Thread: Heal Recycle III causes Regrowth spell infinite loop [Resolved]

Default Heal Recycle III causes Regrowth spell infinite loop [Resolved]

Another long standing issue that devs have squashed in an upcoming Simulation update.

Regrowth 3-5 teched with Heal Recycle III (-10 to recycle). Regrowth has a 10 second delay and the Heal Recycle causes a zero delay. This tricks the spell to behave like a Bolt (Flame, Prime Bolt, etc) which repeats over and over until stopped. It'll just now cast once like it's suppose to.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Heal Recycle III causes Regrowth spell infinite loop

I always just teched it with recycle II and that worked also

Might as well redo those spells with Heal Recycle III vs II since they aren't bugged anymore.

----------------

Prior to the fix, a Group Regrowth idea was tossed. Since it's a 10:00 buff, I can't really see a reason for 0 recycle unless you are trying to quickly buff or re-buff an entire group quickly. If you only need to buff/rebuff yourself every 10:00 then that seems the only reason why you'd use a tech like Heal Recycle.

It seems a Group Regrowth would eliminate a need for Heal Recycle and maybe a different tech could be used instead?

I'm not saying it's being considered, but was tossed up in discussion, would like yhoughts of the good, bad or the ugly from this, anyone?
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

That could be interesting, a group regrowth. But really the spell is best used by 'generally' solo players. I say this because it doesn't stack with either the dragons refreshing breezes (which are aoe) or some other biped hots, the ability Growth. Those all heal for different amounts so its hard to know whether to bother using regrowth.. and you have to be careful, since once regrowth is on, the others fail to land, including the dragon breezes (which I think heal better).

So, having a group option could be bad. I use my quickening breeze, and then a ped in the group uses group regrowth and I get a crummy hot overwriting mine. I'd be ticked. If it didn't overwrite the dragon breezes, then I would say ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    That could be interesting, a group regrowth.
    If it didn't overwrite the dragon breezes, then I would say ok.
    I fully agree with Guaran. Does this spell make sense? Are there biped only hunting groups nowadays? On Order we usually have 2/3 dragons and 1/3 (or even lower) bipeds online. Most groups have several dragons joining in and the dragon breezes are fine.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    I fully agree with Guaran. Does this spell make sense?

I agree here. Why not just put xGenerateHealthx back into game. Its pretty much exactly what you are describing.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

That would be useful for smaller hunting groups that consist of bipeds only.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Don't forget: the rangers are getting a group regrowth ability aswell.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Thread Information