Thread: Client 388.31.0

Default Client 388.31.0

Just got the new Cient from blight to try on chaos. I run 2 monitors with 2 toons and with this new client one monitor is always froze up. What ever one I have active is fine and the other one is froze, when I move my mouse to it and click on it, it works again, but the one I left is froze. Really sucks for running 2 toons. If I have one toon on follow it follows along on the screen that's active, but is froze in place on the not active screen. Then I activate it and it jumps to where the toon is. Old client worked fine for 2 screens.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Default Re: Client 388.31.0

Tried to edit but was to late

The game also hangs on "Final Cleanup...." when I shut the game down, have to manually close the window. FYI I am using Windows 10 and Nvidia GT720 video card.

DEV: This issue has only been reported by Windows 10 users and affects other applications. If anyone experiences this issue on non-Windows 10, please uses the Blinky Markup.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; August 10th, 2015 at 05:32 AM.

I got the same hang after exit

Also the gameplay aint smooth. The graphic is hitcing
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Have the same problem with freezing windows. If an Istaria window doesn't have focus, nothing moves or updates. Once it has focus things update and move again. Both of my Istaria windows will freeze if I put the focus on a third window, like a browser. Nvidia GTX 960 card running two separate Istaria executables.

I don't have the shutdown cleanup problem.

DEV: This is supposed to be a feature so that when Istaria doesn't have focus, it uses much, much less system resources. Is it not desirable?
    Last edited by Yfelvik; August 10th, 2015 at 05:34 AM.

Forgot to say i got the freezing window problem to.

Also running Nvidia GTX 960

The "freezing when not in focus" was an intended feature of 388.81 according to the patch notes: http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=635

This is good for reducing the amount of memory Istaria eats up (I think, I'm personally not noticing much of a difference except 33% CPU when not-focused and 51% CPU in-focus). Unfortunately, I don't think players that run two processes of Istaria at once, for dual-logging characters, were considered. Perhaps we can have "Only render graphics when Istaria has focus" as a toggle-able option in the graphics menu, dev team? That way people who only run a single process/are not bothered by this change can still have this option.

Also, for personal input, I like to craft on one monitor while watching shows/typing to friends on the other, so having Istaria stop rendering when it's not in focus means I can't see when to switch nodes. ^^
    Last edited by Kida; August 10th, 2015 at 04:25 PM.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by damger View Post
    DEV: This is supposed to be a feature so that when Istaria doesn't have focus, it uses much, much less system resources. Is it not desirable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think players that run two processes of Istaria at once, for dual-logging characters, were considered. Perhaps we can have "Only render graphics when Istaria has focus" as a toggle-able option in the graphics menu, dev team? That way people who only run a single process/are not bothered by this change can still have this option.

Also, for personal input, I like to craft on one monitor while watching shows/typing to friends on the other, so having Istaria stop rendering when it's not in focus means I can't see when to switch nodes. ^^
    Beat me to it.

I tend to have my character windows side-by-side when fighting mobs together. I haven't actually tried the update just yet, but I can get an idea from reading responses here. It sounds like a great idea on paper, but not really in practice with dual logging. I also sometimes just have a video or drawing over my Istaria window when crafting, so I can see when to swap nodes around. If Ista freezes when not in focus, then I'd have to constantly check back to see when to swap, as Kida mentioned.

I really like the idea behind it of conserving resources! It can come in useful if I'm just holding one character somewhere while the other catches up, or just have one on autofly/follow - would help with the lag from that. A toggle would certainly be awesome. If it has to stay or go, though, I'd say go - it's more of a pain than a virtue on dual logging, unfortunately.

I missed that "intended feature" in the patch notes, so thanks for bringing that up.

If they leave that in then I will be done with Istaria. I pay for two accounts to get added enjoyment out of the game and equip my computer accordingly to handle the loads. If the devs are going to artificially limit processes this way, then my enjoyment of the game is severely restricted and effectively makes my play style unplayable.

Please reconsider, Devs,

Ah - thank you very much for the feedback. The client is already scheduled for release tomorrow, but the devs understand. A hotfix will be released very shortly so that when Istaria doesn't have focus, it continues to render at full frame. Sorry that got missed in the Blight testing.

You could consider not patching on Tuesday and waiting for the hot fix (within a day).

388.32.0 has just been patched to Blight with the fix Yfelvik mentioned above.

What about the "hithing" flickering gameplay?

The flickering you're seeing is likely related to the frame rate smoothing introduced with this change:
    - High FPS Causes Actions to Drop

So while actions are now visible consistently, it can cause some flickering. The devs are continuing to work on this problem.

Thanks Yfelvik

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    Ah - thank you very much for the feedback. The client is already scheduled for release tomorrow, but the devs understand. A hotfix will be released very shortly so that when Istaria doesn't have focus, it continues to render at full frame. Sorry that got missed in the Blight testing.

You could consider not patching on Tuesday and waiting for the hot fix (within a day).
    Thank you. Yfelvik. Y'all are the best.

The fix for dual monitor wielding was completed and released on Monday. Fix is looking good and is now part of the patch set for today, August 11, 2015.

You Devs are the best, thank you very much for the quick fix.

Been dual logging with 2 monitors for awhile now, the frame rate on the unfocused monitor still drops real low (at least it don't freeze any more). When traveling as a group with my level 100 toon set to follow my level 50 toon (speed is less than half of the 100 toon), my level 100 toon on the unfocused monitor can't keep up. Run a short distance and because of the frame rate drops so low (as low as 6 FPS) the toon falls behind to the point of loosing contact for follow to work. The frame rate also causes lag when fighting. Before this change everything worked fine. Was hoping there was some setting I could change to fix this, but can't find anything.

Thread Information