Thread: Weird thing happened to me in Dralnok's Doom

Default Weird thing happened to me in Dralnok's Doom

I went to Dralnok's Doom and got stuck in the floor as usual. I didn't feel like relogging this time so I just used different skills to see if any would get me unstuck. I tried going khutit and then changing back. It got me unstuck from the floor, but I got stuck as a khutit that could float and for some reason mobs kept appearing and disappearing randomly.

Default Re: Weird thing happened to me in Dralnok's Doom

Ive noticed something similar too. when the person is in khutit sometimes it makes them bugged. I noticed that first with group. When I was triple logged I had 3 dragons in group. 2 could see each other in group and in game. one was standing next to them in khutit form but that one couldn't see either in game or group (when I dragged mouse to arrow it said like 7 meters which means the draggy should see other dragons,but their names were dark -as if far away). the same bugged draggy sometimes saw mobs and sometimes not. they kept flickering. iirc they would not move. that was in dralnoks doom too. it happens rarely though and im not sure khutit causes it.
    Sometimes it happens at the pad and draggy isn't in khutit form. when I take one dragon thorugh the doom to some safe place (1 is near murk crabs),for the first dragon it still shows the 2nd one at the pad. relog always fixes it though.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Do you use setscale? If your switch back and forth while scaled it does wierd things, relog fixes it.
    The other things you mentioned just seems like some serious lag to me though, maybe clear your world cache see if that helps.
    -Kor

This is an old bug.

What i believe happens, is the floor doesn't load in time to "catch" the character, so they fall down to 0 altitude (usally 500m below) so even though it says 7m, and the properly loaded characters think they should be right there, the server thinks they are far below. Relog fixes it.

Something similiar used to happen in Kirasanct. You'd port in, wind up under the building because the pad didn't load quick enough, or in the right order needed for the character to "land" on.

Could probably be fixed with the same method used to fix kirasanct. but that was fixed back in 2004 ish.

Does this happen when you are playing with the loading screen on?

Loading screen is off.

and yes I use setscale all the time. what guaran says make sense. it never bothered me enough to psot about it till opal mentioned it.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    Loading screen is off.
    Easy answer, then... Turn on your loading screen. That way the terrain will load before your character.

Figured ... thank you.

I don't use setscale and whenever I have the loading screen on in Dralnok's Doom it never stops loading.

Thread Information