Thread: Myloc Trophies

Default Myloc Trophies

I have an idea why don't we use the myloc trophies for a vendor that gives out the old formulas that were discontinued like Dark Cyclone, or some other use cause they are from the hard myloc mobs and should be worth something special.
    We could use the Epic Vendor to use myloc trophies for Epic Spells like Dark Cyclone, Volcano, but also improve said spells too. Just naming ideas to find ways to make Myloc Trophies useful instead of them being discontinued and taken away.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Myloc Trophies

This is a bit off topic, but Dark Cyclone is discontinued? Since when? Am I that out of the loop?

On topic though - what do you mean by Myloc Trophies? Do you mean things like the Sacrificial Dagger (or Ceremonial Dagger? Can't remember the name) that they drop? If you mean literal trophies, their current use is just to sell for coin along with all the other T6 trophies. (I think)

Otherwise, mylocs aren't a super hard mob to beat. Ever seen people with the Myloc Slayer emblem? They've killed a few hundred of them. It's probably not wise to let Mylocs be a gateway into epic things, but improving would be interesting. Maybe myloc-themed tech kits that you can drag onto spells or something?

Sorry if I misinterpreted your post at all by the way. I'm just not really sure what you mean by their trophies.

I agree with Racktor here, Epic items/spells/whatever requier Epic questlines, not grinding.
    Now I know the old Dark Cyclone wasn't that much of an "epic" questline, but it still was no "get X amount of Y to trade in for Z"

The improving idea does tickle my fancy, but it's just too common of a drop to have any significance. and needing 100 of a common drop for an improvement sounds less appealing than needing, let's say, 10 of a relatively rare (ie. 4% droprate) drop.

By myloc trophies I think Zyrim meant Myloc gatherer leg,harbinger claw,hierophant blood and veteran vertebrae. They have no use beside pawn things. I agree that they could have some more use than just this and only idea I had in the past was to add them to Burris's list of hunted trophies. they are definitely more tough than other t6 monsters.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    By myloc trophies I think Zyrim meant Myloc gatherer leg,harbinger claw,hierophant blood and veteran vertebrae. They have no use beside pawn things. I agree that they could have some more use than just this and only idea I had in the past was to add them to Burris's list of hunted trophies. they are definitely more tough than other t6 monsters.
    That's what I mean to make those myloc trophies useful, I said about the spells as an example.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I was assuming they probably meant that, but the content of their post made me a bit confused since they're just trophies in the end.

Anyway, I know Mylocs are pretty tough and certainly in the tougher end of T6 monsters. But still, epic items/spells shouldn't be received just through a bunch of hours of grind, you know? Retired items/spells or not, it's maybe not the best idea. They're called epic for a reason and should be tough to get, and I wouldn't really consider "tough" multiple hours of grind in the Doom against Mylocs.

I still do like the idea of improvements. However, I have to wonder - what's different about Mylocs from other T6 monsters, other than being tougher, that inspired htis idea? Why not make all T6 trophies able to be converted into some sort of themed tech kit, since they are tough monsters, after all? Just not epic worthy, imho. I can imagine a pretty neat tech kit from chasing after Blight Hounds, for example - a 1% chance per 10 hits of firing off a Faffy-esque mini-nuke ability. Wouldn't do 3,500 damage of course, but maybe ~500. And of course, would take a lot of killing the Hounds to get. (It'd be pretty dangerous after all.)

Orrr... maybe for Reklar, be able to make something that is tech'ed onto a spell that has a change to proc his Terrifying Roar effect. (Turns something into a wisp for ~30 seconds, probably would have to make it much shorter though for a tech. Or make the change tiny.) Not sure what trophy that'd come from, to be honest, but hey. Maybe his guards? Then again, they don't have trophies. Hmmm.

Before I derail the thread though, have a TL;DR - I stand by my point. Getting epics by farming non-epic monsters shouldn't be possible, no matter how tough Mylocs may be. However I would like to see the T6 trophies - Myloc ones, yes - be used for something to tech onto other spells, scales, or armor, or epic items/scales/armor. Would give more of a reason to farm them than coin, which could probably be received more easily elsewhere anyway. (Rhahool's junk items from t5-t6 mobs, for example. Certainly less deadly.)

Edit: Zyrim beat me to responding. I fully agree with giving the T6 trophies a point beyond coin - that's a good idea, I never opposed that. Just the example of epic items being traded for the trophies irked me slightly.

