Thread: Playermade ideas for the game

Lightbulb Playermade ideas for the game

Well, hello

For a long time ideas are rolling in my head, which I think can make the game better. But this thread isn't only for my ideas, no. Everyone can post ideas here which they think, they're good.

Well, my ideas mostly concern the dragons. I think, it's a good idea to have more species for them. As NPC or player made dragons like Wyvern, eastern dragon and so on. More and new heads as well as decals and things, you can set when youre creating a new character. More wingstyles, larger or shorter wings, more or less wing fingers that you can choose the lenght of the body, tail, legs or tailtips and if the dragon have spikes, fins or not and so on. The new parts can be designed by the players during an competition and the winners get into the game. Or every style, the players submit get into the game.
    I also would wish for more classes, you can have. Not as much as the biped, but some more then the one adventure class.
    So players can play with the size of the dragon as well. So that very small dragons are more agile and faster but not so strong. Very big dragons are more powerfull and stronger, but not so agile.

Default Re: Playermade ideas for the game

Quote Originally Posted by Aoiki Ryuu View Post
    Well, hello

For a long time ideas are rolling in my head, which I think can make the game better. But this thread isn't only for my ideas, no. Everyone can post ideas here which they think, they're good.

Well, my ideas mostly concern the dragons. I think, it's a good idea to have more species for them. As NPC or player made dragons like Wyvern, eastern dragon and so on. More and new heads as well as decals and things, you can set when youre creating a new character. More wingstyles, larger or shorter wings, more or less wing fingers that you can choose the lenght of the body, tail, legs or tailtips and if the dragon have spikes, fins or not and so on. The new parts can be designed by the players during an competition and the winners get into the game. Or every style, the players submit get into the game.
    I also would wish for more classes, you can have. Not as much as the biped, but some more then the one adventure class.
    So players can play with the size of the dragon as well. So that very small dragons are more agile and faster but not so strong. Very big dragons are more powerfull and stronger, but not so agile.
    As for races of dragons, All dragons are children of Drulkar. and as such take his form and theres not alot of variation (heads decals and colours aside).

Also the Devs are toying with more classes for dragons but are meeting resistance of various levels from the dragon community as a whole (because it will involve changing current dragons)

The other problem you have is what you are suggesting will require remodelling of the dragon model and artwork.. both resources are very stretched at the best of times. So I doubt altering the dragon model is feasible. but hay we can wish right?
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Yeah, we can wish
    And that's what I wish
    We still can hope, they notice our ideas^^

Well, it's no surprise, that I absolutely love this game. So I got more ideas.
    Ich was talking about more colors for the dragons, so I thought of adding a colour wheel for any body part like scales, chestplates and decals would be good and so everyone would have so much more variety with creating dragons, so with more heads and maybe styles of wings too.
    I also think, the point of adding saddles for dragons was already dicussed, but it would be nice, to have them. So that only bipeds can craft saddles but dragons can wear it and need them in their inventory. So they got a yes/no choice like a group invite if a biped want to climb up and then they can say yes or no^^
    But while riding a dragon a biped is unable to do anything and if the dragon dies, the biped dies too. And for the flight speed they also can craft a spell which increases the fly speed.

Yeah, I know, some of the ideas aren't realizable I think.
    But you always can say, waht your wishes are^^

I like the saddle idea and would like to add some thoughts:

- being mounted on a dragon could give certain group benefits
    - be more resistable to special attacks (fire, crush, primal could be an idea)
    - caster classes get benefits (healers get a bigger healing range, or even faster cooldowns)
    - mounted dragons could get benefits on their melee abilities
    - ... add your ideas

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

It depends which server board I think is which.

I also think, the point of adding saddles for dragons was already dicussed, but it would be nice, to have them. So that only bipeds can craft saddles but dragons can wear it and need them in their inventory. So they got a yes/no choice like a group invite if a biped want to climb up and then they can say yes or no^^
    But while riding a dragon a biped is unable to do anything and if the dragon dies, the biped dies too. And for the flight speed they also can craft a spell which increases the fly speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elteria View Post
    I like the saddle idea and would like to add some thoughts:

- being mounted on a dragon could give certain group benefits
    - be more resistable to special attacks (fire, crush, primal could be an idea)
    - caster classes get benefits (healers get a bigger healing range, or even faster cooldowns)
    - mounted dragons could get benefits on their melee abilities
    - ... add your ideas
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...php?23245-FAQs #2 + http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...l=1#post258461

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ide-the-dragon
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...agon-riders-)&
    ...and many more

Dragon riding is the most dead horse of every dead horse on this forum.

Well, it's no surprise, that I absolutely love this game. So I got more ideas.
    Ich was talking about more colors for the dragons, so I thought of adding a colour wheel for any body part like scales, chestplates and decals would be good and so everyone would have so much more variety with creating dragons, so with more heads and maybe styles of wings too.

Yeah, I know, some of the ideas aren't realizable I think.
    But you always can say, waht your wishes are^^
    Otherwise, I would like that but:
    - Head shapes need 3D modelers and artists which are in very short supply with the T3 revamp going on.
    - Scales, chestplates, and decals also need artists which are super busy
    -I don't think Istaria's engine can support a color wheel of some description or it'd be very hard to code in.
    Last edited by Racktor; March 7th, 2015 at 06:02 PM.

Oh yeah, that are good ideas too^^

Well, I just speaked aout the ideas I got

And yeah, I know that this ideas are difficult to realize. But hey, we can still wish^^

Thread Information