Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crystallized Golem

Default Crystallized Golem

This is going to come off more as a rant than a suggestion, but I do want to raise some points on this guy.

For the love of Istara, please, fix this guy.
    Whilst I was hunting for the Shards of Faces for RoP, I noticed that not only does the Crystallized Golem spawns/wanders outside of the inner circle of the meteor, he also appears to have a +50 range aggro radius.

In itself this isn't too bad, he's only 5 levels higher, has 2.5k health and all that, however, one of the downsides is: you could be fighting a Guardian of Faces, and out of nowhere you get bashed for 400+ damage because this bugger here decided to aggro on you when you can't even see him. But still, that's okay, they're technicly part of one of the biggest quests in-game.

But, because the Guardian of Faces drop Guardian Golem Chips (Tier 3 tech component*), the aforementioned RoP reasoning is pretty much a moot point, people want to get appropriate techs at the appropriate levels, but when 7(!) techniques are pretty much blocked by what at that level can nearly be considered a lesser epic, well I think you see my point.

My suggestions?
    -Stop him from spawning/wandering outside of the meteor. (27780/20630)
    (alternatively)-spawn more Guardians in the outer ring.
    -lower that insane aggro range.

I see no reason to weaken the actual golem, as he is an important quest monster. but please do something about the points I brought up.
    ________
    *Guardian Golem Chip:
    -1-H crush III
    -Augmentation III
    -Foraging III
    -Spellcraft III
    -Slash Ward III
    -Blight Poison III
    -Shocked III
    Last edited by meepsa; September 6th, 2015 at 11:02 AM.

Default Re: Crystallized Golem

Actually I second meepsa I noticed this as well, he is very aggro and attacks from very long range. I noticed you don't even seem him coming sometimes. I believe some balancing should be in order. There needs to be more Guardians too.

I Agree with you Meepsa actually, because i did this part of the AoP and had like 6 Golems from 55 Meters just aggro, They all did, that far away, I think he should have lower Aggro too, You can hit him 30 Meters away from the rest and they will Aggro and attack you, I dont even see him coming half the time as you said.
    Order: (AlaeNymVoarx) - 79/72/32/1 - Helian Drake. This Drake is found on the Order Shard

Thank you Elteria for making my Sig for me!

Glad to see this is not just me imagining things hehe.

Upon looking at it some more, it appears his aggro range is a whopping range of 60! (effectively the whole impact area of the meteor if he stands in the middle if I'm not mistaken) this is double of what a basic bolt spell usually is, and the longest reaching dragon ability is just short of 50. I doubt there's even a single attack with an attack range this far.

I also noticed that indeed, the Guardians of Faces also share this incredibly high aggro range.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    Glad to see this is not just me imagining things hehe.

Upon looking at it some more, it appears his aggro range is a whopping range of 60! (effectively the whole impact area of the meteor if he stands in the middle if I'm not mistaken) this is double of what a basic bolt spell usually is, and the longest reaching dragon ability is just short of 50. I doubt there's even a single attack with an attack range this far.

I also noticed that indeed, the Guardians of Faces also share this incredibly high aggro range.
    Yes they sure have a very high Aggro, I've helped a few Hatchies with that part of the RoP and You get that Crystalized Golem in the middle or even away from the Guardian's of faces they still Aggro along with him as well, I've tested this a 100 times, not one time I've gone to the Meteor without fighting 2-5 Golems at a time, Doesn't matter much if you get them be themselves they still Aggro at least for me they do, but i see your Point to why you brought this up, and I'm glad you did. I believe their Aggro needs turned Down abit, bad enough it takes a good minute or two for about 3 golems and they Spawn quickly, soon as they Spawn they are in the fight with you again. So Yeah, +1 them being Lower Aggro, at least enough to where you dont have a Golem Frenzy in your face all the time.
    Last edited by AlaeNymVoar; September 6th, 2015 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Fixed a Typo.
    Order: (AlaeNymVoarx) - 79/72/32/1 - Helian Drake. This Drake is found on the Order Shard

Thank you Elteria for making my Sig for me!

Yeah I agree with you Meeps... Remember that section of RoP when I first did it on Mach taking about 10x longer than it should have because I was hunting solo and when I did manage to pull a guardian of faces off all on it's own, I'd often be ambushed by the Crystallized Golem when he inevitably wandered within 60m of me and I'd either have to frantically kill him if I had enough health to last the fight or run for my life when I didn't.... and more often than not I had to run.

Even when I'm helping hatchlings with this part of RoP, I'll have to kill Crystallized Golem between 5 and 15 times before they loot the 5 shards of faces... so it makes the next step of RoP: kill the Crystallized Golem more than a little redundant.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

It depends which server board I think is which.

I agree with Meepsa, he's an absolute pain in the butt.

I still don't see the reasoning as to why he spawns freely now, though, anyway... he used to be summoned from the RoP quest that needs him. Is he even needed for anything beyond the RoP?

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I agree with Meepsa, he's an absolute pain in the butt.

I still don't see the reasoning as to why he spawns freely now, though, anyway... he used to be summoned from the RoP quest that needs him. Is he even needed for anything beyond the RoP?
    I can answer the spawning thing.
    If you failed to kill him, and recalled, he'd be gone the moment you got back (if I'm not mistaken). but from what I know, most of the other "bosses" that have this mechanic have some sort of fail-safe now, wonder if this guy could get it.

and yup, no other use than RoP.

