Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Realm Of Blight

Default Re: The Realm Of Blight

It won't be possible even you beat the Lich cause it will just reform. As for the Lord of Maggots that is a new epic, all the sub-commanders in there are epics harder than the hardest currently known epic expect for Memory of Elial because the Lich King is supposed to be stronger than Elial and Memory of Elial. Also It was originally realm of Blight, but so people don't get confused with Blight Shard changed it to Ageis to represent the withered Ageis. Yes new epics can be from the sub-commanders of Lich that another point to allow more epic to come in and they will be the meaning of epic. These epic sub-commanders won't be Lesser or Greater, but a new category Uber or something that means more than Greater.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; April 27th, 2015 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Correction

I still think it's a good idea. There might need to be some small tweaks so that the lore fits, and probably need some new lore written. But it could be a fun addition.

One idea I had surrounding this, was that this new zone would have no teleporters (out), and maybe even no teleporters in. They could etch into that huge tall wall on the east edge of ED, some pathways/switchbacks that could be climbed. Even Ancient dragons cannot fly up past the wall. Anyway, could climb very far, go thru a nasty looking hole in that wall, perhaps an aegis looking wall/door (the front side of the fortress that was behind reklar, before the zone got reworked), then switchbacks all the way down. Then a whole huge zone to explore... on foot. It would make the world seem bigger.

The quests to get into the zone, could lead to a landing pad at the top of the switchbacks, in front of the fortress/entrance. So at least you get that close. Part of the quest would require climbing the switchbacks once, reach the zone and "discover" (would be a quest trigger spot) the opening in wall/fortress front end, along with the landing pad. But once you go down into the zone, it's all on foot/flight. The landing pad could even be part of a set of withered aegis landing pads scattered around the eastern deadlands. So perhaps to even get there, you have to go to the eastern outpost, run into Easter Deadlands a short ways to a blighted teleporter, then can port around ED or to this pad (once you do the quest which attunes you to the destination).

That would be sweet.

Let's hope someone has the time to write the quests and lore, that's probably where the majority of the work would come from.
    Last edited by Guaran; April 27th, 2015 at 09:44 PM.

The portal was for incase they cannot do what you mentioned to cover the basis and the Lich will need to be expanded on and his lore, but I have done research he would be a bone warrior in game but he would also carry a staff.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    The portal was for incase they cannot do what you mentioned to cover the basis and the Lich will need to be expanded on and his lore, but I have done research he would be a bone warrior in game but he would also carry a staff.
    I always thought the Task master (i think thats the one I'm thinking off) might fit the bill of a lich (the same one thats at the end of the DS quest)
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

It won't be possible even you beat the Lich cause it will just reform. As for the Lord of Maggots that is a new epic, all the sub-commanders in there are epics harder than the hardest currently known epic expect for Memory of Elial because the Lich King is supposed to be stronger than Elial and Memory of Elial. Also It was originally realm of Blight, but so people don't get confused with Blight Shard changed it to Ageis to represent the withered Ageis. Yes new epics can be from the sub-commanders of Lich that another point to allow more epic to come in and they will be the meaning of epic. These epic sub-commanders won't be Lesser or Greater, but a new category Uber or something that means more than Greater.
    Also I wouldn't make the sub commanders necessarily harder than the current epics but perhaps give the Current epics a Boost make them a challenge again. Make it so Reklar requires an actual spell caster dragon to cast boon not just any ole dragon.. afterall we can claim they're link to the blight has been strenthened.

just my two pence

Not Necessarily, I read up on the Lich it would be more skeleton necromancer type and would control more undead than Avatar of Pain (named Abomination Task-Master or Abomination Task-Master. But also I know Lich would control the Abomination Task-Masters to extend more control cause they are known for controlling a lot of undead minions and probably be a connection to blight anchors too and blight portals.

