Thread: PVP?

Verminaard

Default PVP?

Hi folks.
    i played horizons about 6 months ago but sacked it off due to the fact that there was no PVP and that the mobs would not auto-aggro players (well they never aggrod me!) I was just wondering if this has been changed? Is there any PVP in horizons now, or is there any plans to bring it in any time soon? Thanks

Default Re: PVP?

I don't know what type of monsters you fought, but not all of them were, or are, automatically hostile towards players. In the old world, maggots, gruoks and red spiders being some of the most common low-level examples.

Anyhow, Horizons has no PVP still. While the developers do have entertained some thoughts concerning it, any plans would now be on a back burner until the post-chapter 11 and server merge stuff gets sorted out. I'm pretty confident that majority of current players is agaisnt unrestricted PVP; it is one thing that has drawn a good number of us to this game. If the devs recognise this, they will never implement a full, unrestricted system. Instead, as they have mentioned in the past, it would be an arena-type thing.

Implementation of any sort of PVP mode is not on developer "list of things to do in the immediate future".

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

bigswifty

as I recall from my last trial, higher lvl mobs do agro, I used to have a screenie of my hatchling getting pwnd by agroup of 15-20 lvl 60 mobs, lol I was dead before the cap finished.

but I do remember most things over noob island stuff (maggots and zombies) going agro if you got too close, and higher ones going agro from considerable distance

as far as pvp goes, I expect that everyone is too busy fighting the WA to worry about killing each other, although it would be neat if you could align yourself with the WA and thus be succeptable to attack like any other mob.

also pvp could be a way to kill the apparent end game that ancient drags currently suffer, just think of it, you are the big bad fire breathing dragon and now you can be a huntable mob, or even someones quest target. or you can burn towns down and eat small children and dwarves and hack off the players near your lair, of course you will be either hunted down for your efforts or bribed by the local guild to stay away from town

well you wanted something more then glorified chat you drags :)

Certain monsters, such as Golems, Wolves, and Reanimated's have ALWAYS been aggressive. While a good number of others aren't :)

There has been a Colluseum built just outside of tazoon walls, there has been talk that "one day"/ IF there is pvp it would be in a controlled environment, one being the Colluseum. However there is alot on there list to do and I know thats not really on it now.. maybe later next year or so.. I know next year there is ALOT planned for released including pets and transportation (the boat at the dock in Dalimond for instance ;) )

ACOLYTE

OMG I still would like PvP!! Even arena style... Sadly I don't see it in the near future. [:(]

timothy burton

Yes PVP would bring in so many people to Horizons. Lineage II is PVP and you can't walk two foot with out seeing someone. And with all the stuff you can do on horizons pvp would put it over the top. But it would need to be a good pvp system. And to let you turn it off if you don't like pvp. The fact is people Love pvp. When the game gets out kill your buddy:)

just to put in a voice of one..

[N]NO!!!!! [N]

to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus Hocken
    just to put in a voice of one..

[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-45.gif[/img]NO!!!!! [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-45.gif[/img]

to pvp.
    agreed ... I too chose Hz because of the distinct lack of PvP ... however I am prepared to tolerate PvP in a strict Arena environment ONLY if Hz decides to implement it in the future AND ONLY if it does not detract from the server's capacity to run the rest of the non-PvP aspects of Hz.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Thread Information