Thread: Istarian Challenges

Threaded View

Default Istarian Challenges

For a while now I've been trying to do what I consider a personal challenge, and whilst working on it I thought "hey, why not see what kind of challenges other players have come up with? and share them on a board."

So, I'll start with my number 1 challenge, which I still have to complete.
    _____

The Independent Biped

Summary: The Independent Biped challenge is more of a playstyle rather than a challenge, but with the goal of max rating it can very easily be turned into one. The basic gist is that you create a biped (any race is allowed), and try to level it to max rating (or choose between max craft or max adv) without any outside help.

Rules:
    • No help from other players while adventuring. (No grouping/powerleveling)*
    • No boosting adventure levels through trophies gathered with an alt or other player. You are allowed to grind out trophies as your independent biped, ofcourse.
    • No materials gathered by an alt or other player. Every bit of ore, wood, essence, etc. has to be gathered by yourself.**
    • No buying of items on the consigners, or recieved straight from other players. This includes everything.
    • No gold recieved from an alt or other player.

You are ofcourse allowed to:
    • Participate in chat channels. (boy would it become boring quickly if you weren't)
    • Help other players out crafting wise (gear, discs, etc., if you are the one gathering the materials) and adventure (if you yourself gain no xp from it anymore), as long as you are doing it without being rewarded.

_____
    *The only exception for this is Epic hunt groups.
    **If a quest requires you to gather an item a biped normally cannot/requires a dragon's help for to get, then this is overruled.

_____
    This challenge can ofcourse be applied to a dragon (RoP and ARoP being a few instances where grouping would be allowed), however, I chose to keep bipeds the main focus of this because of the much larger amount of content they have access to.

_____
    I do think I've covered everything now, but if something feels off feel free to message me about it. That being said, what are your (personal) challenges?
    Last edited by meepsa; February 9th, 2016 at 08:48 PM.

Thread Information