Thread: Dragon wants to specialize

Default Dragon wants to specialize

This is partially inspired by Guarans thoughts on dragon adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Dragons =! Bipeds. Yet Bipeds have more Strength, Power, Focus, Dexterity. Typical biped has 1000 of each with slight multiclassing of Warrior, Monk, Mage, Healer, and can swap 2 of those schools for craft schools. What stats do Dragons get from their 3 craft schools? Zilch.
    Dragons suck very very badly at crafting. today when I have choice of crafting on dragon and ped (both maxed),I always choose biped,unless I need to craft scalepacks or scales. First quick overview

Dragon Crafter:
    smelting 8
    scalecrafting 8
    gemworking 8

essence harvesting 7
    essence shaping 8
    mining 7
    quarrying 7
    Base stats: dex,focus,power,str are all at 5 for all craft schools, 7 for dragon adventurer.

My idea is to give dragons specialize craft schools so they can somewhat compete with bipeds:

Dragon Scalecrafter current->future
    smelting...........8->10 strength and power 9, dex 9
    scalecrafting.....8->11
    gemworking......8 ->9
    11*100= 1100+200 (teched gear)=1300+33 (t6 cog)=1333+90 (t6 scaleforge)=1423. This is 2 points away from making teched T6 scales at optimum. If this included stats it would be optimum. But as you can see this is still barely and t6 or t5 machine is a must.

Dragon Gatherer:
    essence harvesting..7->10 str 10,power 8
    mining...................7->10
    quarrying...............7->10
    Essence harvesting: 10*100=1000+200 (teched gear)=1200+33(T6 cog)=1233 I don't know whats the optimum for gathering t6 resources but that should be plenty.

Dragon Spellcrafter:
    essence shaping.....8->10 power 10,focus 9,str 8
    spellcraft...............8->10
    stoneworking.........8->10
    10 in Spellcraft would be enough to make most spells,biped included,at opti and would not require T6 machine.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Tilithia; January 13th, 2016 at 02:34 PM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Default Re: Dragon wants to specialize

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    This is partially inspired by Guarans thoughts on dragon adventurer

Dragons suck very very badly at crafting. today when I have choice of crafting on dragon and ped (both maxed),I always choose biped,unless I need to craft scalepacks or scales. First quick overview

Dragon Crafter:
    smelting 8
    scalecrafting 8
    gemworking 8

essence harvesting 7
    essence shaping 8
    mining 7
    quarrying 7
    Base stats: dex,focus,power,str are all at 5 for all craft schools, 7 for dragon adventurer.

My idea is to give dragons specialize craft schools so they can somewhat compete with bipeds:

Dragon Scalecrafter current->future
    smelting...........8->10 strength and power 9, dex 9
    scalecrafting.....8->11
    gemworking......8 ->9
    11*100= 1100+200 (teched gear)=1300+33 (t6 cog)=1333+90 (t6 scaleforge)=1423. This is 2 points away from making teched T6 scales at optimum. If this included stats it would be optimum. But as you can see this is still barely and t6 or t5 machine is a must.

Dragon Gatherer:
    essence harvesting..7->10 str 10,power 8
    mining...................7->10
    quarrying...............7->10
    Essence harvesting: 10*100=1000+200 (teched gear)=1200+33(T6 cog)=1233 I don't know whats the optimum for gathering t6 resources but that should be plenty.

Dragon Spellcrafter:
    essence shaping.....8->10 power 10,focus 9,str 8
    spellcraft...............8->10
    stoneworking.........8->10
    10 in Spellcraft would be enough to make most spells,biped included,at opti and would not require T6 machine.

Thoughts?
    Okay well also going off Guarans words. Why do you need to compete with bipeds when its "two different games".
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Not bad. Don't forget Dragons have the mastery quests, that add +1 skill per level for harvesting, processing, scalecraft, spellcraft, lairshaping, crystalshaping.

I think the one nice thing splitting out the craft schools could do, would be to add to the base stats the way bipeds craft schools do. Weaver gives 10 dex/level, Fitter 10 str/level.

