Thread: 'Friends' setting for individual plot structures

Default 'Friends' setting for individual plot structures

Is there a way this could be implemented?

I want to be able to set up permissions on a plot so that some of the structures with a storage capacity can be accessed by the entire server. Easy, I just set plot permissions to 'allow all'.

But I also want the storage capacity on certain structures on the same plot to only be accessible to a named list of friends, who are not necessarily in the same guild as me.

There is no option to set individual structures to 'friends only' and therefore I can't do it.

Could this facility be added in?

Default Re: 'Friends' setting for individual plot structures

YES YE SY E S Y E S Y E SSSS-

Hee.
    I mean, i'd have issues with this if it chose all player lists to use. So, i'd desire the option to either have it pick a specific player list // or have a player list attatched to the plot (i.e. need to add names to the plots "friends list" instead of it using an already created list)

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    YES YE SY E S Y E S Y E SSSS-

Hee.
    I mean, i'd have issues with this if it chose all player lists to use. So, i'd desire the option to either have it pick a specific player list // or have a player list attatched to the plot (i.e. need to add names to the plots "friends list" instead of it using an already created list)
    The friends list in the plot permissions and it's a completely separate list you have to type in, it doesn't come from your Groups.

But the idea to be able to set the friends list in permissions, and then apply it in the same way that we can select "Guild only", would be quite useful. If they could add one more radio button in the permissions window, and then allow that friends list to be set by clicking some other button in the plot screen, it would be really nice.

My thought for this ability was to change the 3 radio buttons on the per building permissions to 3 check boxes.

Allow all
    Allow friends
    Allow Guild

If none are checked then only owner has access.
    If allow all is checked the others are redundant, but I don't think it is confusing.
    This also allows a friends plus guild option which you cannot currently achieve.
    It would require a bit in the building info to show if friends were allowed.
    The plot permissions page behavior needs to be changed so that it keeps the friends list around when friends only is not the overall plot option.

It is a real loss on my dragon lair not to be able to have the T6 smelter under the cobalt field be open to all, while other rooms vary between friends only and guild access.

I would simply ADORE an option to set the permissions on a structure to guild AND friends so my friends in different guilds can access all the storage that would otherwise only be guild-only or friend-only.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Nogala View Post
    My thought for this ability was to change the 3 radio buttons on the per building permissions to 3 check boxes.

Allow all
    Allow friends
    Allow Guild
    Your idea would be easier to use in the case of friends plus guild, but doesn't add anything beyond that:

This also allows a friends plus guild option which you cannot currently achieve.
    You can do that by just adding your guildies to your plots friend list

Depending on guild size, your idea makes it easier the larger the guild gets... Of course in the case of a guild with 200+ members that someone may now know who they all are, the Guild only option on personal plots could get iffy... do you really want to add access to some players you may not really know? We use Guild Only on the guild specific plots. Our personal plots we use friends list, adding guildies (the the friends list) as needed. (YMMV)

But if it could be safely implemented, i think it's a great idea.

In the past when changes were made to how plot permissions work, bugs were present and people got in to stuff they were not supposed to be able to get into. As long as it has airtight testing ahead of implementation, go for it.

Allow all
    Allow friends
    Allow Guild

If none are checked then only owner has access.
    If allow all is checked the others are redundant, but I don't think it is confusing.
    It would require a bit in the building info to show if friends were allowed.
    The plot permissions page behavior needs to be changed so that it keeps the friends list around when friends only is not the overall plot option.

It is a real loss on my dragon lair not to be able to have the T6 smelter under the cobalt field be open to all, while other rooms vary between friends only and guild access.
    I think the current system is not the most 'user friendly' option-wise, these changes would make it much more so, and be welcomed by myself for certain and I'm sure many others .. implement asap in my view.
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Thread Information