Thread: RP Hub?

It depends which server board I think is which.

Question RP Hub?

While waiting for Istaria's servers to patch and get back online, thought I'd throw this question out here - is NT going to stay the RP hub or are people going to move since it's not longer that 'small safe town' lore-wise? Personally I'd find it quite weird if people said their hatchlings are running around happily and playing while buildings are still smoldering around them and the undead are close enough to hit you with an arrow. xD

Do people still want to stay in NT or are there plans to go to places like underneath the tree near Bristugo (the one in my signature picture) or Dralk or something? :o

While I also hate to say this, I'm looking for serious answers, not 'RP isnt even in NT anyway these days, why ask' because it is there sometimes. ^^;
    Last edited by Racktor; February 10th, 2015 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Typos!

Default Re: RP Hub?

I would have figured it would probably move to Kion, where the new place is for hatchlings and that.

Can't really see it being Dralk as that's a bit high up on the tier and what about bipeds that do RP?
    Genevia might be also be an option.

I'm sure once everything is settled down so will those who sat at NT, either into the same spot or a new one.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I'd have thought Kion would make more sense since thats where the hatchlings will be going after NT....
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

With how little I go to Kion, it didn't really cross my mind, but it's a much better idea than what I threw up there! I said Dralk though because Dralk tends to have more public RP than any other towns I've come across. :P

I'm hoping the 'RP hub' moves to Chiconis/Dralk. They're the faction 'capitals' and yet you see so little (if any) RP there.

Also needs to be more RP around Feladan. *coughs at random bipeds*

theres a very good reason there isn't any rp in fel... cos its horrid!
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

I'm all for Dralk being the new RP hub. I would suggest Chiconis over Dralk, but with Chiconis being something that you have to attune to, it adds a bit of an element to contend with. Perhaps one of the settlements? There are some beautiful locations out there. We could possibly set up a vote for it? Find some great locations, take some screenshots or video, then give a rundown on each; posting a poll to help decide. It doesn't have to be limited either, we can bounce between locations, but a 'primary' location would be best to set up first due to the small population of RPers.

Kion is a decent place, but I'm not as fond of it as other locales. Not complaining by any means however! I want what the community wants and what works best for everyone
    Last edited by Starstilanxs; February 10th, 2015 at 08:58 PM.

Think a vote or poll to where most people intend to go to is a good idea.

the only thing I can think about Kion even tho I don't like the place much is that is where the new players will mostly be.

"

While I don't roleplay, I'd think Kion would be the next logical choice. I've always thought it was good when new players arrive in NT that they see a few of the RP players hanging around and doesn't look like such a lonely place in the world. I'm sure no one will be hanging out in NT since its burnt down. Kion would be the next stop for new players and seeing a small population of characters around would be a welcomed changed (after spending a few hours on NT, fairly isolated). They're going to have questions too. You know you like helping!

Since Millicent, the consigner has moved there, it will get a few visitors regardless.

Other benefits, is the town has a few npc's that will perform animations now. A change of pace. Off topic, but make sure you check out Officer Amonsu's (near Millicent) new Karate move and the Imperial Assesor of Endurances' drunken shenanigans
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Kion would probably work. Certainly lots of opportunity to shake the dust out of your scales.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

I honestly think Kion will be your guys best bet especially since that's where the new people go, and quite honestly that was the entire purpose behind NT in the first place being an RP hub... so that there were actual players available to help "NEW" people get into the game and see we were friendly people and good fun ot hang out with.

So... Honestly, the HUB should be where ever the newplayers get dumped.

quietly sobs at choice of beautiful and great locations but need attunements

Ugh, my only issue with kion is that god..it's so crowded! And tiny! If you go in town...you're squished if you're bigger than a hatchie! And out of town, it's all hills, there's no real "hub".
    But it is where the new players go so i'll have to start burning off the fat squish my butt together

Genevia i like a lil more since it's more open, but without any pull to it, it's not very effective. xD

I think Kion would probably be the best bet if that's where all the new players get funneled. Even though it'll get really crowded REALLY quick when more than an ancient or two is lazing around. And of course everyone will want to claim a rooftop to start their new roof-dent. *ponders if Gerix would be a comfortable seat*

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    Genevia i like a lil more since it's more open, but without any pull to it, it's not very effective. xD
    As for Genevia, it would be a bit odd to have my bind point be the place where all the people are at. XD
    Haven't had it that way since I was bound to the NT shrine regularly... but ehh I could see it happening... maybe...

To be honest though, I still might lurk around NT anyway sometimes.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Maybe we could bother the developers to spread out the buildings a bit more?

If I could edit my first post with a poll I could but going off what people write, Kion seems to be the general consensus anyway. :P I'll just have to figure out where my big but shall sitteth in Kion!

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Maybe we could bother the developers to spread out the buildings a bit more?

If I could edit my first post with a poll I could but going off what people write, Kion seems to be the general consensus anyway. :P I'll just have to figure out where my big but shall sitteth in Kion!
    By all means, if the developers are willing to work with us, I would be thrilled with Kion as a location for RP. I was thinking about it a bit today, considering why exactly I don't enjoy Kion and I think that plays a major part in my feelings towards it as a hub for Order. I think if the town seemed more.. spaced out and vibrant in some ways, it would be much, much more attractive not only to us RPers, but players in general.

Dunno...think I'd suggest staying in NT, but, just adjusting our RP to fit the new circumstances. NT is still where all of the hatchies are going to go from Skallar, and if I'm understanding the update, the same is true of bipeds coming from Spirit Isle. They'll be moving to Kion, but, not all that much earlier than before...the hatchie I built for Blight testing is at 11/9 and still has things to do at NT.

As has been pointed out, some of the "happy-happy-hatchie" RP would have to change a bit...then again, hatchies can - and, do - find play just about anywhere and under any circumstances.

Having said all of that, though, Kion probably makes more sense for the "family" RP, as it's certainly safer, as long as the "kids" don't go past the City Gates.

Tondargaet/Berdagauret

well there's the areas of kion near the bindstone which is open. There's also the sandy areas between the vault area and all the other major buildings so its not that crowded. It would only be crowed directly where the vault and that is. So plenty of space to sprawl around.

"

Just over an hour into playing the new patch there was once again RP in NT as if nothing was amiss XD

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

put the 2 small plots in Kion together and make it a world project:
    A nice garden, with maze, and all nice stuff we have- to give a good impression to new players about Istarias crafters and plotbuilders.
    A place to relax and come together- 2 empty plots are not much impressive
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    Just over an hour into playing the new patch there was once again RP in NT as if nothing was amiss XD
    *facepaw*

Lov, we'd have to have people actually willing to own the plots, though, for that. I don't have any bipeds able to build them and not sure how long my second sub would last to keep a plot on hand.

Thread Information