Thread: RE : Attune to Account. NOT character.

Default RE : Attune to Account. NOT character.

There are many instances where it would most definitely ease many problems and general niggles IF some 'ATTUNED ' items could be changed from the single character they are currently stuck to, and amended to an 'Attuned to Account' status.

There would be, I'm sure, many items which should remain with the current character which were either looted, quested or crafted and equipped for that specific toon.

.. but I can think of a few examples where a harmless change to 'Attuned to Account' would bring a great deal of player relief and satisfaction, and not conflict with the original need for restriction in the first place.

Attunement
    is necessary of course with some items - high end items, epic equips, weaps etc, but other items like our craft pets, low level crystals [especially ones not now in-game], and I'm sure many other examples I wouldn't be aware of, could be changed to attachment to the account and not just the toon to which it is currently attuned.

I'm sure many would like to change the ownership of some pets and some items that have now been attuned which weren't previously, and which are attached to characters not suited to their use.

I of course also realise there are so many attuned items, and that it would be a very long job to go through them all .. maybe players could list below items they would like to submit for consideration, and devs can make a case by case decision.

I can give two personal examples of what I mean to start it off ..

1. 'Spider Pets' - currently attached to a Dragon before players were aware it didn't fly, and before the release into the game of the Goliath Beetle, which obviously is more suited for flying and Dragons.

2. 'Scout's Spirit Weapon Crystal' - currently attached to a toon who will never use a Bow or be a Scout again .. would love to change to another toon who will be my ranger. I believe this quested item is not now ingame, which makes an 'attunement to account' extremely desirable.

Hoping some thought can be given to this when possible.
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Default Re: RE : Attune to Account. NOT character.

Regarding Loyalty Items, we're working on a solution that involves being able to return them to the vendor. This would resolve the first issue.

The second I respectfully disagree with. The crystal is obtained from a Scout quest. Just because at a later point you changed schools does not invalidate the fact that at the time you did the quest you were a scout. Therefore, the item should be attuned to your character.

I do not disagree that an "Attune to Account" feature might be useful for certain specific cases (though I cannot think of any off-hand). However, I am unsure of the technical requirements of said feature or if it would be worthwhile to request of the tech team.

Thanks for taking the time to submit your suggestions and for playing Istaria!
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lio View Post
    ...I'm sure many would like to change the ownership of some pets and some items that have now been attuned which weren't previously, and which are attached to characters not suited to their use.

1. 'Spider Pets' - currently attached to a Dragon before players were aware it didn't fly, and before the release into the game of the Goliath Beetle, which obviously is more suited for flying and Dragons.
    I can agree with this. Amon said they are working on something for these.

Quote Originally Posted by Lio View Post
    2. 'Scout's Spirit Weapon Crystal' - currently attached to a toon who will never use a Bow or be a Scout again .. would love to change to another toon who will be my ranger. I believe this quested item is not now ingame, which makes an 'attunement to account' extremely desirable..
    For this, why don't they just bring the quest back?

Quebec (Canada) // Ota'fakag, Trandalar (Order)

I wonder if it would work not only for pets but also items we crafted that tend to attune when we equip them (caused by techs)? Just normal ones, not epic items or special quest items such as RoP, etc. (As it is understandable why they are attuned)
    Order shard
    Levanan: Ancient Helian drake - 100/100/28 ~ Navkiren: Ancient Lunus drake ~ Nordis: Adult Helian dragoness ~ Sarwulf: Hatchling ~ Aithne: Hatchling
    DeviantArt: Iceveyns

So your saying that the developers are working on system where we can return the items we buy from the loyalty items vendor with our loyalty tokens and we would be alble to return the item as well as get a full refund of the tokens spent on that item?

As for attunement, what if we did something like when you attune an item to your character it attunes to your account as a non-tradable heirloom that only your characters on the account can trade between each other and equipt (like level 10 to 80 gear or equipment you have laying around from when your 1st character was new and then you chose to make another new character and take and give those level 10 to 80 items to that character, helping him with his quests.)

However this would require or should encourage us to add a shared vault (a vault that only your characters can access and drop things off and transfer between each other as well as add additional storage to the vault [meaning you have 2 vaults now, main one thats for your current online character only and a shared vault which is accessible by all your characters] This would help because then we wont have to dual log (having 2 of your characters online at the same time in the same area to transfer items between them) doesn't sound like a bad idea no?
    FerudaPurplePenDragon

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Regarding Loyalty Items, we're working on a solution that involves being able to return them to the vendor. This would resolve the first issue.
    This is a great step forward Amon thanks, though I'm hoping this means the TOKENS go back into the 'Deliverable' total so those tokens can be re-allocated to characters that need the correct pet etc .. if this is not the case, could further thought be given to this ..

The second I respectfully disagree with. The crystal is obtained from a Scout quest. Just because at a later point you changed schools does not invalidate the fact that at the time you did the quest you were a scout. Therefore, the item should be attuned to your character.
    I understand the thinking behind your comment here of course, but the point I think I'm really making is that when 'QUESTS' have been discontinued, why couldn't the rightfully attuned rewards received at the time of the quest, be amended to being attuned to the account at the point of quest removal .. allowing for that item to continue to be used by a role-playing toon of choice, which possibly might also earn the company more cash with toon account transferals to allow transfers of discontinued items etc etc ..

or .. just reinstate the quest as Guaran suggests, then this item's problem goes away yes ../grin

I do not disagree that an "Attune to Account" feature might be useful for certain specific cases (though I cannot think of any off-hand).
    Well yes, possibly the clarification above may assist in this regard .. I may be wrong, but DCoMs are not attuned are they ?, and so can be used even by other players .. its that kind of discontinued item that suits the 'attune to account' system, even though DCoM can even be more freely used should you be fortunate enough to have one.
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Thread Information