So if they split them out, could also add better stats/level

Dragon Scalecrafter could have 10 str/level
    Dragon Spellcrafter could have 10 power/level
    Dragon Crystalshaper could have 10 focus/level (give the existing class a bit something more)
    Dragon Gatherer could have 10 dex/level

In general the classes could give 9 skill/level for the skills they specialize in with the exception of skills currently getting 10/level (lairshaping skill for lairshaper, crystalshaping skill for crystalshaper), as those are meant to be above 1000 after doing the mastery quests, although I would also consider bumping Scalecraft to 10/level in the specialized school as well.

That would put she skills at 10/level after factoring in the mastery quests, scalecraft would be bumped up 1/level, lairshaping and crystalshaping skill levels would be unchanged (as they are already specialized schools).

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Okay well also going off Guarans words. Why do you need to compete with bipeds when its "two different games".
    Please try to contribute constructively, rather than argue against something solely because I was the one who proposed (the thought behind) it.

The crafting game is a 3rd game if you think about it. There are no "balance reasons" crafting for one side would/should be more difficult than for the other, hence it can be left out of those discussions.
    Last edited by Guaran; January 13th, 2016 at 05:44 PM.

Because some choose to play dragon alone and you cant deny crafting with dragon is fairly hard at least gathering.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    Because some choose to play dragon alone and you cant deny crafting with dragon is fairly hard at least gathering.
    unless you make a scale set and do the crafting quests, then the only thing that's "hard" is essence gathering, and even that is, meh.

I actualy am allright with the idea, since using T6 machines in the end is a must-do thing, which I don't really apreciate.

Also theres the fact that bipeds can make like twice more crafting gear than dragons. Let's count, dragons use (Head, Chest, Back, Tail, Wing x2, Foreleg x2 and Hindleg x2, also this in mind if you're a higher lvl, lower levels can go blegh.) In total its 10 scales, and a claw of course. Now lets count bipeds, (Head, Mask, Chest, Back, Shoulder x2, Right Forearm x2, Waist, Legs, Feet, Arms, Hands, and some fancy shmancy Earing x2, Ring x2 and Neck. Beside of that you have your tool/bag.) So its like, 18 against 10? Without having in mind that you can't make capacity scales as long as I know, bipeds do. They have more stuff to craft tech than dragons do. They also use cargo disk and pet, which is fairly normal. Tho I don't really like the idea that they have almot half the stats more than dragons do and can even carry/make more stats for themselves.

Now I know, I KNOW, it's two different things. But if devs bothered enough to make both races to have cargos and pets and teched armor/scale, there should or either be more scales added, more stats added to the dragons or something. Because it's unfair to me at that point. Or just give dragons some new crafting classes.

Imagine a cooking dragon for instance, nom nom nom...
    Or imagine a dragon specialized on scalecrafting like armorer does.
    Or just lets go to a different universe and make dragons be like tinkerers, cuz why not? I've seen pleny tinkering/alchemist dragons in the RolePlay world.

And I know dragons are supposed to be kinda primitive against bipeds at that sense that they don't have the ability to make such refined stuff with their claws, but how come they can make socketed claws just fine? I mean, I don't think a dragon's paw is just that big and not complicated to carve like if it was just a plain container like a scalepack. No dear friends, they have also ability to make a lot of refined stuff. Of course, not in a players way, but look at the floating cities of Chiconis and Dralk and the lost Draak, how did they do that if it wasn't for some magic stuff? What about the crystal bridges leading to them? Their structures? It's not a hole inthe mountain for sure. I mean, you can carve and dig lairspace but that doesn't mean you cannot make machines within. Or you're telling me that they hire some biped to make the machines for them? Ridiculous, everyone knows no dragon sneaks a biped in their nest with the biped getting out alive, or, without missing limbs.

Lets be honest, devs have proved that dragons have more potential than just getting basic resources as stone, metal, essence and gems and process them with the crystalshaping class. And it is true that you can make shiny crystals to boost some of your stats up, but that's just some extra. It's more for battle that it is for crafting.

Now, I've mumbled around for a quite while now, but I want to get to the point where I started.

