Thread: New Crafting Window Suggestion

Default New Crafting Window Suggestion

I was thinking about how handy right-clicking/double-clicking resource nodes ended up being, as it saved me a couple hotkey bars and cut out that tedious step of activating the right ability. Had an idea for something similar in usefulness that might be able to be implemented, though I'm not sure how doable it would be. So here's the suggestion:

Double-clicking a crafting station/machine would bring up a new window called "Formula Selection", which can look similar to the "Product Selection" window that's brought up when you double-click a formula in your knowledge window.

The key difference is that the new Formula Selection window would check to see what formulas your character has scribed that use the double-clicked machine. So, for example, double-clicking a Gem Cutting Bench would bring up a window showing Beginner/Journeyman/Expert/Master Cut Gem, Beginner/Journeyman/Expert/Master Tri-Cut Gem, etc., only showing what the character has scribed that utilizes a Gem Cutting Bench, of course. Selecting a formula would bring up the Product Selection window as usual, then leading to the Item Creation window.

I think this would be a great addition because it means I wouldn't have to scroll/search through my Formulas window, or fill up multiple hotkeys with the many formulas I use when crafting basic components.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Default Re: New Crafting Window Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    I was thinking about how handy right-clicking/double-clicking resource nodes ended up being, as it saved me a couple hotkey bars and cut out that tedious step of activating the right ability. Had an idea for something similar in usefulness that might be able to be implemented, though I'm not sure how doable it would be. So here's the suggestion:

Double-clicking a crafting station/machine would bring up a new window called "Formula Selection", which can look similar to the "Product Selection" window that's brought up when you double-click a formula in your knowledge window.

The key difference is that the new Formula Selection window would check to see what formulas your character has scribed that use the double-clicked machine. So, for example, double-clicking a Gem Cutting Bench would bring up a window showing Beginner/Journeyman/Expert/Master Cut Gem, Beginner/Journeyman/Expert/Master Tri-Cut Gem, etc., only showing what the character has scribed that utilizes a Gem Cutting Bench, of course. Selecting a formula would bring up the Product Selection window as usual, then leading to the Item Creation window.

I think this would be a great addition because it means I wouldn't have to scroll/search through my Formulas window, or fill up multiple hotkeys with the many formulas I use when crafting basic components.
    I think that's a good idea.

Default Re: New Crafting Window Suggestion

Seconding (thirding?) this. QoL is never a bad thing when it comes to improvements.

Thread Information