Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turn Down Spellbind/Mez affects for Gruk and Daknor

Default Turn Down Spellbind/Mez affects for Gruk and Daknor

The spellbound or mez that Gruk and Daknor is game break. It can freeze you to 1 min or 2 mins. Something needs to be done to tone it down. It's actually game breaking. It needs to be more balanced.

Default Re: Turn Down Spellbind/Mez affects for Gruk and Daknor

I believe the goal of the mechanic is for the group to have a sorcerer - who can cast Clarity - with them. Insofar as I know, the mez becomes a nonissue once you have that, for Daknor anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    I believe the goal of the mechanic is for the group to have a sorcerer - who can cast Clarity - with them. Insofar as I know, the mez becomes a nonissue once you have that, for Daknor anyway.
    Gruk can do something too but worse he spawns adds and it last longer than Daknor's but not everyone can get a sorcerer. But still its kind game breaking how long it makes you freeze up.

Turns out for Daknor its not only spellbound but another move called Petrified II and its worse than spellbound.

Leave them their attacs as they are- they have them since the very beginnings-

and we fought and defeated them just as long.

Like Alisto said- a sorcerer will solve all probs- but even without, a well balanced and well equipped group,
    with the right tactics and the right attack type- should have np to kill this 2 Lesser.
    At least- we do not have any probs!.
    Biggest prob with Daknor is to find him^^-and pls consider-
    the reward is a VERy precious item- which should not be given on a golden plate.
    We never had any probs with Gruck- take attacs away from him- he might be soloable.

btw-if we have no choice: We rather take a sorcerer with us than a healer--it works better.

( meet me ingame for more infos,Zyrim:-) )
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I have to agree with Zyrim. I cant count how many battles group just stood there,petrified for minute,staring at each feeling "wtf?". and then you can attack maybe for 20 seconds before another mez lands. I could almost hear collective sigh of disappointment from groups.
    perhaps don't take them away but make those abilities only daknors and gruks (so peds mezzes stay as they were) and lower their durations.

Another method for fighting them,if you cant bring sorcerer. let one of gruks or daknors adds live so they break the mezz.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

I've only ever been on two Daknor hunts, both times with a Sorcerer I believe. I don't remember the hunts being particularly difficult.

But I will say this: nobody wants to hunt Daknor. Ever. Because Sorcerers are rare and even if one happens to be online, they might not want to go hunting at all. Every other epic, I've been on hunts for each of them at least a dozen times, and several of them a good few dozen times. Compare that to just two hunts for Daknor and zero for Gruk. The need for a Sorcerer makes a Daknor hunt nearly impossible to find.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    I have to agree with Zyrim. I cant count how many battles group just stood there,petrified for minute,staring at each feeling "wtf?". and then you can attack maybe for 20 seconds before another mez lands. I could almost hear collective sigh of disappointment from groups.
    perhaps don't take them away but make those abilities only daknors and gruks (so peds mezzes stay as they were) and lower their durations.

Another method for fighting them,if you cant bring sorcerer. let one of gruks or daknors adds live so they break the mezz.
    The peds ones are fine and shouldn't be changed. Just Gruk and Darknor. It's worse for Gruk cause he cause that petrified or no movement to kill you and spawn adds.

These are Daknor's attacks that freeze you:
    Code:
    Name: Spellbound IV 
    Description: Mesmerizes the mind leaving you totally actionless and still. 
    Effects: 
    Prevents any actions
    Limits Fly Speed to 0
    Limits Speed to 0
    Removed after 2 hits taken 
    Duration: 0:30 
    Requirements:  Current school Level Minimum (17)
    Code:
     Name: Petrified II 
    Description: You are petrified in fear and cannot move! 
    Effects: 
    Prevents any actions
    Limits Fly Speed to 0
    Limits Speed to 0 
    Removed after 5 hits taken 
    Duration: 0:30 
    Requirements:  Current school Level Minimum (17)
    I know this but it seems like it doesn't add up. I don't mean make it easy just little more balanced. Gruk is more a problem than Daknor that's cause Gruk can literally spawn adds. Gruk is the main problem .
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; July 16th, 2015 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Leave them their attacs as they are- they have them since the very beginnings-

and we fought and defeated them just as long.
    "They've always been this way" is not a valid reason to keep enemies as they are, especially if their attacks render a solo player incapable of defeating them. Your suggestions involve another player, and with the playerbase being as small and limited as it is, that is not a valid suggestion anymore. It might have been back where there were more than 20 people around at any given time, but it isn't like that now.

