Thread: Istaria at night hours.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Istaria at night hours.

Is there something that happens to the hardware or servers between 8pm and say 10pm GMT each night?
    I ask as it always gets hard to log in at these times with freezes, encryption errors and other errors I've not seen before. Always at about the same time each night.
    From UK and using Windows 8 with Nvidia machine.

Default Re: Istaria at night hours.

I'm from the UK as well and can't say I've ever noticed a difference around those times, but it is our peak hours for internet usage in this country and the rest of Europe. Our problems tend to happen more around 2am to 4am GMT. Think that's mostly due to our ISP. Did you try doing a trace route when having problems and seeing when your ISP tends to do their work around your area?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Keep in mind that 8pm GMT is 12-3pm in the U.S. Which is our peak hours. That may be what you are seeing as well. internet lag can cause all kinds of strange connection errors. If no one else is having those same problems, I would say that it is highly likely that it may be something your local ISP does at that time of the day. Have you also checked your own computer to make sure its not scheduled to do check for automatic updates or anything during that time as well?

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Ok, so from various Tracert programs and 'who is IP' stuff over different nights the outcome is always the same.
    It flies from my PC around the world then once it hits Limelight Networks it stalls hitting upwards of 140.501ms.

Always at around 8pm GMT till 11pm GMT.

Your systems do anything funky at that time of night (day for you)

Sounds like the time of night that netflix streaming hits its peak.

Can you guys check with Limelight about connections to Manchester,UK. ?
    I'd ring but I wouldn't have a clue what to say once I finally got thru, plus I don't want to remortgage my house to pay for the phone bill

It's 7:21pm GMT here now and already I can see it creeping up and the launcher and forum pages becoming slower to open/respond.

Bit of a big deal for me since its peak time for me playing between 7-10pm and i'm not liking the 20+ minutes its taking to log in once only to CTD soon after and have to go thru it all over again....
    Or is there something I can do this end like force route my connection somewhere else (im not really techy but know when somethings not right).
    Oh and my provider is SKY broadband with 13Mbps download and 1.5Mbps Upload with a ping of 58 when I use Speedtest.net to test to Austin,TX.
    Last edited by Sindala; March 3rd, 2015 at 06:39 PM.

Ok, I started playing around on that speedtest.net sending my signal to different places around the US.
    - 13Mbps download and 1.5Mbps Upload with a ping of 58 to Austin,TX.
    - 2.9Mbps dl and 1.8 ul and ping of 247 to Tuscon,AZ.

The west coast all seem to be up near the Arizona speeds .....im lost now....

Nothing you describe seems the slightest bit odd. Refer back to my first post, the times you are talking about are peak internet usage times pretty much evetywhere in the U.S. I'm not at all surprised that you would be experiencing lag at these times, especially connecting from outside of the country. Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing the devs can do about this. Your available time to play just happens to be the worst possible time of day. It is what it is, sorry.
    I am curious what limelight networks is and how you think it affects your lag? 140 ping is by no means exceptional.
    Ive been in game often at the hours you speak of and ive never noticed any problems other than the usual net lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Can you guys check with Limelight about connections to Manchester,UK. ?
    I'd ring but I wouldn't have a clue what to say once I finally got thru, plus I don't want to remortgage my house to pay for the phone bill

It's 7:21pm GMT here now and already I can see it creeping up and the launcher and forum pages becoming slower to open/respond.

Bit of a big deal for me since its peak time for me playing between 7-10pm and i'm not liking the 20+ minutes its taking to log in once only to CTD soon after and have to go thru it all over again....
    Or is there something I can do this end like force route my connection somewhere else (im not really techy but know when somethings not right).
    Oh and my provider is SKY broadband with 13Mbps download and 1.5Mbps Upload with a ping of 58 when I use Speedtest.net to test to Austin,TX.
    I'm in yorkshire Sindala, on a military garrison, which are notorious for poor connection speeds.(talktalk ISP), Whilst it might slow down slightly I certainly don't take longer than 2 or 3 mins to log in (and thats because i have a rubbish laptop, On the desktop it takes 30 seconds to a minute.)
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

I'm starting to think it may be my laptop as I never used to have this problem, but I can't see how an MSI Apache pro i7-quad with 32GB ram and an GTX 860M NVidia card should struggle to load up the forums or game.
    It only happens on Istaria and not other games or websites (and only at night) which is why I was thinking it was something to do with Limelight as that it where it slows down and ultimately times out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    I'm starting to think it may be my laptop as I never used to have this problem, but I can't see how an MSI Apache pro i7-quad with 32GB ram and an GTX 860M NVidia card should struggle to load up the forums or game.
    It only happens on Istaria and not other games or websites (and only at night) which is why I was thinking it was something to do with Limelight as that it where it slows down and ultimately times out.
    *chuckles* your laptop has more memory in the graphics card than my whole laptop. Have you checked it for other problems?
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

I think I may have an idea what it is now but have to wait till about 8pm tonight to test my theory

Thought it had been to easy to log in for too long.

Back to real slow forums and not getting past the Login page for the game itself......

Thread Information