Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drop Rates of Certain Monsters and Availablity

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: Drop Rates of Certain Monsters and Availablity

50 Toxic Bonespurs.

Trophy only = 13
    Trophy + Component = 8
    Trophy + junk = 4
    Junk only = 6
    Junk + Component = 4
    Component only = 10
    Nothing = 5

Again some drops were multiples of same item.

I am posting this on behalf of a guildmate who is having trouble logging in to this forum.

I am a former alpha 2 player. My name is Skirnir Ouija Glada. I have never left this game.

I do not believe the trophies are fully fixed, however, they ARE better than what they were. I keept a count while doing the last 55 trophies lvls 86-91 for my last school in that interval. I will track kills and trophies and post for schools and intervals thereafter. As an alpha player and beta player I did counts as a matter of course. As I progress slowly to my goal of mastery of all schools I will post the results of what I encounter as factual evidence. I needed 55 trophies to finish out ranger to level 91, when I started this slow process of reporting. The numbers are what they are no more no less. I leave the the interpretations of those results to my betters to determine whether or not present criteria for loot has been met. I care not about programming coding or those other computer issues. As a customer and a loyal player slowly working to a goal, only what is acquired is in the end important to me as a player and customer.

I am only interested in trophies and only watch trophies. After a certain Rank in this game ONLY by trophies may one advance to one’s goal. My rank is 265. the rank alone prohibits group play even if I could do it, which due to connection and a dino machine I cannot. Christmas 2x exp is critical to me due to the issues we have all encountered as players when we hunt for trophies, cash, and resources.

This is what I have gotten so far.......remember we are in 2x exp for which I am grateful.........and I am VERY grateful for the present management team we have, Instead of the prior circuses, as customers and players, we had to live with in the past that affected our play . Let NO ONE reading these forums ever Forget that THIS wonderful game is NOT a job should NEVER be one and we pay for joy and the privilege of indulging ourselves in what we choose to spend our precious time in, that can never be repeated.

Ranger to 91

_55_ trophies

including:

250 kills

with

Nada loots of 28
    marble boulder frag is 38
    elemental silver is 18
    elemental residue is 68
    elemental globule is 16

sincerely,

skirnir

end quote

Knossos

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

50 Dire Wolves

Trophy only = 10
    Trophy + Component = zero
    Trophy + junk = zero
    Junk only = 17
    Junk + Component = zero
    Component only = 11
    Nothing = 12

No multiple drops were seen.
    I have to admit something does it would seem look wrong here.

/Devil's Advocate/

Aren't some of the comps supposed to be rare? Like the Enraged Yew Treant roots, and the Massive Yew Treant roots?

I would agree that for trophy hunting, using the rare spawning mobs is probably not a good idea. In the case of trophies (only), for mobs that are rare spawns, make the trophy a guaranteed drop.

The comps can stay as rare as the dev's desire... I've nothing against some comps being more difficult than others. Heck I would be in favor of putting the rare comps back on WA mobs like abominations and vexators. Those were the days when an adventurer could make good coin hunting difficult mobs. Or you could easily organize guild hunts on Elnath to help someone get all the blue vex fringes they needed. Good times.

But if the loot tables are 100% standardized, that sounds like perhaps they are not taking into account the mob rarity, at least as far as trophies go. The mob rarity = comp rarity, which was likely the intent. Totally fine with that, but think trophies should drop more consistent on those rare spawners. It's probably quadruple the work to hunt hard to find mobs that are either a small spawn or spaced far away from each other for trophies.

And 81-85 is a trophy range that has a smaller selection than most other trophy ranges... hence that is where the squeeze is felt the strongest.

50 Marble Golems

Trophy only = 11
    Trophy + Component = zero
    Trophy + junk = zero
    Junk only = 18
    Junk + Component = zero
    Component only = 13
    Nothing = 8

I think we can see a pattern form now, this "group" of mobs seem to lack the ability to mix and match with their drops, only being able to drop one item at a time.
    Perhaps this tier of mobs have reverted back to the old code?
    This would certainly make it seem like they are dropping less than other mobs.
    Last edited by Sindala; September 2nd, 2016 at 11:12 PM.

What groups can't mix and match, the Marble Golems? They're not suppose to, they are 81-85 and should only drop one item or one 'nothing'.

As I said in earlier post, the Toxic Bonespurs aren't setup correctly. They actually shouldn't have any + plus signs, there drops should be the same as the marble golems.

Platinum Golems are upper tier 71-75 and would be able to mix and match (more than one). Dire Wolves are 81-85 and would only drop one as well. Now Marble Boulder Golems and Dire Wolf Alpha (86-90) is another story, those could drop 2.

Everything you posted, Sindala, looks spot on, except the Toxic Bonespur. Your results for the Bonespurs would be close to the Marble Golems if those were setup correctly (excluding good or bad random rolls of the dice).
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Problem here is that the lower levels of the tiers, have a good chance to drop (most of the time), but the higher lvls of the tiers are having a bit more difficulties to be farmed due to the drop difference between those two is massive. Just have in comparison Mithril and Marble golems. I have no issue farming up Mithril golems at all, but I only move a bit to the next tier with the Marbles and they don't drop anything.