It is a fact that without T6 machines, dragons can go su.. ah.. make lolipop like a giant chicken's egg, but it is also a fact that most of the T6 used machines around when crafting, aren't the dragons one's since you all know, lairs are more up in the mountains, or somewhere afar in the side of a hill, but not in the plain view, also you have to drop down the spiral, and find the thing you're looking for, making some labyrinth like lairs impossible to use for crafting. Now, you use mostly/(only in my case) the biped plots. And even if not able to make said machines/shops, dragons could always at least, at least make portion of the construction mats needed for the plots to be build. Because only bipeds can fully make them. But it's true dragons can at least process the basic materials, but we get to the point of before. What came first the egg or the chicken? No T6 machines, hard like for dragons to work out better resources. No resources, no help on biped shops, no shops no help for dragons. And so on.

So as a resume, I do agree in increasing either the stats, or boost in some way dragon's crafting, because doing some masterity quests don't give mutch, having in mind that each masterity till X only gives you 10 more, and it doesn't stack, 20 replaces 10, 30 replaces 20, and what you get, like 100 only boost in the end, which isn't that mutch if you think about it.

So that is that my opinion about this.

*Flees to steal some fish from Pratt's pond*

The catch with this is not splitting the stat gains, that's the easy part. The catch is determining who makes what products and, most importantly, would splitting these up actually end up being any fun. One additional consideration that we always try to take into account (since 2007) is to try and avoid overlapping schools. So, for example, a small part of the original Confectioner plan called for some Dragon food making, but we decided it would detract from the player interdependence we were going for with the school revamp itself.

One area of overlap that is unfortunate is Dragon Crafters and Biped Spellcrafters. It is too bad they overlap and don't have a better distinction of products.

Gatherer is really your basic school along with some basic scales and spells. If you were going to split them up, you'd go with 2nd tier crafting schools such as Scalecrafter who specialized in your upper tier scales and a Spellcrafter (or perhaps a different name such as Runecrafter) to do your upper tier spells. And then Crystalshaper of course to do consumable crystals.

Is there room for other schools? If you could come up with sufficient products you might be able to work a school similar to Tinkerer, but for Dragons. Afterall, you do have Nielenoss in-game who does that sort of thing already.

Please don't take any of this as fact or as a plan, I am simply musing and commenting on posts already in this thread.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Yeah I was thinking about the current overlap myself.

My idea would be to convert the DRCA school into the Scalecrafter school, and either take away or make much weaker the gathering and processing skills for gems, stone, bars, essence, and Salvaging. Those skills would get moved to the Gatherer school, which sort of be like Miner, plus half (biped) Gatherer.

Spellcraft (and Transmutation, just thinking of where to put that) would be moved to a new dragon spellcrafter school, it could also have much weaker gathering and processing skills, or none at all.

Lairshaper and Crystalshapers in general wouldn't need any changes, except perhaps the stats given per level being adjusted.

Dragons use Scalecraft skill to make Cargo disks. So I suppose the tinkering portion could just be left as is, and keep that based off Scalecraft. There wouldn't really be a need for a full tinkering school for dragons since we don't need cargo gear.

Or I suppose the generic school we have now could be kept, likely lowering the skills per level in everything (sorta like a blacksmih), and make the Scalecraft school new as well. If we did anything like that, the Mastery quests would be moved to their associated schools and all not offered to DRCA. Well, would want to likely do that in any event. So the Mining, Smelting, Stoneworking, Quarrying, Ess Harvesting, Ess Shaping, gemworking masteries would get offered to Dragon Gatherers only. The Scalecraft Masteries would be given out to Dragon Scalecrafter, and Spellcraft mastery would be given to Dragon Spellcrafter.

The Lairshaping and Crystalshaping masteries can likely stay as is, both given to Lairshapers. If that seems odd, not moving Crystalshaping mastery to Crystalshaper, think about it like this. A Crystalshaper without high level Lairshaper, can already make all the consumable crystals up to t6. But for lairshaping, a higher crystalshaping skill is more important. So being given a crystalshaping mastery to Lairshapers is still fine, Lairshapers do use that skill when building lairs, and it's more needed by that school.

We don't have a Transmutation mastery, so nothing to do with that. The only thing I am not sure what to do with, is which school would be offered the Dimensional pocket quests. Actually those could be offered to any dragon craft school as long as it had the proper level.

All the masteries should stay as is, passive ability that all the craft schools can make use of. You wouldn't want to not get the Mining mastery benefit when in Scalecrafter. Comparison would be all the biped skills which are usable to then boost other schools. This is how they already work, just pointing out that because I suggest the mastery is "Learned" by a certain school, that I mean that the other schools do not get its' benefit.
    Last edited by Guaran; January 13th, 2016 at 09:45 PM.