I think a good solution would be to turn down the respawn timer. It's currently pretty fast, same as Guardian of Faces 2-3 mins. I've studied many other RoP mobs (not bosses, just regular, but tough mobs) and they seem to be on a 10-20m respawn timer.

What if the crystal golem respawn timer was turned down, thus when he's killed, you have more time to kill the Guardian of Faces to collect comps (if that's your mission), before it respawns. But still fast enough for folks on RoP to have it respawn within 10-20 mins.

Agro range is 45 for crystal golem, not outrageously high, because of the large region's perimeter area, but devs might be willing to turn down to 40. I find it easiest to sit at the east side of Meteor Crater, on road (beside the two grayish rocks - entrance). I don't really have an issue pulling them from this camp spot around 27724, 20588. You have to be patient and wait for the faces to come to you, while they're patrolling.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    What if the crystal golem respawn timer was turned down, thus when he's killed, you have more time to kill the Guardian of Faces to collect comps (if that's your mission), before it respawns. But still fast enough for folks on RoP to have it respawn within 10-20 mins.

Agro range is 45 for crystal golem, not outrageously high, because of the large region's perimeter area, but devs might be willing to turn down to 40. I find it easiest to sit at the east side of Meteor Crater, on road (beside the two grayish rocks - entrance). I don't really have an issue pulling them from this camp spot around 27724, 20588. You have to be patient and wait for the faces to come to you, while they're patrolling.
    The respawn timer fix would help quite a lot, thank you.

I honestly can't believe it's just 45 though, I've repeatedly seen him running straight for me while I was at 55-60 range, and that's just the range he was at whilst running at me already. However, the decrease in range is still appreciated.

Any word on potentially limiting his wander region to just the inside of the crater? (original post has co-ords for where I've seen him wander outside)

Overall, thank you very much for taking a look into this Cega! ^^

They are social, the Guardian of Faces can call for help from the Crystal Golem. I suspect thats why you think the agro range is much larger, perhaps attacked a Guardian of Faces within the range of the Crystal golem. Similar to the Ogre and Pygmy relationship, hard to pull one without the other.

He could be made to stay inside the crater, but when I did RoP years ago, I recall that I waited until he wandered outside the crater and was able to attack him without any adds and I was done pretty quickly. So that can be an advantage, too. They'll all wander sometimes on the road on the east side of crater. So not sure if leaving him in the center would be a good idea for those doing solo. They'll all come and assist each other as they'd be in range
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 7th, 2015 at 06:20 PM.

You might be onto something. After testing a bit more, that agro could've been around 55-60, despite it saying 45. Let me dig into this more as this could affect other things, like the range of Blight Hounds and Fafnir near the T6 clothworking center.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 7th, 2015 at 07:15 PM.

You might be onto something. After testing a bit more, that agro could've been around 55-60, despite it saying 45. Let me dig into this more as this could affect other things, like the range of Blight Hounds and Fafnir near the T6 clothworking center.
    ah it's great to see that there might be a bigger issue underneath it! or well...it's great that you figured it out!! ^^;

Maybe all mobs need checked, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    Maybe all mobs need checked, too.
    I'm getting a feeling that this only really happens with social mobs (as Fafnir apparently suffered from the same problem), so perhaps not all. (feel free to correct me though Cega ^^; )

And if Anchors suffer from this I definately wouldn't want them to be "fixed" as that would propably make them solo-able again/more.

Nothing like that. It's actually an agro range formula, in the sim code, that slides based on rating of mob vs your rating. Differences in ratings affect the agro ranges. Devs are close to wrapping up changes to where it's predictable and obey certain rules and never exceed the agro range intended. So if it's set at 45, as in the case of this golem, then 45 will be the max, not higher, ever. I'm pretty excited about this upcoming change. This will cover ALL mobs
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 10th, 2015 at 03:22 AM.

That's good news. No more having fafnir target me from across the field. So will it allow the mob groups to have their own individual aggro ranges allowing for a degree of variance from the current across the board ones? Say for ex. two different types of pygmies can have different aggro ranges?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I think a good solution would be to turn down the respawn timer. It's currently pretty fast, same as Guardian of Faces 2-3 mins. I've studied many other RoP mobs (not bosses, just regular, but tough mobs) and they seem to be on a 10-20m respawn timer.

Seems an agreeable solution. The respawn timer alone will make a big difference.

He's only got 2.5k now? Aww.. used to be 35k

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    He's only got 2.5k now? Aww.. used to be 35k
    Aye, they changed a lot of the mobs for RoP when they switched most of everything to Trandalar, including mister hits you outta nowhere :P I'm glad I atleast got to experience the old RoP (with Kaa and Lem in ED and WD) atleast once

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    That's good news. No more having fafnir target me from across the field. So will it allow the mob groups to have their own individual aggro ranges allowing for a degree of variance from the current across the board ones? Say for ex. two different types of pygmies can have different aggro ranges?
    Each mob group has always had it's own agro range; two different pygmy groups can have different ranges. Fafnir will be less cranky when you're at the clothworking center. Just dont' stand on the road, about half way from the ramp to the road and you're ok.

It might be easier to do that infamous run from Kion to Dalimond/Bristugo that low level players usually rush so they can hurry up and attune to portal

The changes are on Blight server now, but not Live Shards yet. This isn't a client update, but a sim update, so no new istaria.exe for this change.

Off topic, but the many year old bug of trying to eat food after dying and recalling has finally been fixed (You can not eat while in combat feedback message)!

Thread Information