Thread: Crystals for Tools and Armor

Default Crystals for Tools and Armor

I know its an old bug but it is very irritating. I can exchange 1 crystal in a tool and no problem. If I try to do more than 2 or 3, I always get the error "I am too far from structure". I am exchanging crystals in tools or armor inside my backpack not in some structure. The only way I can get by this is to relog after I get this error. Whenever I try to exchange more than 1 crystal, whether in same tool or in different tools, I get this error. Nothing will allow me to continue except a relog. Is there any way around this error? How do other people move things around? How can I be too far from structure if I am doing it in my backpack? Any way, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Slimey on Order

Default Re: Crystals for Tools and Armor

Never encountered this error but did encounter something similar with sockets not showing up, or showing full when they were empty, crystals not showing up, etc.

Had to relog every time.
    rip

Relog is one way but there are 3 more ways to work around it. One is to move unwanted crystal to another tool (if it has a free socket hopefully). 2nd an 3rd way the tool would have to be empty of crystals. The way is to put the tool in a storage or trade to another person and trade back.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

I recall this happening sometimes over the years, but not very often. I was trying to swap out different crystals on my triple socketed Mithril Mining Pick. I couldn't get it do give me that error. If it can be reproduced consistently it can be fixed.

You said backpack, does this mean your regular inventory or are you doing this inside of a backpack pouch (such as steelsilk backpack pouch)?

If anyone can reproduce this consistently, can you list exact steps?

Or if it's a hit and miss and you think you might be able to do it during a session, then perhaps enable support logs and send those in, zipped up, in a support ticket. You can enable logs two different ways. Before logging in, tick Support logs on Troubleshoot button. After login, Options, Options tab, Enable debug logs box (note that will become unchecked when you log out).
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I change crystals in and out a lot, seems to be hit and miss. When it don't work the tool will show the crystal as still in it, even thou its not. I just drop the tool in any building and back to my pack and its good to take a new crystal. Sometimes can even put it in a pouch in your pack and back out and its fine. I have all my tools in a pouch. The problem is that the crystal stats don't come off the tool some times when you take the crystal out.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

If you guys can try to play with support (debug) logs on and can capture that happening, please log off right after it happens and zip up your logs. That would likely have the key to fixing the issue

Not in a pouch. In my backpack or inventory is the only place I can change crystals. This is the way it has gone all day for me. I have a tool in my inventory, select tool, open configure crystals, remove 1 or more crystals and place in inventory. Get new crystals and place 1 or more into said tool. So far so good. If I try to go beyond 1 to 2 crystals or open a new tool to place new crystals, I always get the error message "you are too far from structure to do this". This happened every time today as I tried to upgrade my tool crystals. Only 2 ways around this error, 1: relog 2: stop doing crystals and do something else. Happened all day so I have moved to something else. I will try the place in storage and remove routine and see how that works. Thanks. A question: Where did you get your steelsilk backpack pouch formula from? I am lvl 100 in all crafts but can only make ironsilk pouches. Slimey on Order

Steelsilk pouch formula can be bought in aughundell from outfitter or tailor trainer,cant remember right off.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Slimey View Post
    Where did you get your steelsilk backpack pouch formula from? I am lvl 100 in all crafts but can only make ironsilk pouches. Slimey on Order
    Huma Clothspinner in Aughundell sells Pouch Patterns. Seems to be the only way to make Steelsilk Pouches since there's no "Master Fabric Backpack Pouch" formula, despite there being Beginner/Journeyman/Expert ones.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

There is no master Fabric Backpack Pouch formula (uncolored), but can make the colored steelsilk ones with the Master Colored Fabric Pouch formula (Huma).

I suppose it seems more logical that the Colored Fabric Pouch should be called Colored Fabric Backpack Pouch, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    There is no master backpack pouch formula (uncolored), but can make the colored steelsilk ones with the Master Colored Fabric Pouch formula (Huma)
    That formula works too. I find it funny that there's an uncolored "Steelsilk Backpack Pouch" in the primitive IDs, so it's in there somewhere, just no way to make one. :P

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Thread Information