I agree with Guaran, spliting only some portion of the school not everything from it.

It would give dragons also some challenge, since you cap at 100 and only have 3 crafting schools to max, this way you could end up doing something more than just bending roofs at NT while all is already capped.

Is there room for other schools? If you could come up with sufficient products you might be able to work a school similar to Tinkerer, but for Dragons. Afterall, you do have Nielenoss in-game who does that sort of thing already.
    A crafting school dedicated to making(training?) pets? *cough* mechanical dragon hatchling *cough* pretty please.

I wouldn't say splitting the existing dragon school would be worthwhile... but I would say that we could definitely do with a dragon gatherer school to get at least on-par with biped miner/gatherers. You typically don't run into problems with dragon gathering... until you hit t6, then you realize how bad dragons are at gathering even with techniqued scales.

I'd certainly love to see new dragon craft schools, and a dragon "Tinkerer" would certainly be very fun to do IMO. Below is a very rudimentary suggestion for a new school. It's probably not as balanced as it should be but the numbers are only suggestions and would be up to the dev team to decide on the final numbers.

Primal Engineer - Specializes in harnessing primal energies to perform complex tasks.
    Primary skill: Engineering
    Secondary skills: smelting, stoneworking, crystalshaping, essence shaping
    Requirements to join: 20 Dragon Crafter, 20 Dragon Lairshaper, Dragon cargo disk quest completed
    Skill gain per level: 10 Engineering (Other skills at current values)
    Stat gain per level: 9 Dexterity, 9 Focus, 6 Health, 6 Power, 6 Strength

Existing formulas used: Metal Bar, Stone Brick, Essence Orb, Focused Azulyte, Energized Azulyte.

New formulas:

Stone Panel (Resource formula in beginner, journeyman, expert)
    Description: Used by Primal Engineers as a base for their creations.
    Skill used: Stoneworking
    Skill requirements to craft: T1 1-300, T2 300-525, T3 500-750, T4 700-975, T5 900-1200
    Products: Sandstone Panel, Slate Panel, Granite Panel, Obsidian Panel, Marble Panel
    Item requirements to craft: min 4/max 10 stone bricks of relevant stone type

Soldering Cable (Resource formula in beginner, journeyman, expert)
    Description: Used by Primal Engineers as a means to connect and secure the different parts of their gadgets.
    Skill used: Smelting
    Skill requirements to craft: T1 1-300, T2 300-525, T3 500-750, T4 700-975, T5 900-1200
    Products: Bronze Soldering Cable, Iron Soldering Cable, Silver Soldering Cable, Steel Soldering Cable, Gold Soldering Cable, Cobalt Soldering Cable, Platinum Soldering Cable, Mithril Soldering Cable
    Item requirements to craft: min 4/max 10 metal bars of relevant metal type

Engineering Recharge Kit (Resource formula in beginner, journeyman, expert)
    Description: Used by Primal Engineers to recharge depleted gadgets.
    Skill used: Engineering
    Products: T1-5 Engineering Recharge Kit
    Item requirements to craft: min 2/max 6 focused azulyte, min 2/max 6 essence orb of relevant tier

Tuned Azulyte (Resource formula in beginner, journeyman, expert)
    Description: Tuned into rare kinds of energy, these crystals are used by Primal Engineers to focus and control energy from the environment.
    Skill used: Crystalshaping
    Products: T1-5 [azulyte type] Brotherly Tuner, T1-5 [azulyte type] Decaying Tuner, T1-5 [azulyte type] Earthen Tuner, T1-5 [azulyte type] Ethereal Tuner, T1-5 [azulyte type] Speedy Tuner
    Item requirements to craft: min 1/max 4 energized azulyte, min 2/ max 8 focused azulyte, looted component of relevant tier and type

