Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annual Festival of Ash?

Default Re: Annual Festival of Ash?

The Speaker of Flame is essentially the individual tasked with running the event. They are given a set number of duties and they conduct it accordingly.

There's a lot of OOC communication involved however. Maekrux (Kaerisk) and I spoke back and forth with one another in order to keep the event flowing smoothly. This gave a broad idea on how one -can- run it, though they have leg room to wiggle in a touch of their own - speech being a good example for this.

In the end, Kaerisk is the one that organized the event in its entirety, though he gave the position of power to the player and character that was chosen as the speaker. Generally, a thread is opened before the event takes place (probably a few weeks in order to work out time schedules) and someone from the community is nominated.

Default Re: Annual Festival of Ash?

Okay, thank you, Starstilanx, for the information...having never seen one of these, my friends and I are very excited and interested in making sure that it happens again. Our hope, of course, is that those who have run the Festival in the past would do so again, along with any others who have been involved in the "nuts and bolts" of the thing; what you also have, however, is a small group of "newer" players (at least, new enough to have never seen a Festival of Ash) who will be more than happy to provide any help we can...it's myself and 1 or 2 others from Scions, along with 2 or 3 members of Istara's Chosen.

Worst case scenario, no one from "the past" wants to be involved, in which case we've determined we'll do the best we can...but, from what I'm hearing, that doesn't seem to be a major worry

Thread Information