a heal Since its really rare going off, no chance to test the aoe portion yet, will need more time.

Default Re: Blight Delta 263 and 264 Discussion

New character on spirit isle, tried blacksmith and outfitter. Tool equipped, cannot gather ore or flax. Nothing happens no matter how you try.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Default Re: Blight Delta 263 and 264 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Marynah View Post
    New character on spirit isle, tried blacksmith and outfitter. Tool equipped, cannot gather ore or flax. Nothing happens no matter how you try.
    I've noticed this with the new dragon I created. Currently trying a full system check while clearing world cache to see if it fixes. A previously-made character said he could gather fine on his dragon, so it might be something with new characters.
    -Edit- Still unable to gather from resource nodes after full scan and clearing world cache -end Edit-

While I'm here, the final Dragon Adventurer quest on Skalkaar still points to Consigner Milicent in NT. Milicent is no longer in NT, but Kion. This direction needs updating to a new NPC that is still in NT.
    -Edit-
    The blue pop-up about the consigner and pawnbroker still appears when you walk near where they used to be on NT.

2 points in 1 last edit:

1) The quest (Hourly) City Under Siege is able to be accepted, but no dialogue proceeds and the quest does not appear in the quest log. The Valor and Vigilance I reported previously also cannot be started by a new character, it accepts, but does not proceed with dialogue or show in the quest log.

2) Due to the inability to gather, I was unable to complete the Skalkaar crafting quests. My test character (altCilok BroadwingTest- yeah, not original but was only way I could quickly get a name accepted) is a 7/3 hatchling and is unable to accept any quests from the NT dragon trainers (Avariatus or Kerian).

EDIT: I believe all these issues are either fixed or are going on the "Known Issues" list.
    Last edited by Velea; January 23rd, 2015 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Update to indicate fixed
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

Thread Information