Edit 2: I never realised Myloc trophies were discontinued, I missed that in the original post. I'm a bit all over the place, it seems. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I was assuming they probably meant that, but the content of their post made me a bit confused since they're just trophies in the end.

Anyway, I know Mylocs are pretty tough and certainly in the tougher end of T6 monsters. But still, epic items/spells shouldn't be received just through a bunch of hours of grind, you know? Retired items/spells or not, it's maybe not the best idea. They're called epic for a reason and should be tough to get, and I wouldn't really consider "tough" multiple hours of grind in the Doom against Mylocs.

I still do like the idea of improvements. However, I have to wonder - what's different about Mylocs from other T6 monsters, other than being tougher, that inspired htis idea? Why not make all T6 trophies able to be converted into some sort of themed tech kit, since they are tough monsters, after all? Just not epic worthy, imho. I can imagine a pretty neat tech kit from chasing after Blight Hounds, for example - a 1% chance per 10 hits of firing off a Faffy-esque mini-nuke ability. Wouldn't do 3,500 damage of course, but maybe ~500. And of course, would take a lot of killing the Hounds to get. (It'd be pretty dangerous after all.)

Orrr... maybe for Reklar, be able to make something that is tech'ed onto a spell that has a change to proc his Terrifying Roar effect. (Turns something into a wisp for ~30 seconds, probably would have to make it much shorter though for a tech. Or make the change tiny.) Not sure what trophy that'd come from, to be honest, but hey. Maybe his guards? Then again, they don't have trophies. Hmmm.

Before I derail the thread though, have a TL;DR - I stand by my point. Getting epics by farming non-epic monsters shouldn't be possible, no matter how tough Mylocs may be. However I would like to see the T6 trophies - Myloc ones, yes - be used for something to tech onto other spells, scales, or armor, or epic items/scales/armor. Would give more of a reason to farm them than coin, which could probably be received more easily elsewhere anyway. (Rhahool's junk items from t5-t6 mobs, for example. Certainly less deadly.)

Edit: Zyrim beat me to responding. I fully agree with giving the T6 trophies a point beyond coin - that's a good idea, I never opposed that. Just the example of epic items being traded for the trophies irked me slightly.

Edit 2: I never realised Myloc trophies were discontinued, I missed that in the original post. I'm a bit all over the place, it seems. xD
    That is an interesting idea a tech kit from blight hounds, I like that, and there is blight hound trophy but only used in unsung hero.

Trophies have only ever been for exp and coin, or the occasional quest item.

I wouldn't be against putting those on the imperial outpost vendor who will take 5 of them for an imperial token. He currently only takes trophies for the spirit swamp WA mobs like the ogre toes, zombie medic eyes, etc.

I wouldn't use them for techs or epic things though, they aren't too difficult to farm. Just sell them to a trophy hunter, who should pay more for them than even a t6 pawn would.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Trophies have only ever been for exp and coin, or the occasional quest item.

I wouldn't be against putting those on the imperial outpost vendor who will take 5 of them for an imperial token. He currently only takes trophies for the spirit swamp WA mobs like the ogre toes, zombie medic eyes, etc.

I wouldn't use them for techs or epic things though, they aren't too difficult to farm. Just sell them to a trophy hunter, who should pay more for them than even a t6 pawn would.
    Yeah, but these are from myloc and should be held to a higher stand, but I agree nothing epic. Maybe some new tech kits but tech kits should require some kind of tokens, not the trophies, you get the tokens from the trophies for the tech kits.

How about change all 4 trophies (Myloc gatherer leg,harbinger claw,hierophant blood and veteran vertebrae) into one: Myloc Heart and make it a Go Bag quest at Burris. Reduces useless loot and gives it a new purpose. Of course drop rate would need to be adjusted.
    Last edited by Tilithia; January 15th, 2016 at 04:11 PM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

How about change all 4 trophies (Myloc gatherer leg,harbinger claw,hierophant blood and veteran vertebrae) into one: Myloc Heart and make it a Go Bag quest at Burris. Reduces useless loot and gives it a new purpose. Of course drop rate would need to be adjusted.
    I agree with that.

Awww, but then we could not build a myloc abomination from the parts... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Awww, but then we could not build a myloc abomination from the parts... ;-)
    Very interesting idea. Maybe the parts assembled into a Myloc combat pet, perhaps something like this:

Not saying it's considered, but this was a thought off top of my head. The myloc trophies, x amount of each type to "build" it.