Primal Essence Extractor (Gadget formula in beginner only, quested form perhaps)
    Description: When activated, this device allows the user to extract rare and exotic essences from creatures.
    Skill requirement to craft: Basic 100-300, Improved 400-700, Refined 800-1000
    Products: Basic Primal Essence Extractor, Improved Primal Essence Extractor, Refined Primal Essence Extractor
    Item requirements to craft: min 1/max 4 Stone Panels, min 2/max 8 Soldering Cable, min 4/max 10 energized azulyte. Basic: sandstone/bronze/dim azulyte, Improved: granite/steel/glowing azulyte, Refined: marble/mithril/shining azulyte.
    Effect when used: Basic Extraction- Allows rare essences to be looted from T1 & T2 creatures. Improved Extraction- Allows rare essences to be looted from T1-T4 creatures. Refined Extraction- Allows rare essences to be looted from T1-T5 creatures.
    Notes: Basic will require your current level to be 20 or higher, Improved will require 40, Refined will require 80. The buff will last 1 hour and can be removed by right-clicking.
    Looted components will be Weak (T1), Mild (T2), Strong (T3), Potent (T4), Volatile (T5)
    • Essence of Brotherhood - looted from wolves and dire wolves
    • Essence of Decay - looted from blighted creatures
    • Essence of Earth - looted from golems (gem, metal, stone)
    • Essence of Ether - looted from enraged wisps
    • Essence of Speed - looted from

Pact Coordinator (Gadget formula in beginner, journeyman, expert)
    Description: When activated, this device allows group members to coordinate their attacks and increase their damage.
    Products: Weak Pact Coordinator, Mild Pact Coordinator, Strong Pact Coordinator, Potent Pact Coordinator, Volatile Pact Coordinator
    Item requirements to craft: min 6/max 12 Stone Panels, min 4/max 10 Soldering Cable, and 1 Brotherhood Tuner of relevant tier.
    Effect when used: Coordinated Assault (1-5) - Group members receive a __% damage boost to all attacks for 10 minutes. (T1 1%, T2 2%, T3 3%, T4 4%, t5 5%)
    Notes: Pretty self-explanatory, may or may not want this to stack with other % damage boosts such as the bots. To use the item, you must meet the tier requirement: T1 will require current adventure level 1 or higher, T1 will require 20 or higher, T3 will require 40 or higher, T4 will require 60 or higher, and T5 will require 80 or higher. Recycle time is 20 minutes on the item. Pact Coordinators lose 1 charge when used and can be recharged to a maximum of 20 charges with Engineering Recharge Kits. Coordinated Assault conflicts with Decaying Aura, Stonehide, Spiritskin, and Prime Acceleration.

Decay Reactor (Gadget formula in beginner, journeyman, expert)
    Description: When activated, this device sends out high-energy blighted particles to damage nearby enemies.
    Products: Weak Decay Reactor, Mild Decay Reactor, Strong Decay Reactor, Potent Decay Reactor, Volatile Decay Reactor
    Item requirements to craft: min 6/max 12 Stone Panels, min 4/max 10 Soldering Cable, 1 Decaying Tuner of relevant tier.
    Effect when used: Decaying Aura (1-5) - Damages enemies within a 10m radius every 10 seconds for 5 minutes. (T1 4-6 blight damage every 10 seconds, T2 6-10 blight damage every 10 seconds, T3 10-16 blight damage every 10 seconds, T4 16-24 blight damage every 10 seconds, T5 24-34 blight damage every 10 seconds.)
    Notes: Provides low damage over a relatively long period of time to add up to a respectable amount of damage. To use the item, you must meet the tier requirement: T1 will require current adventure level 1 or higher, T1 will require 20 or higher, T3 will require 40 or higher, T4 will require 60 or higher, and T5 will require 80 or higher. Recycle time is 20 minutes on the item. Decay Reactors lose 1 charge when used and can be recharged to a maximum of 20 charges with Engineering Recharge Kits. Conflicts with Coordinated Assault, Stonehide, Spiritskin, and Prime Acceleration.

