Thread: Weirdly poor FPS in Istaria.

Hybrid View

Default Re: Weirdly poor FPS in Istaria.

Hmm, I use the default settings in Nvidia control panel and I have 4Gb ram, Nvidia 8400 GS, a 7 year old card, with 1Gb video ram and a busted fan the past 3 years. I consistently hit 50-60fps when I log in. Maybe after a couple of hours in a heavy town, it'll drop to 30-35.

I can maybe suggest https://support.istaria.com/index.ph...ode=view&id=69 to use those default settings.
    That might be a bit out of date. When I open my Nvidia Control panel, the Manage 3D settings are highlighted (left) by default. The right window pane would be the Restore button (near bottom). I find those the best settings.

I also find that just lowering the Max View Distance a tad can help out a lot, too. I used to run everything full max. I still have have all the other slider bars to far right (max detail) but have my view distance to about 3/4.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

What Cega said about the max distance... If you haven't adjusted it in the past few months, go ahead and give the slider a jiggle now. Max view distance was lowered and I noticed my settings didn't automatically take this into effect. The new max distance is very beneficial for FPS.

I would also recommend sending in a ticket with logs of a particularly slow play session and describe your problem to support: They can see a lot more from your logs and tell you a lot more than most of us forum-goers can. I imagine most of the optimizations for framerate were done based off of specs from players that send in their logs (like myself, I can run Istaria very juicy smooth after working with support on various issues), and so not everyone may have the same benefits. Just a guess there, of course. Wouldn't hurt to try a ticket.

-summons the local Jstn cuz he knows a lot more about these issues than I would!-

Kida,
    It's interesting you said that about max distance. I have always left it at full range, but the other day I had some lag so I thought I would play with it, I slid it down 3/4 and hit apply and the fog was so thick, I decided to move it back but when I did it was not the distance I had before I fiddled with it. I thought there was something wrong with my settings but I think it's exactly as you mentioned the settings didn't automatically take this into effect when it changed.

I do wish I hadn't of messed with it now, but I guess I'll get used to it.
    -Kor

It depends which server board I think is which.

I actually have had a huge FPS jump the last time I logged on. I usually had 40-45fps steadily, but now it's staying in the 55-60fps range - without jiggling my view distance slider or touching any options. In Feladan, as per usual, the FPS drops to about 20-30 before a crash a few moments later anyway, as it has for the past years I've played. Dalimond also makes my FPS drop a little bit, as well as effects-heavy places, but barely ever lower than 50fps.

My rig:
    i7 3.4ghz
    GeForce 750 TI
    8gb RAM
    Win 7 64bit

Edit:
    From the link that Ceg gave, it says that:
    - Ambient Occlusion
    - Anisotropic Filtering
    - Antialiasing
    - Overlay

..can mess with Ista. For me, it says:
    Ambient Occlusion: Off

Anisotropic filtering: Application controlled

Antialiasing, FXAA: Off
    Antialiasing, Gamma Correction: On
    Antialiasing, Mode: Application-controlled
    Antialiasing, Setting: Application-controlled
    Antialiasing, Transparency: Off

I don't see "overlay" anywhere.

As for Istaria's options:

Last edited by Racktor; April 24th, 2015 at 04:37 PM.

Thread Information