Thread: Was it Necessary ...

Default Was it Necessary ...

to break the fabric shop outside New Trismus? Was it necessary to leave no way for the community to repair it? I have noticed many machines around the world are broken. Some like Trismus and Kion were broke just this last week. Gathering flax in Kion could be frustrating for a low level outfitter/gatherer as the Spiders are vicious.

Default Re: Was it Necessary ...

I suspect the answer is "yes". The powers that be have decided to add storage to most machine structures (woot!), but that meant destroying all community buildings I believe. I've only been reading this on the forums though, I haven't tested anything in-game, so I could be wrong or have misinterpreted something.

From what I understood, NT isn't really a 'starter island' so much anymore, so it might be that you just need to find a new place. Kion is (or at least was) very good for T1 cloth (kenaf?).
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

It has Flax in Kion but there is still a place to spin thread and a loom just not where some might think (new people)

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

There's also a clothmaking building right in the flax patch above Kion. Repairing it has been a priority on Order, we've completed it.

If only the list of supplies showed on the NT one. It could act as an incentive to get my niece to become a weaver. LOL

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

Quote Originally Posted by OldCatdancer View Post
    If only the list of supplies showed on the NT one. It could act as an incentive to get my niece to become a weaver. LOL
    It's bugged, and should be fixed by today's patch.

This should be fixed as of Delta 273 which just went live.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I'm having a hard time seeing what's going on here.

I think all the machines I passed by were demolished. Is it intended for players to rebuild them, or to be herded away to an obscure place where machines are still standing?

Yes the one on Chaos New Trismus now has a list of supplies Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alizarinblaze View Post
    I'm having a hard time seeing what's going on here.

I think all the machines I passed by were demolished. Is it intended for players to rebuild them, or to be herded away to an obscure place where machines are still standing?
    most of the low level ones were destroyed by mistake, but yes, the intention is that players rebuild them, luckily both servers have a relatively okay biped builder amount that's willing to work on this.

On the note of broken crafting buildings. A friend or two of mine have found a broken essence circle on Drakul.

Now, not to totally derail this topic, but problem... we need bipeds to build that, which means that bipeds need to have access to the island. Unless there was a way to change what was needed on that ONE particular essence circle to use dragon LSH materials, which, I can conceivably see, is impossible, as its a biped structure. This does need to be looked at.

Before the readers turn this into a biped vs dragon thread about why bipeds should or shouldn't have access to that island... Not everyone knows where to find nearby lairs that have essence shaping rooms in them, further, there may not be even be any plots that actually DO have that room in them.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

This is a bit of a pickle (essence circle on Drakul).

Changing the machine to require resources, to build, that can be crafted by a dragon isn't an idea solution.

My initial thought was what about allowing bipeds to do the attunement quest, too? However, this is suppose to be a "Dragon Only" island, so not sure how players would feel about that. It's been like this as long as I can remember.

But here is my thinking why this would be a good idea. Bipeds would only be able to access the western peninsuala area (same as hatchlings). There is no way to go up to where the lairs are without flying. So dragons still get their private area.

There's resources on this island that is only useful to a biped and no where else in the game. Mandrake Root can only be gathered from this island. Currently mandrake is for confectioners:

Trigger to begin quest: Rare Foods: To Serve Mandrake (rewards: Confectioner Rare Garnish: Mandrake)

Rare Desert: Snap Dragon
    Rare Side Dish: Zeevie's Herb Jelly

Unless a person has a dragon alt, then seems no confectioner would bother making those two dishes.

Shining orbs, most gather those near Eastern Outpost and use that Essence Circle.
    Would be nice to have a nice change of scenery to gather those, Drakul is a lovely island.
    Bipeds would have incentive to build this machine.

So the question is, would dragons be willing to share a piece of the island with naka? Any pros/cons I'm not thinking about?

EDIT: This building could just be manually popped too, that certainly could be considered.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; May 19th, 2015 at 10:59 PM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I really don't mind if they share the lower end of the island. If there's too much disagreement about it or bipeds are not allowed there, then you could temporarily open it or replace the machine with a dragon essence machine?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Second voice that's fine with peds being able to reach the lower reaches of Drakul.

I have no issue with bipeds being there, although thematically perhaps something that looks like a landing pad with an oversized dragon essence chaneler would fit more into the area.

Thread Information