Not Necessarily, I read up on the Lich it would be more skeleton necromancer type and would control more undead than Avatar of Pain (named Abomination Task-Master or Abomination Task-Master. But also I know Lich would control the Abomination Task-Masters to extend more control cause they are known for controlling a lot of undead minions and probably be a connection to blight anchors too and blight portals.
    Yeah I know but we already have a bone warrior epic (valkor) just trying to mix it up a little

anyway thats all semantics.. the overall idea is good be heck of a lot of work.. but well worth it I think

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Yeah I know but we already have a bone warrior epic (valkor) just trying to mix it up a little

anyway thats all semantics.. the overall idea is good be heck of a lot of work.. but well worth it I think
    Yeah I know about Valkor, but no epic weapons will be obtained from Lich just a quest reward it be kind like Ceremonial Chest Scale/Ceremonial Tower Shield, but any of the lich's sub-commanders will be epic weapons, techs, or spells, possibly. Even know Lich will be harder than Elial.

I was thinking about the difficulty level as you guys were discussing.

It would be fine I think, if all the new mobs were at least as tough as the existing epics. No problem there. And it's a great opportunity for new epics to be added. That could be done at some future date.

But for the difficulty, and to give players a reason to regularly hunt them, I think that while Maggot Lord is "Alive", all the regular epics Gigaroth, Shaloth, Valkor, Reklar, gain 100% extra damage across the board. Some sort of buff on them that works like an aura, that is present on them when maggot lord is spawned or enough time has passed for him to be respawned. So for the regular epic hunts, you would first want to go take out these new bosses, so that the regular epics are at manageable difficulty levels. And its like an 8 hour reprieve from the damage boost, once Maggot Lord is taken out. And players can get 3 to 4 kills in on each regular epic/lesser epic during that time.

But I also think these bosses would deserve their own epic items of some sort too. A few more for dragons... Maybe a nice dagger, shilleagh, crossbow (really nice, like 400% damage). There's many items that have been skipped over by devs for epics and by players. But with some imagination could be desired. A dagger useable by sorcerers, that has crazy nice spellbuffs. (-20% recycle/delay on spells and spell like abilities, that would be useful for sorc to keep mezzes refreshed). A crossbow for healing that does an aoe heal = to the damage done, with a big damage boost compared to existing (crummy) crossbows. Stuff like that.

I like your idea about Maggot lord increasing damage but just not for epic boss like the big four you Guaran I think for the adds he has or adds he spawns.

I like your idea about Maggot lord increasing damage but just not for epic boss like the big four you Guaran I think for the adds he has or adds he spawns.
    or perhaps specific spawns only spawn when he's alive? that way there wouldn't be an iffy thing with people wanting the "lower" epic stuff (seeing as you did want them to be stronger than the current ones right?) but unable to fight them because the current epics would wreck your hides. This is taking in account that they wouldn't be strong enough to smash through 2 epics to just get the lower ones (as I take it you'd want this to be a linear approach rather than: go in->kill maggot lord->go out)

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    or perhaps specific spawns only spawn when he's alive? that way there wouldn't be an iffy thing with people wanting the "lower" epic stuff (seeing as you did want them to be stronger than the current ones right?) but unable to fight them because the current epics would wreck your hides. This is taking in account that they wouldn't be strong enough to smash through 2 epics to just get the lower ones (as I take it you'd want this to be a linear approach rather than: go in->kill maggot lord->go out)
    I agree with Meeps that Maggot Lord shouldn't make the other epics stronger cause that wouldn't be fair to the others trying to get their epic tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    One other point, "The Realm of Blight" technically, that's the blight shard.
    That's not true I stumbled upon this on a quest in game called The Trials Of the Gifted: Test of Knowledge that's available on the Kion Town Marshall. The quest directly points out that the realm where the Withered Aegis and other creatures from that realm is called the Realm of Blight. Below is proof that its called Realm of Blight from some logs from where I was doing the quest.

Code:
    Assessor of Knowledge:
    [05/06/15 02:17:02] Assessor tells you, Most of what we know of this Age comes from scattered collections of tales, passed down from generation to generation until finally written down. Due to the heavy localization and embellishment that tends to color oral histories, though, they are normally inaccurate and biased. History is often defined by the victors, after all, and these tales are no exception, I imagine. Should you wish to learn more and continue this task, you should seek out the scholars who have been studying this time in history.

[05/06/15 02:17:02] Assessor tells you, There are four scholar who have spent most of their lives studying the history of Istaria. They have recently convened on an small island west and slightly north of here. Seek them out to continue your quest for knowledge.