If a boss can't be handled solo or with a small group, something needs to change, especially since some players prefer to play solo anyway.

As Mach said, the fact that a sorcerer being required to hunt this particular monster really limits the viability of anyone doing it. Maybe the frequency of the stun can be adjusted, make it so that they use it less often. Let's support our solo players and small group hunts.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    "They've always been this way" is not a valid reason to keep enemies as they are, especially if their attacks render a solo player incapable of defeating them. Your suggestions involve another player, and with the playerbase being as small and limited as it is, that is not a valid suggestion anymore. It might have been back where there were more than 20 people around at any given time, but it isn't like that now.

If a boss can't be handled solo or with a small group, something needs to change, especially since some players prefer to play solo anyway.

As Mach said, the fact that a sorcerer being required to hunt this particular monster really limits the viability of anyone doing it. Maybe the frequency of the stun can be adjusted, make it so that they use it less often. Let's support our solo players and small group hunts.
    Exactly, and its also the fact now some bosses summon on adds like Gruk, which makes Gruk the Frigid is a pain to fight even with a small group, but seems like his mez/petrified is worse than Daknor's. I need to get group that will take Gruk and watch his buffs and debuff effects on the players for feedback to know exactly, but also now Gruk is in the deadlands before he was near the imperial outpost this changes things drastically, location makes a difference. The current bosses that summon adds are Gruk the Frigid, Avatar of Pain, Reklar General Plaguebearer, and Shaloth the Queen.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; July 16th, 2015 at 07:27 PM.

But I will say this: nobody wants to hunt Daknor. Ever. Because Sorcerers are rare and even if one happens to be online, they might not want to go hunting at all. Every other epic, I've been on hunts for each of them at least a dozen times, and several of them a good few dozen times. Compare that to just two hunts for Daknor and zero for Gruk. The need for a Sorcerer makes a Daknor hunt nearly impossible to find.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I don't hunt Daknor because he's only good for one quest in the entire game - Ceremonial Scale/Shield. As for Gruk, I can't recall anything he's used for.

Up until (imo) recently, the mez wasn't really a problem because it broke on one hit. So, if you got attacked, you were fine. With Spellbind and Petrify taking multiple hits before they poof...I'm in favor of just adjusting the mobs' abilities so that they don't take as many hits to remove - 1 hit for both Spellbind and Petrify (for the boss mobs specifically) With the abilities' effectiveness being reduced, perhaps have them proc a debuff/damage when removed/the duration runs out/Clarity prevents them?

On a side note, insofar as I know, both effects can be dispelled. There's no reason why the one free member in the group (the mobs have got to be attacking -someone-) can't free the rest, Cleanse III has a relatively high chance to work.

IIRC the range of the abilities isn't all that far. Have your healer stand back and cleanse/heal.

They've always been this way" is not a valid reason to keep enemies as they are, especially if their attacks render a solo player incapable of defeating them
    Pardon my assumption, but I think the point lov was trying to make is that the mobs have been this way for a -long- time, and we've been killing them anyway, so thus a change to make them easier isn't needed. I agree that they need to made less of a pain in the butt, but definitely not easier. A while ago I know of two dragons who duoed Daknor, though admittedly with PV scales (was a while back, really, my memory as to the scales and whatnot might be incorrect).

when I said those lesser bosses haven been like that that since the beginnings- and that we defeated them just as long-
    I only wanted to point out, that even back then- it was a challange at first- but when you know how-to- its was no prob at all.
    And we did not have all that powrfull stuff which is ingame now, like that new superscales- all new techs and crystals aso. *Shruggs* There is even a " how to fight Daknor" in wiki or this forum. And back then we had NO sorcerer- and today we have a sorcerer only if Lup is in the mood to change school- which he rarely is^^
    But anyway- I think I missed the most important point: Bosses should be soloable- or only a small group needed...
    Well that is something very different - this is not what I am talking about, when I speak of good equippment, good preparation for battle,
    well thought tactics. This is a new game then. A game for Solo players- Well then

