Thread: Avatar of Pain: Serious bugs.

Exclamation Avatar of Pain: Serious bugs.

This lesser epic mob known as Avatar of Pain is very buggy. He can be tougher than Reklar, Shaloth, SoG, Valkor, Fafnir, Surtheim, Gruk, Daknor, Both Greater and Lesser Anchors. The only mob that could be his equal is Memory of Elial or the Elial in the rift. This is not cause of Avatar of Pain himself but his insane adds. He can have up to 10 buddies with him usually two adds are Phantom mages but can be up to 3, and also cases with tons of Death Dealers. If you target any of them all of them will gang you at once. There is some major problems with possibly Avatar of Pain himself and his other mobs. I will give list of observations and restate some of what I mentioned above.

Observations:
    • Him and his buddies will chase you for a very long time, I seen it up to over 300 meters (estimated) chasing you. A nightmare for Bipeds.
    • I been witness personally to him and his adds tear a group of biped and dragons even with 5 people to shreds.
    • Some of his mobs are torn from him from long distances when they travel.
    • If seen they will chase you even if you a dragon flying and for a long distance and time.
    • He has 10 adds with him as I stated above plus 2-3 are usually phantom mages. Restating.
    • I seen him with 5 death dealers but there was probably phantom mages but two far back to notice cause of mobs torn from him.

Some of these observations may be bugs cause it's very usual compared to other epics and mobs. I still think he should be a lesser epic but he will need serious changes and changes to how and what his adds are, but right now if you face him I recommend a full team of 10 just to be safe, but note this is not always the case at all the times this is for the worst case. I will state again this is not all the time. Yes he is like this all the time but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be looked at cause there is some oddities here. If anyone else wants to test him or noticed anything else feel free to comment.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; February 4th, 2016 at 06:43 AM.

Default Re: Avatar of Pain: Serious bugs.

Zyr- pls allow me to disagree:
    AoP should not be changed-though-lol- he and his friends sometimes really are a challange.
    But we kill him regulary- and most of the time we win^^
    Its all a question of tactics and strategy: WHERE you pull him-WHEN you pull him and HOW to fight him.
    If you pull him in the wrong place, his followers will be filled up with other bored guys who look for trouble.
    Send a drag to scout and pull-use dragon crystals and never go without a sorcerer. Try areas and epics-
    you will find it works fine. We go with a healer and a sorcerer and fill up with dragons- but we are never a group of 10.
    Most of the time we are 5-7.
    So leave it a bit tricky- AoP is no quest mob (ok-a lesser epic) - you go for him just for fun.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

agreeing with Lov here, I've hunted him some times on blight (this was well over a few years ago though) and yes, he is hard, -but- he is the Avatar of Pain, makes sense tbh.

I actually see him (lore-wise) as higher up than most of the WA generals, or well, more like something from the realm of blight that acts purely on instinct rather than tactics and orders.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    .. He can have up to 10 buddies with him usually two adds are Phantom mages but can be up to 3, and also cases with tons of Death Dealers. If you target any of them all of them will gang you at once..
    That's normal behavior for Aop.

You should have played years ago when he patrolled a very large area in Eastern Deadlands and could get 20 marrows (Valkor's guards which do Ethereal damage) in tow sometimes. It was a real challenge (you would die a few times for sure) and we always had fun going after him.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Ahh, I remember when Mr AOP and his buddies patrolled just outside of Harro (when Harro was the place to be).
    Many time he would stray into the settlement and 'all hell' would break loose...........happy times

Zyr- pls allow me to disagree:
    AoP should not be changed-though-lol- he and his friends sometimes really are a challange.
    But we kill him regulary- and most of the time we win^^
    Its all a question of tactics and strategy: WHERE you pull him-WHEN you pull him and HOW to fight him.
    If you pull him in the wrong place, his followers will be filled up with other bored guys who look for trouble.
    Send a drag to scout and pull-use dragon crystals and never go without a sorcerer. Try areas and epics-
    you will find it works fine. We go with a healer and a sorcerer and fill up with dragons- but we are never a group of 10.
    Most of the time we are 5-7.
    So leave it a bit tricky- AoP is no quest mob (ok-a lesser epic) - you go for him just for fun.
    I do want it bit tricky Lov, just even there still little bugs I noticed, like long detachment between certain mobs over long distance that is still a problem.

agreeing with Lov here, I've hunted him some times on blight (this was well over a few years ago though) and yes, he is hard, -but- he is the Avatar of Pain, makes sense tbh.

I actually see him (lore-wise) as higher up than most of the WA generals, or well, more like something from the realm of blight that acts purely on instinct rather than tactics and orders.
    I agree he should be hard just not ridiculously insanely hard, the lesser chases shouldn't be fix, I'm just talking about the worst case scenario.

You should have played years ago when he patrolled a very large area in Eastern Deadlands and could get 20 marrows (Valkor's guards which do Ethereal damage) in tow sometimes. It was a real challenge (you would die a few times for sure) and we always had fun going after him.
    Some of it is normal behavior and some what I witness is not normal behavior cause none of the other mobs have it even Task-Master. I still think it needs to be looked at and not dismissed.

