Thread: Silver Whistle and Reed forms

Default Silver Whistle and Reed forms

Could those be brought back? Whistle started to gain popularity but theres so few people that can make reeds to recharge them...and its not overly powerful item.
    Perhaps whistle form could be added to gangaf and reed to farmer Holcomb.
    Last edited by Tilithia; June 26th, 2015 at 11:29 PM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Default Re: Silver Whistle and Reed forms

someone gave me the whistle and not the formula and it has charges on it but the farmers reeds are for weaver, seems the reeds needed for the whistle which is a gadget, would or should be sold by a tinkerer along with the whistle.
    Lillyjo, Chaos Server

Why not just put in an expert version of the form, with some higher tier, more powerful whistles? Along with an accompanying expert version of the reed formula for the charges.

My 2 cp: The whistles were an event item from way-back-when. I do not really remember all the details, but I would like to see a quest that relates back to that event in some way as a requirement for gaining whistles (maybe include some of the quest steps from back then?). I'd love for Noncas, the gadget guy, to teach us about making whistle reeds.

Would be nice to see the whistle back and Noncas is the right one to teach it us.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

The event was in Spring 2004, when werewolves invaded Dalimond. I'm a bit curious of why these have become so popular recently? I don't think very many would have the reed formula to make the recharges for them or even the whistle formula itself. I'm not quite sure when they were removed from game.

Are there any items, abilities or spells that does additional animal damage, that anyone is aware of? I know of a few things that do extra damage against undead, but I couldn't quite think of anything for animals. The whistles give +36 attack skill (chance to hit) for those who aren't familiar with them.

The Wolf-Hunter title/emblem is going to give some dps to animals on next delta, though (along with some of the other emblems having damage against undead reinstated). They will work correctly and not have some of the problems they did in past.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    The event was in Spring 2004, when werewolves invaded Dalimond. I'm a bit curious of why these have become so popular recently? I don't think very many would have the reed formula to make the recharges for them or even the whistle formula itself. I'm not quite sure when they were removed from game.
    I am not sure, but I believe that when the event was over it was no longer possible to get the whistles or the reed formula. I suspect interest in them was rekindled by folks returning after a long hiatus and trying out things in their inventory/formulas book to see what they do.

I think the whistle stacks with all other enhancements, and any bonus to battle is always in demand. :-) Also, as I did not get the formula for either of them but do use my whistle when relevant, I would adore the opportunity to gain the formulas now. I'd also love to get the formula for spun sugar/candied carrots - can that formula be included in a festival event sometime?

I would absolutely adore the chance to get my hands on some old forms by any means necessary!

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I can supply some reeds next time I log in if anyone needs some.

I believe the +36 attack skill is against animals only, or wolves only. Really not very useful, but has a cute little effect when used.

its just a collectable and would be cute to have somehow I miss them when they came out perhaps I was just trying to level my crafts and not participating in the events at that time.

Lllyjo, chaos sever a I really don't believe that the item cold be lost somewhere its in here if you know what your looking for.

I'm game to attempt to resurrect these formulas on delta 278, Amon is ok with bringing these back. Of course there'd be some tweaks. They wouldn't be acquired with coin or reinstating the original quest (simple errand quest) is out of the question. I'm thinking possibly distributing the formulas through town marshall with gratitude tokens or another.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Buying them off of the Town Marshalls sounds fine to me, though I'm sure it'd be considerably less fun than the original quest. Regardless I'd be glad to see some old forms come back for purchase

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Thread Information