Stonehide Generator (Gadget formula in beginner, journeyman, expert)
    Description: When activated, this device immobilizes the user while increasing their armor and giving a 70% chance to intercept attacks against them.
    Products: Weak Stonehide Generator, Mild Stonehide Generator, Strong Stonehide Generator, Potent Stonehide Generator, Volatile Stonehide Generator
    Item requirements to craft: min 6/max 12 Stone Panels, min 4/max 10 Soldering Cable, and 1 Earthen Tuner of relevant tier.
    Effect when used: Stonehide (1-5) - Limits movement speed and fly height to 0, __% base armor, and 70% chance to intercept attacks for 2 minutes. (T1 105%, T2 110%, T3 115%, T4 120%, T5 125%)
    Notes: Self-explanatory, should conflict with other abilities that increase the chance to intercept attacks. To use the item, you must meet the tier requirement: T1 will require current adventure level 1 or higher, T1 will require 20 or higher, T3 will require 40 or higher, T4 will require 60 or higher, and T5 will require 80 or higher. Recycle time is 20 minutes on the item. Stonehide Generators lose 1 charge when used and can be recharged to a maximum of 20 charges with Engineering Recharge Kits. Stonehide conflicts with Pact Coordination, Decaying Aura, Spiritskin, and Prime Acceleration.

Spiritskin Generator (Gadget formula in beginner, journeyman, expert)
    Description: When activated, this device increases ethereal armor and decreases physical armor while doing a small amount of ethereal damage to enemies that hit you.
    Products: Weak Spiritskin Generator, Mild Spiritskin Generator, Strong Spiritskin Generator, Potent Spiritskin Generator, Volatile Spiritskin Generator
    Item requirements to craft: min 6/max 12 Stone Panels, min 4/max 10 Soldering Cable, and 1 Ethereal Tuner of relevant tier.
    Effect when used: Spiritskin (1-5) - T1: +40 Ethereal Armor, -80 Armor, 3-5 ethereal damage to enemies that hit you. T2: +80 Ethereal Armor, -160 Armor, 6-8 ethereal damage to enemies that hit you. T3: +120 Ethereal Armor, -240 Armor, 9-11 ethereal damage to enemies that hit you. T4: +160 Ethereal Armor, -320 Armor, 15-17 ethereal damage to enemies that hit you. T5: +200 Ethereal Armor, -400 Armor, 21-23 ethereal damage to enemies that hit you.
    Notes: Similar to Stonehide Generator. To use the item, you must meet the tier requirement: T1 will require current adventure level 1 or higher, T1 will require 20 or higher, T3 will require 40 or higher, T4 will require 60 or higher, and T5 will require 80 or higher. Recycle time is 20 minutes on the item. Spiritskin conflicts with Coordinated Assault, Decaying Aura, Stonehide, and Prime Acceleration.

Primal Accelerator (Gadget formula in beginner, journeyman, expert)
    Description: When activated, this device allows the user to tap into the primal energy around them, increasing their combat speed.
    Products: Weak Primal Accelerator, Mild Pale Primal Accelerator, Strong Primal Accelerator, Potent Primal Accelerator, Volatile Primal Accelerator
    Item requirements to craft: min 6/max 12 Stone Panels, min 4/max 10 Soldering Cable, and 1 Speedy Tuner of relevant tier
    Effect when used: Prime Acceleration (1-5) - Modifies delay by __% (T1 5%, T2 10%, T3 15%, T4 20%, t5 25%) for 10 minutes.
    Notes: Effect stacks with Gift of Alaricity/Primal Alaricity but lasts a much shorter time to give a quick burst of attack speed. To use the item, you must meet the tier requirement: T1 will require current adventure level 1 or higher, T1 will require 20 or higher, T3 will require 40 or higher, T4 will require 60 or higher, and T5 will require 80 or higher. Recycle time is 20 minutes on the item. Primal Accelerators lose 1 charge when used and can be recharged to a maximum of 20 charges with Engineering Recharge Kits. Prime Acceleration conflicts with Coordinated Assault, Decaying Aura, Stonehide, and Spiritskin.

Resource Duplicator (Gadget formula in expert only)
    Description: When used, this device gives the user a chance to duplicate a small amount of a resource for a cost.
    Skill requirement to craft: 900-1200
    Products: Resource Duplicator
    Item requirements to craft: 6-12 Marble Panels, 4-10 Mithril Soldering Cable, 4-10 Shining Energized Azulyte, 1 Duplicator Registration.
    Effect when used: 50% chance output double the amount of a resource put in (max of 100) at a cost of 1 silver per resource (maximum cost of 100 silver). If successful, you get double your input resource. If unsuccessful, you get out what you put in. [Example: You have 50 sandstone slabs in your inventory, you use the item, select sandstone slabs from your inventory, select 50 to duplicate, sandstone is temporarily removed from your inventory, success= 100 sandstone or failure= 50 put back in your inventory.]
    Notes: I'm not sure if this would be possible at all, but if it is, it would be a decent coin sink and something to aid those who don't like the gathering grind. This would only work on RAW resources, not processed resources. Recycle time is 5 minutes on the item. Duplicator Registration would be bought from the Engineer trainer(s).