Edit
    Alisto- saw your post too late: All signed- thank you for READING what I wrote- ,-)
    And jfyi: We do all Lesser and Greater Bosses regulary- just for the daily and weelky quests.
    And for the fun - the fun to play with friends- all experienced players- who love to fight and test things in group. Or to teach noobies the tricks and tactics.
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; July 16th, 2015 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    Exactly, and its also the fact now some bosses summon on adds like Gruk, which makes Gruk the Frigid is a pain to fight even with a small group, but seems like his mez/petrified is worse than Daknor's. I need to get group that will take Gruk and watch his buffs and debuff effects on the players for feedback to know exactly, but also now Gruk is in the deadlands before he was near the imperial outpost this changes things drastically, location makes a difference. The current bosses that summon adds are Gruk the Frigid, Avatar of Pain, Reklar General Plaguebearer, and Shaloth the Queen.
    Again- No idea where the prob with Gruk could be. Exept that I can`t solo him- but that was never my intention..
    And Reklar is spawning adds??
    And Shaloth`s adds are np since last fix

Epics should absolutely NOT ever be soloable by the average player. That would make the title of Epic a lot less meaningful. Though I do agree that small groups should be able to take them down- and they already can be taken down by small groups. Don't make the epics easier, they don't need to be.

Daknor is only a problem because a sorcerer is pretty much required, sorcerers are rare as I said, and as Alisto pointed out he's only useful for one part of one quest and nothing else. Sure for epic tokens but with the variety of other epics to choose from that don't require a sorcerer, why would you ever hunt Daknor?

To solve the problem, I do think making the stuns/mezzes break on one hit would suffice as Alisto suggests or limiting the frequency where they're actually used. I don't think adds should really be a problem, they certainly aren't with anchor fights.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

And Reklar is spawning adds??
    He walks around with two ads, but they don't respawn. Probably what was meant by that.

In one fight with Reklar in group I was in, which took longer than usual he spawned a new add some time after it was taken down. I was also surprised when I found this out about Reklar. I was like what the heck, Reklar spawn adds? It only happened once.

But I agree with Machaeon the limited time and limited hits are what needs changed for stun/mezzes/petrified. I don't want total removal I only want it balanced it bit cause what will be the challenge if it was completely removed. Also, I don't think Lesser epics should solo able by normal means or average player cause then what's the challenge?
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; July 16th, 2015 at 11:02 PM.

"They've always been this way" is not a valid reason to keep enemies as they are, especially if their attacks render a solo player incapable of defeating them.
    They are not meant to be solo'd. And both can be defeated without a sorcerer.

Daknor is easy because the mez breaks with a few hits. Healer stands 17m away, never gets mezzed. Attacker can be a dragon, paladin, or any other armor'd class. Only need 1 plus the healer. The group is only needed for the adds at the beginning. And the healer if they are multiclassed with druid, can stun the adds while they are killed (first). Adds are the toughest part. If your healer doesn't have druid, you are not ready to be fighting Daknor. Go back to school.

Gruk's nasty dot has to be healed through. Take a healer. Sorcerer need not apply.

If you know what you are doing, they are both easy. And surely a healer is easier to find than a sorc.

Flame and me killed Gruk this morning- 2 (both strong with primal) drags- 1 healer (Flame`s biped Lupus). it was an easy thing.
    We shall try to duo him (drag /biped or drag/drag) during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Flame and me killed Gruk this morning- 2 (both strong with primal) drags- 1 healer (Flame`s biped Lupus). it was an easy thing.
    We shall try to duo him (drag /biped or drag/drag) during the day.
    I see I'm curious the debuff Gruk does to freeze you. If you can see since it shows buffs of monsters and debuffs now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    I see I'm curious the debuff Gruk does to freeze you. If you can see since it shows buffs of monsters and debuffs now.
    sorry we ve been too busy to look at that- but WE stunned him with dragon fear from the first contact- so he did not freeze us 1 time.
    So he could not heal his companions-

We`ve NOT been able to duo him- whatever we tried- but we managed to attract Gruk AoP and Daknor with 1 pull^^
    omg- sudden death^^

Thread Information