Ahh, I remember when Mr AOP and his buddies patrolled just outside of Harro (when Harro was the place to be).
    Many time he would stray into the settlement and 'all hell' would break loose...........happy times
    Lol, I remember seeing him out by my lair in harro lol. I was like what the heck XD.

In the end I still want him as strong and fierce just not ridiculously. Just the bugs need to big fix while keeping him as fierce as he is. Some of it is normal but some it is not like the long distance some of his mobs travel. If anything just remove the phantom mages. I think they cause some of the problem.

Just fix the distance and aggro problems but leave number of adds alone.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    This lesser epic mob known as Avatar of Pain is very buggy. He can be tougher than Reklar, Shaloth, SoG, Valkor, Fafnir, Surtheim, Gruk, Daknor, Both Greater and Lesser Anchors. The only mob that could be his equal is Memory of Elial or the Elial in the rift. This is not cause of Avatar of Pain himself but his insane adds. He can have up to 10 buddies with him usually two adds are Phantom mages but can be up to 3, and also cases with tons of Death Dealers. If you target any of them all of them will gang you at once. There is some major problems with possibly Avatar of Pain himself and his other mobs. I will give list of observations and restate some of what I mentioned above.

Observations:
    • Him and his buddies will chase you for a very long time, I seen it up to over 300 meters (estimated) chasing you. A nightmare for Bipeds.
    • I been witness personally to him and his adds tear a group of biped and dragons even with 5 people to shreds.
    • Some of his mobs are torn from him from long distances when they travel.
    • If seen they will chase you even if you a dragon flying and for a long distance and time.
    • He has 10 adds with him as I stated above plus 2-3 are usually phantom mages. Restating.
    • I seen him with 5 death dealers but there was probably phantom mages but two far back to notice cause of mobs torn from him.

Some of these observations may be bugs cause it's very usual compared to other epics and mobs. I still think he should be a lesser epic but he will need serious changes and changes to how and what his adds are, but right now if you face him I recommend a full team of 10 just to be safe, but note this is not always the case at all the times this is for the worst case. I will state again this is not all the time. Yes he is like this all the time but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be looked at cause there is some oddities here. If anyone else wants to test him or noticed anything else feel free to comment.
    I would like the clarify it's not the number of adds that's the problem it's how they act that's more the issue.

Just fix the distance and aggro problems but leave number of adds alone.
    That's what I am clarifying is what Tilithia said, it's not the number of adds it's the aggro problems and the distance that is the problem plus also that some adds really don't follow in sync just keep the same number of adds.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; February 4th, 2016 at 10:47 PM.

They are 100% social (they will both ask and give assistance to each other). The AoP can spawn from 6 to 10 followers: Enraged Aegror, Ogre Rock Hauler, Blighted Cleric, Phantom Mage, Ogre Bodyguard and Death Dealer are what he can choose from in any mixture and quantity (up to his total).

If they followed you, I would wonder if you ran along the road. Most monsters will follow you up to a certain distance out of their "home" region. In this case, the AoP's home region can be 1 of 3 long patrol paths that follows the roads.

I'll take a look at the social behavior. However, attacking the AoP should in my opinion bring his followers into the attack. He is the boss afterall.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    They are 100% social (they will both ask and give assistance to each other). The AoP can spawn from 6 to 10 followers: Enraged Aegror, Ogre Rock Hauler, Blighted Cleric, Phantom Mage, Ogre Bodyguard and Death Dealer are what he can choose from in any mixture and quantity (up to his total).

If they followed you, I would wonder if you ran along the road. Most monsters will follow you up to a certain distance out of their "home" region. In this case, the AoP's home region can be 1 of 3 long patrol paths that follows the roads.

I'll take a look at the social behavior. However, attacking the AoP should in my opinion bring his followers into the attack. He is the boss afterall.
    I seen him go over mountains Amon, his home turf is like that hill in the staging grounds and somewhere over the mountain close to the swamp and one place in the swamp. But anyway thanks for checking him out. You are right attack him should make them all mad. I just notice strange things about him and his adds.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; February 5th, 2016 at 12:23 AM.

I agree with Lov and the others the AoP should be difficult. And although he may only be labelled a Lesser in my eyes atleast he's certainly a greater epic.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    I agree with Lov and the others the AoP should be difficult. And although he may only be labelled a Lesser in my eyes atleast he's certainly a greater epic.
    It actually wasn't the difficulty that garnered a greater or lesser designation for any of the Epic bosses. It was simply "do they have epic items associated with them" and if they did, they were labeled a Greater boss. Heh.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    It actually wasn't the difficulty that garnered a greater or lesser designation for any of the Epic bosses. It was simply "do they have epic items associated with them" and if they did, they were labeled a Greater boss. Heh.
    That makes more sense, but greater anchor doesn't have epic items associated with them like the essence. They have creates but they barely show sometimes when you beat one both Delegarth Greater Anchor and normal Greater Anchor ones.

Thread Information