Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dev Raids!

Default Dev Raids!

Can we see more Random acts of Raids by epics in towns? I think people are getting way to relaxed around cities and the Withered Aegis are surely still active.

Would even like to see just a few lower level type withered aegis ie; skeletons, straw blights or what have you venture outside their normal realm and find their way to our cities.

Would like to see Reklar and Valkor released from their hole as well, let them Roam once more...

-Kor

Default Re: Dev Raids!

Quote Originally Posted by Korchak Strongbone View Post
    Can we see more Random acts of Raids by epics in towns? I think people are getting way to relaxed around cities and the Withered Aegis are surely still active.

Would even like to see just a few lower level type withered aegis ie; skeletons, straw blights or what have you venture outside their normal realm and find their way to our cities.

Would like to see Reklar and Valkor released from their hole as well, let them Roam once more...

-Kor
    I remember being in one as a Hatchling level 35 on the Order server it was a blood bath XD i admit i love the Dev raids made me feel like these raids ment if you failed in a week the town will be destroyed So your forced to give it all your effort to save it!
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

this would be neat, but from what I remember this is a VERY hands-on kinda deal (meaning they basicly have to interact with the system continuesly to make sure everything goes well) and from what I'm aware, there's only a very select group of devs still managing the game (and we don't have such a thing as GM's in-game either), I think I'd personally rather see that T3 revamp come up than a simple raid every few days or so.

I'm not saying I don't love the idea, I absolutely do, but with how I've been told the system is currently in place, it seems like it's too much work considering what needs to be done/is going to be done (T3 revamp, Unreal move)

Honestly i would not be so pumped about this....depending on how it was done.

Blight anchors are just a burden as it is (rarely enough people willing to take them on even when many capable around) so as long as it would not be t5 anchors attacking the usual places, i'd be willing to support this idea.

As far as epics leaving their spots go, remember that people have things to do other than fight epics so be careful there - not that sometimes i wouldn't enjoy it, i just wouldn't want relky pouncing on me when i came to augh for the mine, ya feel. (augh is the only t5 city aside delgarath...)

Speaking of delgarath...it's a good city to raid. In my opinion that is, considering the two questlines linked (dralnok's doom and the one ending with the GBA) fight epics anyway, and its a teeny lil hole in the middle of a heavily blighted area...would be nice to see something enter the gate now and then !

And as far as lower level aegis minor patrols etc go....yessssss! I'm very much in favour of this. Especially as it would be a great way to enforce threats in t4 and lower teired areas. Currently t5 has all the danger - the anchors and such - but t4 or lower? Sslanis' aegis sometimes go close to the city but that's really it.

I think it'd be fantastic to see a small patrol of t3 or low t4 bone-marrow-ish-guardian-things wander near kirasanct occasionally (it's a t4 city but has access to a few high end t3 mobs) to be sort of...a warning of valkor but not something that can particularly game-ruining? I'm not really sure what the lore is there, but something interesting i guess.

And maybe once in a while an evil robot (low t3) spawns in/near new rachival (it may or may not have been the gnomes fault...the authorites are sitll tracking down gangaf )...;P

Random small patrols of no more than 3 or 4 mobs of random aegis going towards cities like chiconis and dalimond too.

An aegr- something like a t4 voidmage + void creature occasionlly nearing feladan (reflecting the inactive blight portal near)

Ahah maybe i got a lil carried away there...but minor aegis attacks (keyword: minor) would be something i'd enjoy.

edit: (i have no idea about how the system works in terms of spawning eg. anchors so idk how well that'd go into the game)

I am supportive of this I was think maybe it could be a once a month thing. But I understand if it's not capable.

Bump. Anyone know if any sort of consensus came from this post?

