Thread: Option to build Scale Forge's in lairs

Default Option to build Scale Forge's in lairs

I notice when I was planning my lair it don't have any options to put on a scale forge of any tier. I thought since its a dragon lair a scale forge for tier 1-6 should be available to build in lairs.

Default Re: Option to build Scale Forge's in lairs

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    I notice when I was planning my lair it don't have any options to put on a scale forge of any tier. I thought since its a dragon lair a scale forge for tier 1-6 should be available to build in lairs.
    Smelting Chambers have a scaleforge in them in addition to the smelter.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

^ Indeed. Every lair craft chamber has two machines in it except for the transmutation chamber which just has the cauldron.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    ^ Indeed. Every lair craft chamber has two machines in it except for the transmutation chamber which just has the cauldron.
    Thanks I'm still learning about dragon lairs. Maybe some renaming will make it helpful instead, so you can tell. Cause its hard to tell when designing.

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    Not quite. Smelting, Stoneworking, and the Essence/Spellcrafting (forget its name) have 2 machines. Gemworking, Crystalshaping, Transmutation each have only 1 machine.

There's enough documentation floating around Istaria Reference and Istaria Wikia on these things that the renaming isn't really needed.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

Woops! My bad on that one... remind me not to try posting things when I'm sick anymore. >.>

If you have HCC, click on Lair - Helian (or Lunus) Structures. As you click on each thing in the list, the description window does say what machines come with the structure.

Lunus and Helian are the same thing and same materials, technically they both don't need listed on HCC, but they've always been there. More effort to remove them than it's worth.

Also, the completed Lair mod is pretty slick. Each room/corridor is blocked off until it's built, so difficult to envision what it'll look like. But with that mod, you can actually run and view uncompleted rooms/corridors (it will be just like it was already built and complete, even while it's under construction). There is a copy of this mod (I'm not sure what the original name is, but I have a copy here, with a different file name: http://istariareference.com/mirror/M...n_Complete.zip

But beware of that mod, I've read something recently about how a player would crash everytime they were rezzed. The rez crash stopped after removing that mod. It could have just be a unique fluke to said player, not saying you are guaranteed to crash when resurrected, not sure.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    If you have HCC, click on Lair - Helian (or Lunus) Structures. As you click on each thing in the list, the description window does say what machines come with the structure.

Lunus and Helian are the same thing and same materials, technically they both don't need listed on HCC, but they've always been there. More effort to remove them than it's worth.

Also, the completed Lair mod is pretty slick. Each room/corridor is blocked off until it's built, so difficult to envision what it'll look like. But with that mod, you can actually run and view uncompleted rooms/corridors (it will be just like it was already built and complete, even while it's under construction). There is a copy of this mod (I'm not sure what the original name is, but I have a copy here, with a different file name: http://istariareference.com/mirror/M...n_Complete.zip

But beware of that mod, I've read something recently about how a player would crash everytime they were rezzed. The rez crash stopped after removing that mod. It could have just be a unique fluke to said player, not saying you are guaranteed to crash when resurrected, not sure.
    It's true using that mod causes more crashes and Rez crash every time you rez. I used to use that mod but have deleted it because it causes more crashes and rez crash.

Wow really? 0.o I've had that mod installed for ages and ages and never crash when rezzing. I do crash a lot but about 80-90% of that is because of my internet. Might be something specific to that file maybe? I know I didn't download from Istariareference, think I used the link from the wikia page since that's the first thing that pops up when you google "Istaria lair mod."

Machaeon some those crashes are cause of the mod. I thought they were part of the game until I took it off and noticed much less frequent crashes.

The mod on Istaria Reference is the same one as the wiki. I usually rename common mods, I mirror, to make sense to me, in case I look in future and try to figure out what file is what (and also for alphabet sorting).

I'd be curious if anyone that crashes frequently, if removing that mod makes any noticeable difference. Lairs are quite different than most things in game. Perhaps bypassing the game mechanics and forcing it to load/appear might be an issue. Perhaps you crash when you are near a lair under construction, etc, shrug.

I don't everyone with that mod would crash while rezzing, but I do know one person that said it stopped after removing mod. Could be other unknown circumstances and scenarios of crashes, too.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information