Technically, the mentioned drops are really just junk loot, meant to be sold off, but the idea of building a myloc pet (with some special buffs) sounds neat.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I like the idea of a myloc pet, maybe shrink it down some more.

But making it from trophies... wouldn't that be a frankenstein of a myloc? Maybe just put one on loyalty vendor for sale? Give it some t6 level buffs/effects too. Those current ones seem like t1 pets

I like the idea of a myloc pet, maybe shrink it down some more.

But making it from trophies... wouldn't that be a frankenstein of a myloc? Maybe just put one on loyalty vendor for sale? Give it some t6 level buffs/effects too. Those current ones seem like t1 pets
    yeah, get another combat pet for loyalty tokens! /sarcasm

I'd love to see a combat pet available that wouldn't make it take longer to min-max a new character. though I agree with Guaran, shrink it down a lil', make it a mini Frankenstein's Monster Myloc.

Also, on why I think this is better than a loyalty token pet, Mylocs are confirmed to be thinking creatures, okay so maybe it's one that strayed from the hive (though, hivemind....hmm don't think so). I'm not saying the frankenstein makes more sense, but heck, we've gone around and resurrected parrots!

First craftable pet! (Alisto thought of mechanical hatchling). Why not? Formula could drop from queen or epic vendor. Yes please yes that would be amazing.

Lol. Well the point I was trying to make is that to me an "Alive" pet shouldn't be craftable. Any of the animal type creatures just doesn't make sense that it is crafted. That's why I was saying that you perhaps Tame one somehow. The robot pets, sure that could be crafted, and possibly rock and crystal creatures like azulars seem like they could possibly be crafted. But not mylocs, spiders, sheep, wolves, etc type pets.

I'm not at all against pets like those. Just don't craft one out of body parts (eww).

So for those pets that are based on live creatures, perhaps it could be a quest to tame one. Maybe we craft a trap, or craft a lure (to take craft of the crafting aspect), or something along those lines, then go out and "use" the trap, quest has you wait 30 minutes, then prompts you to go back and check the trap. And you go and find your pet.

I do think it's the start of an interesting idea, having the pets with some sort of beneficial properties. The "Live" pets could require the occasional feeding (would work like charges), and Confectioners could craft the pet food. Using the pet food (or actually using the pet while having the food 'charges' with you) 'feeds' the pet. And over time the charges count down just like the blighted weapons charges did. Once its out you feed him again. =)

Lol. Well the point I was trying to make is that to me an "Alive" pet shouldn't be craftable. Any of the animal type creatures just doesn't make sense that it is crafted. That's why I was saying that you perhaps Tame one somehow. The robot pets, sure that could be crafted, and possibly rock and crystal creatures like azulars seem like they could possibly be crafted. But not mylocs, spiders, sheep, wolves, etc type pets.

I'm not at all against pets like those. Just don't craft one out of body parts (eww).

So for those pets that are based on live creatures, perhaps it could be a quest to tame one. Maybe we craft a trap, or craft a lure (to take craft of the crafting aspect), or something along those lines, then go out and "use" the trap, quest has you wait 30 minutes, then prompts you to go back and check the trap. And you go and find your pet.

I do think it's the start of an interesting idea, having the pets with some sort of beneficial properties. The "Live" pets could require the occasional feeding (would work like charges), and Confectioners could craft the pet food. Using the pet food (or actually using the pet while having the food 'charges' with you) 'feeds' the pet. And over time the charges count down just like the blighted weapons charges did. Once its out you feed him again. =)
    I like that idea. I am thinking maybe even tame some other creatures like blight hounds, maybe something special for named creatures like Fafnir the Defiler.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    I like that idea. I am thinking maybe even tame some other creatures like blight hounds, maybe something special for named creatures like Fafnir the Defiler.
    actually, way back when I tried to get the idea of Epic Pets recognised, perhaps as a really rare (non-attuned) drop from the chests you get from fighting an epic mob (no idea whether they are unique to the mobs, I haven't hunted since the change tbh), or perhaps even from a rather long quest-line, but I've recieved 0 feedback from any dev so I have no idea whether it was picked up or not.

for the questline, again, it could be that you'd need a special drop to be able to get the questline (like the hidden confectioner quests), yes this is kinda vague, but the item could state that someone is clearly interested in it.

Thread Information