Quote Originally Posted by Daewa View Post
    Bump. Anyone know if any sort of consensus came from this post?
    Sign me up, I wouldn't mind commanding the Withered Aegis Id use multiple tiers of monsters for low levels and high levels..
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    Blight anchors are just a burden as it is (rarely enough people willing to take them on even when many capable around) so as long as it would not be t5 anchors attacking the usual places, i'd be willing to support this idea.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    As far as epics leaving their spots go, remember that people have things to do other than fight epics so be careful there - not that sometimes i wouldn't enjoy it, i just wouldn't want relky pouncing on me when i came to augh for the mine, ya feel. (augh is the only t5 city aside delgarath...)
    In that situation, if a player hadn't been made aware of an attack via chat channels, they would find out on the first port in. All they would have to do is port out or recall if dead, change into hunting gear and come help, log a different toon to help, etc. It's not the end of the world if they miss 30 minutes of mining...

The raids are a link to back when Istaria was much more dynamic... much more fun, exciting, and something new or unexpected happened pretty often. It would be a far better world to play in, far more busy and populated, if the occasional raid happened.

The good news is that we have Avatar of Pain back, patrolling with his groupies. He was always dangerous to run into, glad to see he is again. I haven't mapped them out, but I hope his new patrol routes are really long, like they used to be. So spawn him down in the spirit swamp deadlands, patrol up and into Harro, then start a big loop going out and down to Old Oaks, then up to Mithrils Anvil, then head towards Aughundell. Walking right up to the gate. Then north to Winter Vale, over to Old Rachival, down and over to Morning Light, down to Delgarath, south along the road to Blackhammer Farm, and then down over the mountains to Harro again, then start the loop again (to Old Oaks, and on).

I say do it and do it big Fafnir, Gruk and Valkor all storming Bristugo... Shadow Dragon plus Selenia the Brilliant dropping in on Dralk, with Son of Gigaroth observing...

And Kion should be a target too "But some new player might stub their toe and get mad!" Whats much more likely is that new player will see the high level players come in and save the day, and they will want to be able to help. So they will stick around playing longer, multiclassing, so that next time they can jump in and help too. They then get more sense of accomplishment for the effort, and can go on to be veteran players themselves in a year.

And Kion should be a target too "But some new player might stub their toe and get mad!" Whats much more likely is that new player will see the high level players come in and save the day, and they will want to be able to help. So they will stick around playing longer, multiclassing, so that next time they can jump in and help too. They then get more sense of accomplishment for the effort, and can go on to be veteran players themselves in a year.
    I was lv 40+ spiritist when raids occurred xD i couldn't do much so i tried to walk to people and heal and rez dead bodies (and players were grateful!). it didn't discourage me,it did exactly what G said!

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Indeed the war is the central part of the Lore, we hear all the time how much of a threat the undead are and the Devs have made improvement with New Trismus they should definitely continue that theme throughout the rest of Istaria and T2-4 blight anchors with all the other baddies does seem like the way to go. there may even be people that devote their characters to a battlefield medic making Healer more fun/useful.

THANKS Ludwik!

horizons_1456444983.jpg

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

We had fun and group was full!

horizons_1456446810.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
    We had fun and group was full!

horizons_1456446810.jpg
    That was fun hehehehe.

His "Queen" is down! Grats group!

horizons_1456451360.jpg

We killed Sog and although Valkor spawned on top of his corpse,we prevailed......What an exciting night.
    oh god elial just appeared out of nowhere
    We won
    Last edited by Tilithia; February 26th, 2016 at 01:12 AM.

The winners are us

horizons_1456453091.jpg

Right behind you when you're not looking!

Wooo we won! But darn, can't see sun o.o
    Peds be too small on pictures with dragons xD
    Last edited by flamefeniks; February 26th, 2016 at 01:44 AM.
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

Excellent!

Next time, find some lowbie players, and drop the bomb =)

General Reklar was not very pleased with the outcome of yesterday's events, he is very grumpy today. He promises revenge, I've heard.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I was late to the show, but was nice to see a group and event taking place for a change. It was fun even though I was not able to participate. (Would have died to a stiff breeze anyway!!)

Hehehe SoG got smoked at Imperial Outpost.

Thread Information