Scholar of the Age of Dragons:
    [05/06/15 02:18:16] Age tells you, Ah, this is such a beautiful place to discuss the brightest time of Istaria. I speak, of course, about the Age of the Dragon, the time when my people were at the pinnacle of our civilization. The deities had gone at the end of their Age, you see - there was a great struggle that encompassed the world. We, the Dragons, filled the void they left. We were worshiped as they had been. The other races served us, and our world was bright and beautiful. The Humans, though, <!--ST 2056284 1>were another matter<!--/ST>.

[05/06/15 02:18:30] Age tells you, Some Humans served us well, but there were those who worked against us at every opportunity. We ignored them at first, as they could surely pose no threat to us... but their civilization grew, and they began building homes as opposed to roaming. Our people became worried, for their numbers grew to troublesome amounts. It was this dilemma that brought about the <!--ST 2056284 1>Great Schism<!--/ST>.

[05/06/15 02:18:45] Age tells you, The Dragons were divided in how to deal with the Humans. One faction, led by the Dragon scholar Helian, declared that the Dragons should seize the opportunity to lead the peoples of Istaria into the future, as Dragons were the most enlightened and powerful of races. The other group, headed by the military leader Malganival Lunus, saw the other races as a threat to the Draconic people, and that the world must be rightfully claimed by force of arms. The quarrel lasted centuries, and during that time, the <!--ST 2056284 1>Humans were not idle<!--/ST>.

[05/06/15 02:19:03] Age tells you, While the two factions debated their rightful course of action, Human society grew too large for us to control. We kept to our arguments and a rift was formed among our people that continues to this day: the Helian and Lunus factions. The Humans developed their own strong society -- speak with the next Scholar, the Scholar of the Age of Warrior Kings, and he'll explain to you what became of that development.

Scholar of the Age of Warrior Kings:
    [05/06/15 02:19:20] Age tells you, So you've been lectured on the Age of the Dragon, I take it?  Excellent. The events there segue nicely into what became known as the Age of the Warrior-Kings, and the rise of Ashlander Vandus. It was Vandus, the Good King, who brought the quarreling and scattered Humans under one banner, through his natural charisma and judicious use of force. The Humans truly flourished under <!--ST 2056294 1>his reign<!--/ST>.

[05/06/15 02:19:37] Age tells you, Though not technically crowned king, Vandus was indeed the brilliant monarch of the time. It was through his skill in governing and economics that Dalimond became the capital of Human civilization. In his negotiations with other races, he used his knowledge of their cultures to everyone's benefit - so much so that conflict between Dragon and Human was kept to a minimum. While there were some battles during this time, Vandus handled them with the same sharp mind he used <!--ST 2056294 1>in diplomacy<!--/ST>.

[05/06/15 02:20:08] Age tells you, Vandus counseled the Humans to act independently, but encouraged others to cooperate with the other races of Istaria. This philosophy, in turn, made written record all the more important; it was in the Age of the Warrior-Kings that we saw true effort to write down what occurred, in order to achieve better understanding of the world and the people in it in times to come. It was in this Age, also, that we saw serious <!--ST 2056294 1>advancements in magic<!--/ST>.

Scholar of the Age of the Sorceror: 
    [05/06/15 02:20:27] Age tells you, In the time after Vandus passed away, scholars began dedicating themselves to magical studies. Though all Living Races dabbled in the practice, Humans were at the time the forefront in new and potent discoveries. Magic was found to have strong ties with the land, and methods were formed to extract such energies from the natural world and put them to use. To continue this subject, however, I think you should speak with my fellow scholar, the Scholar of the Age of Sorcery. He'll educate you further.

[05/06/15 02:20:43] Age tells you, Magic is such a wondrous thing, and never has Istaria seen such advances as were made in the Age of the Sorcerer, some 300 years past. I am sure you've already learned of the Age of the Dragon - ah, that the Humans could have but learned from Draconic society during that time, perhaps what happened in this era would not have occurred. You see, the Human civilization was making advancements in leaps and bounds... at the head of the class, so to speak, in every way of life, including magic. It was only a matter of time before <!--ST 2056277 1>history repeated itself<!--/ST>.

