Thread: Idea on stone flooring flickering

Default Idea on stone flooring flickering

Heya! I would like to read some opinions, preferably from the officials on that.

Whenever you place two same-kind floorings overlapping each other, the client renders it with flickering. Let's take the Stone Flooring Obsidian as example. You want to create a curve or some diagonales with two or more floorings. You will need to overlap those partially. After building you see the overlapping areas do flicker. By the way you can see that issue on my plot in Harro@Order.

If you combine floorings with different textures (ex. Stone Flooring Sand and Stone Flooring Jungle Grass) the overlapping areas result in a pure mess. You see both of them in contrast. I think noone likes that on his plot.

The idea: add flooring heights
    Some of the floorings do have different heights. Tile floorings are generally a little taller than Stone floorings. I guess that's by design and it enables you to create walkways over different stone floorings. Because there seems to be some kind of 'height system' already, could it be enhanced to work around the overlapping issues, especially when using different textures? Players are able to decide which floorings should have the 'priority' by increasing or lowering their heights.

In short:
    - the planning tab gets an option added: height (ex. 0 to +4 from plot's base height)
    - applicable only to stone floorings, not tile floorings

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Default Re: Idea on stone flooring flickering

Even 0.5 change in height would fix that. Flickering is annoying. Id let both flooring types have the option though.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Thread Information