I figured with my growing interest, I should introduce myself. Ever since I had been around the internet I have been Bardivus. In fact, it wasn't an awfully long time after I started online gaming, I discovered a game called "Horizons: Empires of Istaria" and I remember seeing the development screenshots thinking it was beautiful. As life tends to do, it got quite hectic shortly after the release of the game. I lost track of the game and when life settled down enough I could not find Horizons so I gave up, being the years before efficient search engines of course.

I played other games that are well known, games that over time went downhill for me. I tried to make the games fun again but I couldn't, so I gave up on them. Some time ago, on a nostalgia trip, I searched for older games I had played before online gaming had been taken over by huge companies and seemingly became more and more carbon copies of each other. Some were gone, Some were waning, while others thrived. I found Istaria again almost by accident. I created a free account and just played around for a bit. I enjoyed myself for what little time I spent. I keep finding myself coming back and giving careful consideration to making Istaria my virtual residence.

I miss the community that online games used to share. Istaria, while still thriving and active seems to have this. I'm not just wanting to play around a little, I want to be in a community. Whichever game I pick to be my virtual home, I plan on spending a considerable amount of time in. This is partially an introduction, but in another part a question.

I plan on becoming a member, could I get any recommendations from you all as to which level of membership I should get? As I only played around in low levels in my trial, I'm unsure of much beyond that point. Any suggestions?