Thread: Unity shard problems?

Belog

Default Unity shard problems?

Error ID: 57
    The login process was unsuccessful because of an internal communication problem between the authentication server and the accounts database. Please wait a few minutes and try logging in again.

Unable to login to Horizions. This can occur if the authentication server is offline or the player server is offline. Please check http://horizions.istaria.comto find out the status of the shard. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Shard status: VERY HEALTHY [8o|]

Message on login page regarding this issue: ..........................................
    .................................................. ..................................................
    .................................................. .................................................. .[:@]

My status: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Unity shard problems?

Same message here. Can't log in... I thought the server had been restarted to get rid of that problem?
    Fluffy Dragon of ICE, Adv. 30, Spellcrafter 27 - still growing

Mark

Same problem,i've opened a ticket, no response, i wanna play, dozens... hundreds of Eu playwers wanna play!!! GN! MOVE UP!

yesterday evening, after a work day--> h 22:30 rollback
    today, after a work day ---> h 20:00 can't login

i'm paying! i want service! responses! [8o|]

Baldin Sharpstone

same here, been going on for 3 hours at least [:@]
    i wanna plaaaaaay[:'(]

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Same problem,i've opened a ticket, no response, i wanna play, dozens... hundreds of Eu playwers wanna play!!! GN! MOVE UP!

yesterday evening, after a work day--> h 22:30 rollback
    today, after a work day ---> h 20:00 can't login

i'm paying! i want service! responses! [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-39.gif[/img]

hundreds of EU players? Give GN the rest of 2004 and you'll be able to see 'em all on a player search I fear..
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

only if u dont specify anythign or u'll find noone hehe or be lucky requirements fot the one person they apply to

as for the login page, they probably just made the status thing a fixed tekst message to pretend they are doing something, especially cuz the "server full" mesaage was still given even after that changed (while the server worked, that is)
    Myca Ghimerov, Fiendish Wizard, Sorcerer, Enchanter, Mason. Retired.

Proud Member of the Steel Phoenix

...ignore the shard status entry - I had a look at the source code; it's just text...

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium
    ...ignore the shard status entry - I had a look at the source code; it's just text...

*falls from chair*
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

While the Unity shard status may simply be written into the page source (evidence supports this), this is most likely the case in US shards as well if one goes and looks at the html source. This is because the page is no doubt generated by a server-side script - PHP, Perl, Java servlets, or ASP for example - and they send none of their own code out to the user agent (in this case a web browser).

This achieves: firstly, the user agent is not burdened with unnecessary transfers or useless data; secondly, companies that develop such server-side applications can perform some neat wizardry there without having to fear some lamer copypasting their hard work to their own projects. (Further, one could argue in court that server-side applications fall under copyright protection as 'source code of sufficient originality')

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    While the Unity shard status may simply be written into the page source (evidence supports this), this is most likely the case in US shards as well if one goes and looks at the html source. This is because the page is no doubt generated by a server-side script - PHP, Perl, Java servlets, or ASP for example - and they send none of their own code out to the user agent (in this case a web browser).
    That's exactly what I believed was the case, until I heard that Unity was "Very Healthy" and had a "Low" population.... ....during maintenance.

Well they could at least have bothered to use the right font size and the right descriptions ("Moderate, Light, Very Light") to make a better fake.

But you know first quality is not their strong point... [H]
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Baldin Sharpstone

shard prb are up again [:@]

Thread Information