Also what Racktor pointed out, the swamps have a good amount of mobs, yes, but there is lots of them in a fairly small area for the number of different monsters in it. Only the swamp area is almost the same size as the Marble or Mithril mines, and the swamp itself holds 3 types of bloodskulks (2 of which roam around out of their camp), weaker and normal ravenous, shrunken, normal and turgid weavers, beside of some wisps. Most of the area itself is taken just by the landscape, be it the rivers flowing between the small portions of the swamp, the tower, the ammount of dense trees and the coast, shrinkening the area even more. Now, the 7 types of mobs there are all going around shuffled. If you're looking for something specific, be it ravenous tusks, you'll find it fairly hard to find something, even with the autotargeting (which I spam while moving around/flying to locate the monsters easier), since you'll basicaly target easier something you don't need than what you do. At least their spawn is not that bad, but the area it's just bad.

Now, with the massive yew treants. There is a large community of enranged treants, more than needed I'd say. Why can't be a portion of them be modified to spawn Massive treants instead of enranged? There is I think an entire area just filled with enrangeds, which can be found almost anywhere at the whole area of Yew Forest. So basicaly there is an overpopulation of Enrangeds, and a shortage of Massive treants.

Perhaps it may be time to consider "Trophy Fragments" ?
    Have them drop instead of trophies, then you take these to the vendors and exchange them for the trophy you want, tiered of course.
    Then you could go kill any mob ie, level 81-85, which could bring in all the mobs not included in the current trophy drop system. ?

Sindala, actualy, thats not a bad idea at all. It could have a slightly bad drop rate, but at least if you don't get a full trophy, you could get a fragment instead, and then use it later on to complete what you need.

Brilliant.

UPDATE

My fathers last school at level 86-91 is ELAR.
    Hunting in area marble boulder golems.
    results of same for trophies/other.

Kills: 460
    trophies: 150
    nada loots: 58
    marble boulder Fragment: 107
    Elemental silver: 41
    Elemental Residue: 199
    Elemental Globule: 24

posted at request of my father skirnir ouija glada in these lands of Istaria

william swann

While looking at first thing on my list, the Massive Yew Treants. I've usually hunted those in Yew Forest, since I thought that was really the only spot. I've just realized there is a dedicated spot for them also on Saritova Isle. They're mostly enraged and yews up there, but right at the western edge of the area, are three exclusive spots (not mixed with other treants). Marker wasn't on map pack (but is queued on next update) Right about where this marker is: http://istariareference.com/istariam...15826&showpad= . Just wanted to point that out if anyone is hunting those until the spawns are reviewed/adjusted.

EDIT:
    Just cleaned up all the markers in this area. You can see the three locations here: http://istariareference.com/istariam...7&gridsize=500
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 5th, 2016 at 04:56 PM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    While looking at first thing on my list, the Massive Yew Treants. I've usually hunted those in Yew Forest, since I thought that was really the only spot. I've just realized there is a dedicated spot for them also on Saritova Isle. They're mostly enraged and yews up there, but right at the western edge of the area, are three exclusive spots (not mixed with other treants). Marker wasn't on map pack (but is queued on next update) Right about where this marker is: http://istariareference.com/istariam...15826&showpad= . Just wanted to point that out if anyone is hunting those until the spawns are reviewed/adjusted.

Oh thats very good to know, thank you Cegaiel

Massive Yew Treants is an addition in Delta 287 which is going live on Tuesday.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

It's like the computer has been reset. These numbers are almost too perfect. Here goes on my hunting today. I only did 48 each because of the way they dropped. Marble Golems: 48 killed: 12 nothing, 12 trophies, 12 money, and 12 resources. That is pain weird. Dire Wolves surprised me today also. Dire Wolves: 48 killed: 9 nothing, 16 trophies, 20 money, 3 resources. I have never gotten this much from wolves. Seems most drops for wolves is money items like bones and hides. Anyway, that is what I got today. Thanks. Slimey on Order
    ps: Glad to hear about Massive Yews.

Slimey: your results on Dire wolves are exactly typical, nothing has changed there. They have pretty much always dropped 25% to 30% trophies and about 50% junk, I hunt them very regularly because there is a great spawn of them near my plot. Your results on Marble golems are highly unusual though, however a test of only 48 kills is far too small to be any kind of reliable judge on average drops, you probably just got lucky with the rng, i sometimes get a string of good luck like that too, but it ends pretty quickly.

Sindala: please don't do trophy fragments! We don't need a whole other step in this process. The current trophy system actually works pretty well, the only real issue is that certain level ranges are hard to hunt due to the previously discussed poor spawn issues. Drop rates are a non issue if there are enough mobs to hunt in a reasonable area. It seems like it should be a relatively simple fix to just adjust some spawns, there is still plenty of space in the world after all.

Thread Information