[05/06/15 02:21:58] Age tells you, Much like the Great Schism seen in Dragon society, Humans became divided on the subject of magical practice. There was a group of mages who wished to unlock every secret in their field of study, to tap into power no man had reached. They turned to necromancy and mental domination to achieve these ends. Other mages opposed them, disgusted at their brethren's decision to use such abhorrent methods to gain their power. Tempers rode high, and after serious strife in Human society, those who had pursued the forbidden practices were <!--ST 2056277 1>ostracized<!--/ST>.

[05/06/15 02:22:14] Age tells you, They fled the Human lands, outnumbered, and chose to dedicate themselves to a new deity, one Niatha Moraven by name. She is the goddess of Vengeance, and these embittered individuals worshiped her fervently. In turn, she marked her followers with blue skin, tails, and horns - and as their actions were, to the Humans, "fiendish", they became known as the Fiends. They vowed to teach the Humans a lesson on the "virtues of revenge", but this conflict never came to pass due to the events surrounding a certain Human called <!--ST 2056277 1>Torrin Macalir<!--/ST>.

[05/06/15 02:22:44] Age tells you, Despite the events centered around magic during this time, it is after Torrin Macalir that this age is named. In the vacuum created by the Fiends leaving Human society, a young and ambitious mage named Torrin rose to power. Macalir was unscrupulous and eventually the Humans cast him out of their society. It was then that this frighteningly powerful mage began to tap into the Realm of Blight and form what became known as the Withered Aegis. Go and speak with my comrade, the Scholar of the Age of Lamentations - he will explain more.

Scholar of the Age of Lamentations:
    [05/06/15 02:24:56] Age tells you, I will speak to you now of an Age very near to the hearts of the Living Races, for many of us saw its events with our own eyes. It is the Age of Lamentations of which I speak, the time when the Withered Aegis rose up against the races of Istaria and all hope was nearly lost. Creatures from the Realm of Blight surged westward over the frontier, and outlying cities were <!--ST 2056285 1>lost<!--/ST>.

[05/06/15 02:25:23] Age tells you, Rachival, the Gnomian city, and Feladan, citadel of Elves, fell under the horrific onslaught of the undead hordes. The few survivors fell back behind the stout wall near Aughundell, and while the city barely withstood the war, the Withered Aegis marched onto Tazoon, where the <!--ST 2056285 1>Great Battle<!--/ST> played out before the anxious eyes of the Living Races.

[05/06/15 02:25:33] Age tells you, It was a mere decade ago when the Great Battle occurred outside this very city. The undead outnumbered the Tazoon army five to one. At first it was thought to be a last desperate stand against the tide, but the Fiends and Lunus Dragons came to our aid; they reasoned that, while they were enemies, the Humans were most assuredly the lesser of two evils. While the undead still were far more powerful, our forces had another boon: <!--ST 2056285 1>the Gifted<!--/ST>.

[05/06/15 02:26:18] Age tells you, The Ritual of Everlasting Life had been performed shortly after the fall of Feladan, and during the Great Battle we finally started to understand its effects on those Living Races who were Gifted. While we weren't entirely sure of the cause for the dead returning to fight by our side, alive and whole once more, it was an advantage we fully appreciated. Between all of this, one of the Protectorate, Ryson Stormbringer, <!--ST 2056285 1>made his move<!--/ST>.

[05/06/15 02:26:43] Age tells you, He worked himself deep into the Withered Aegis' formations until he was close to Torrin Macalir. From there, he used an Artifact -- no one is entirely certain what -- and with its power destroyed Macalir and many of his minions. The blast was as bright as the sun, and while it did not burn the Living Races, the undead were quite another matter. The blast happened at the crater you can find west of this city. Thus the Withered Aegis were pushed back, defeated for the time being, and a <!--ST 2056285 1>new age began<!--/ST>.
    This from the code above:
    Macalir was unscrupulous and eventually the Humans cast him out of their society. It was then that this frighteningly powerful mage began to tap into the Realm of Blight and form what became known as the Withered Aegis.
    and
    Creatures from the Realm of Blight surged westward over the frontier
    That proves the realm where the Withered Aegis come from is called Realm of Blight, but also that the Blight Shard and Realm of Blight are two different things.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; May 6th, 2015 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Correction

Thread Information