Thread: how do you pronounce the name V'tieru?

Default how do you pronounce the name V'tieru?

It's been on my mind recently and I would be curious to know what the answer would be, there are plenty of NPC dragons out there whose name you would recognize immediately but actually knowing how they would be pronounced would be hard to imagine.
    'the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing' -Edmund Burke

Default Re: how do you pronounce the name V'tieru?

Ah I don't know and don't care too much when weird names appear in books and games but my first thought was vee-tier-oo if that makes sense.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

its a point of interest for me, after all I just flew into dralk to make an example and there are a few npcs around whose names will stop your train of thought completely in its tracks particularly in a narrative standpoint. on the whole though this is a fun thread in essence I will probably be happy if some other dragon name suggestions were put up so I can hear theories about how those names would be pronounced in narration.
    'the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing' -Edmund Burke

Hey there Don! Umm that's a hard one...maybe Veh- tie-ru?

It depends which server board I think is which.

I'm a little tardy to the party, but I pronounce it as "Vih. tire-oo". I sort of have a milisecond pause after the V' part, then continue

I've been pronouncing it like "Vv-teer-oo" Like a hard 'V' and you just jump into the 'tieru' part directly after that.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    I've been pronouncing it like "Vv-teer-oo" Like a hard 'V' and you just jump into the 'tieru' part directly after that.
    seconding this :P thought I seem to switch inbetween the way Mach pronounces it and the way Racktor does.

vuh-TEE-roo!

So let it be written..!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information