Thoughts anyone? Not sure how balanced all this would be but I attempted to make everything "fit" with existing abilities. I'm not 100% sold on the naming of all the items myself... so there's definitely room for change there >.>

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

It depends which server board I think is which.

Frankly I'm not a fan of new dragon crafting schools (do we really suck that much compared to gathering? I mean, I can't dream of hitting opt on t6 gems even with t6 machines, but are we that bad at gathering? o-o honest question ), but just a suggestion, Mach - perhaps use the tinkering skill instead of engineering? It already exists, after all. I do really like the items you suggest, too.

However, I'm not going to really add a solid opinion here because I'm always going to be biased simply because I just dislike crafting >.>;

Oh yes, dragons are horrible at gathering.
    100 DCRA without mining scales on adamantium: 1, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0...
    100 Miner without mining suit on adamantium: 4, 8, 5, 3, 9, 7, 10 bonus resource!, 6, 2, 5...

I'd certainly be fine with using Tinkering instead of Engineering, just wouldn't want the school overlap there with Tinkerer.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    One area of overlap that is unfortunate is Dragon Crafters and Biped Spellcrafters. It is too bad they overlap and don't have a better distinction of products.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    100 Miner without mining suit on adamantium: 4, 8, 5, 3, 9, 7, 10 bonus resource!, 6, 2, 5...

I'd certainly be fine with using Tinkering instead of Engineering, just wouldn't want the school overlap there with Tinkerer.
    also, having tinkering would make it possible to scribe the tinkerer forms, as those are only limited by skill and not school if I'm not mistaken, best to make a new skill.

I wouldn't say splitting the existing dragon school would be worthwhile... but I would say that we could definitely do with a dragon gatherer school to get at least on-par with biped miner/gatherers. You typically don't run into problems with dragon gathering... until you hit t6, then you realize how bad dragons are at gathering even with techniqued scales.

I'd certainly love to see new dragon craft schools, and a dragon "Tinkerer" would certainly be very fun to do IMO....

Thoughts anyone? Not sure how balanced all this would be but I attempted to make everything "fit" with existing abilities. I'm not 100% sold on the naming of all the items myself... so there's definitely room for change there >.>
    Wow, really detailed ideas for new materials that sounds all tinkery

The end products you suggest don't really seem Tinkery tho. And we already have nice extra damage from consumable crystals. And Alchemists make potions. And I would hope that consumables with other effects would be put in in the form of new foods that CNF can make. I'm just not sure things for combat are really needed from tinkerer or fit with tinkering at least as we have had in the game so far.

Making crafted pets that fit the pet slot, or even crafted shoulder pets might be cool. If they had ideas for all that, and made a new dragon crafting school around tinkering, then the dragon cargo disks could also be added to this school.

On ideas for pets.... The robots are too gnome-like to me for a dragon to craft them. I think it would need to be something like pet Azulars. Only thing that seems to fit with Dragons that might be construct-able. maybe a pet Golem. But the pets like spiders etc based off animals, I can't see those being crafted. Tamed maybe. I'm not sure its enough to justify a whole school for. What other ideas are there for a Dragon tinkerer school... Perhaps make it a combo school that also lets dragons craft food consumables, such as Roast Deer that grants heightened senses (slight evasion boost). Stuff like that.

Also if it had some other boost to the dragons' stats, would make it something a dragon will want to do to gain the stat boost. 11 str/level?
    Last edited by Guaran; January 14th, 2016 at 03:23 AM.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I think what Amon meant by overlap is not so much the skills, but moreso the end products. If you require "Dragon Tinkerer" as a school to scribe X, Y, or Z form, then there won't be any overlap in the end products because bipeds can't scribe them after all. Thinking on it, though, I haven't really seen restrictions like that on forms... moreso equipment. I might be getting a little ahead of myself or mixed my thoughts.

Also, I've only ever mined with mining scales on so I've never honestly noticed, but that's definitely a difference. ^^; Again, I'm a ped newb

Thread Information