Thread: Reajusting loot tables and drop rates

Default Reajusting loot tables and drop rates

I think loot tables of many mobs need adjustments and drop rates from mobs need adjusted. The current system is unbalanced because sometimes some mobs drop zero loot and I find that little crazy and annoying at times. There is other things like Tier 2 trophies drop at ridiculous low rates for some mobs, even that some non-rare comps don't even drop that much. Basically the current system is very flawed and needs improved upon. I suggested a higher adjusted rate for trophies, techs, formulas, spells, and components than the other things like money making materials such has hoard items, and other items such as globs, residue and etc.

Sorry for the typo in the topic name I missed a key and didn't notice before submitting

Default Re: Reajusting loot tables and drop rates

Unfortunately, without specifics, it's very hard for the Dev's to investigate properly I believe (and just putting, please check all T2 mobs still won't get anywhere).

Something that can hide or inflame the situation is just how many different things mobs can drop. If you happen to be hunting something that only drops a small number of different items (i.e. Trophy, Tech comp, junk loot), then chances are you'll see them often. But if the mob happens to be able to drop a half dozen or more things, then that one item you happen to be looking for will seem to never appear.

If a mob is constantly dropping nothing, then that is cause for concern. It might be lag related though. I often wait a few seconds before trying to loot, and if it does show with nothing, I might leave the immediate area (out of view range, 100m+) and try again. But if all that fails and the mob is constantly not dropping anything, I'd suggest putting in a support ticket and/or reporting in the Bugs section.

It sounds like you might have just had a bad run of luck. For the most part, drop-rates are pretty generous in my experience. At the lower levels, you're just not as well equipped and so if it takes a while to kill a mob and you don't get the loot you were after, it can feel quite deflating.

I think your comment about "higher drop rates for trophies, techs, forms and comps, but lower for hoard and junk loot" is more a personal preference. Also, that doesn't account for the fact that different mobs drop different things. If you're hunting level 20-30 mobs hoping for forms/techs, then you're just killing the wrong mobs.

Don't know if any of that helped, but feel free to list some of the more loot-less mobs and see if others report the same issues.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I agree with hallucin8 here.

Also, and I can't exactly remember where/when, but the drop rate for trophies and tech comps was mentioned once, and I think it was roughly a 1/5 chance (this does NOT mean you should be getting one every 5 drops btw, I've seen this misconcept way too many times), with some slight differences for some mobs. Well, getting to the point, we will not see an increase in drop rate of those 2, period from what I understand.

The 'money making materials' are there because the loot tables need to be filled up (thrash loot), you rather have 1 loot thing drop roughly every other kill? or nothing at all inbetween tech comps?

And yeah, if something seems out of order, report the specific mob and drop, as the drop rate of things (i.e forms, crystals, etc) is different for every mob.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post

Also, and I can't exactly remember where/when, but the drop rate for trophies and tech comps was mentioned once, and I think it was roughly a 1/5 chance (this does NOT mean you should be getting one every 5 drops btw, I've seen this misconcept way too many times), with some slight differences for some mobs. Well, getting to the point, we will not see an increase in drop rate of those 2, period from what I understand.

The 'money making materials' are there because the loot tables need to be filled up (thrash loot), you rather have 1 loot thing drop roughly every other kill? or nothing at all inbetween tech comps?

And yeah, if something seems out of order, report the specific mob and drop, as the drop rate of things (i.e forms, crystals, etc) is different for every mob.
    I can agree with you both, I was generalizing some examples, Here's some direct examples, I can tell somehow the Marble golems drop fragments the rate seems little off and they every so often drop zero items, to me it seem a little infrequent due to it being a like a common drop and the seems like marble boulder fragments drop more often but that could just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post

Yeah i remember that discussion with Amon, Essentially they won't increase the drop rates without increasing the number of comps required or lowering the value of "trash drops" or lowering the xp reward for trophies. So with that in mind I definately don't want a change.

Furthermore the trophy drop rates of marble golems (and boulder golems) seems fine to me when I require trophies of that range they are usually my first choice. Yeah sure you don’t get a drop every kill but its not exactly slow either
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Yeah i remember that discussion with Amon, Essentially they won't increase the drop rates without increasing the number of comps required or lowering the value of "trash drops" or lowering the xp reward for trophies. So with that in mind I definately don't want a change.

Furthermore the trophy drop rates of marble golems (and boulder golems) seems fine to me when I require trophies of that range they are usually my first choice. Yeah sure you don’t get a drop every kill but its not exactly slow either
    Weird, one time it was hardly dropping for me. But now days its seems ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    Weird, one time it was hardly dropping for me. But now days its seems ok.
    I think you may be experiencing the game deliberately denying you what you want, make the game think you're after trophies and tech comps will drop like mad! ;D

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    I think you may be experiencing the game deliberately denying you what you want, make the game think you're after trophies and tech comps will drop like mad! ;D
    Lol maybe that will work nice one Machaeon.

Higher drop rate for t2 trophies? That's pretty much the last thing that should be on the devs list at the moment. For one, you don't want to make it even easier than it already is. Second, t2 trophies aren't all that interesting, because no matter what rating you are, 20-40 is not really all that much work and you lose most of the fun if you just rush through using them. And third, that's "bug"fixingtime that could be much better spent in developing and completing new content.

Just my 2c

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlin View Post
    Higher drop rate for t2 trophies? That's pretty much the last thing that should be on the devs list at the moment. For one, you don't want to make it even easier than it already is. Second, t2 trophies aren't all that interesting, because no matter what rating you are, 20-40 is not really all that much work and you lose most of the fun if you just rush through using them. And third, that's "bug"fixingtime that could be much better spent in developing and completing new content.

Just my 2c
    I agree with I think with new content because I want that too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    I agree with I think with new content because I want that too.

If your coming from another mmo rpg welcome. just pull what you know from other games out of your ear and theow it in the garbage. Those games give you % rate exp earnings and drop rates because your paying to win the game. In istaria you earn exp the same as everyone else has without % chance to earn it same with drops. when you pay you get more of it.. in istaria your all treated equally. If the devs added increesed % chance to drops the coin inflation would rival Everquests inflation we do not want that. if your hunting for trophies though i reccamend golems and beetles and Ents. They give more then others. I hoped this helped you understand things in istaria ^^ i noticed you joined at 2015 welcome to the game ^^ theres always a reason fir something. just remember dont compare istaria to other games because it wont work. we dont play favroites here. just equallity.
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    we dont play favroites here. just equallity.
    Not quite true... atleast for myself.. Istaria is my fav MMO
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Thread Information